[06/13/19-06/16/19] Vic, Nick & Beard + Hero Hei, TUG, et al @ Anime Matsuri AKA Anime Mignogna - 6/14/19 Vic Directly Gives Nick Energy and Nick proceeds Jelly Bean TUG

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheClappening

TwoHandsSlapping
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
another pic of the 3 guys smoking. Also, they are outside, so I am pretty sure they can smoke there. View attachment 803790
All due respect to Ty, but he really looks like the dad who's trying too hard to look cool.

And Nick, with the boomer shorts, the DBZ shirt, and the subtle farmer's tan, looks like the kid who never grew up.

Vic looks like a chad though. Who knew the actor would be the most photogenic.

Last edited:

AlexJonesGotMePregnant

he put a baby in my butt
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
All due respect to Ty, but he really looks like the dad who's trying too hard to look cool.

And Nick, with the boomer shorts, the DBZ shirt, and the subtle farmer's tan, looks like the kid who never grew up.

Vic looks like a chad though. Who knew the actor would be the most photogenic.
View attachment 804091

Every time a camera comes out, Ty is probably thinking "there are thousands or tens of thousands of international autists who will see this and comment on it"; the world is a weird place.

but yes i agree, nick is the classic late 30s midwesterner with that look and god bless him for not even giving a shit. I was kinda hoping he'd cosplay as vic just for the kicks, tho

TheClappening

TwoHandsSlapping
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Every time a camera comes out, Ty is probably thinking "there are thousands or tens of thousands of international autists who will see this and comment on it"; the world is a weird place.

but yes i agree, nick is the classic late 30s midwesterner with that look and god bless him for not even giving a shit. I was kinda hoping he'd cosplay as vic just for the kicks, tho
You have to put it into perspective for Ty. He's just a lawyer. Granted, he works with clients who are worth a lot, and has a Texas senator on staff, but he's far, far from being any kind of celebrity. But the moment he takes Vic's case, he gets requests for pictures/handshakes. He gets asked for his autograph. He gets gifts from not-too-weeby Star Blazers to ultra weeby KanColle. He gets fanmail. And for every person on twitter praising him (well, not quite, since I think fans outnumber detractors, but just saying), there are complete strangers slamming him for bullshit like he's a celebrity in a hitpiece.

I bet Ty is equal parts bewildered, amused, and horrified at what he stepped into.

Tobias

Bloomer Boomer
kiwifarms.net
You have to put it into perspective for Ty. He's just a lawyer. Granted, he works with clients who are worth a lot, and has a Texas senator on staff, but he's far, far from being any kind of celebrity. But the moment he takes Vic's case, he gets requests for pictures/handshakes. He gets asked for his autograph. He gets gifts from not-too-weeby Star Blazers to ultra weeby KanColle. He gets fanmail. And for every person on twitter praising him (well, not quite, since I think fans outnumber detractors, but just saying), there are complete strangers slamming him for bullshit like he's a celebrity in a hitpiece.

I bet Ty is equal parts bewildered, amused, and horrified at what he stepped into.
Ill say other than his drunken nypa boomering, he's handled the attention exceptionally well.

5t3n0g0ph3r

Resident Archivist
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Final Round-Up:

For the Fans (Rekieta, TUG, Hero Hei)

https://twitter.com/Miku_evo/status/1140389294852530176 (this has a video)

https://twitter.com/CDabyss/status/1140268781224300550 (video with Rekieta and Lady Rackets in it)

Vic Mignogna

https://twitter.com/HalfKiraJames/status/1140294885616041984 (archive the video)

Reuben Langdon

DragoonSierra

kiwifarms.net
Panel over now, Vic cut it a bit short to go back to the people in line for his signing. Quick rundown and some timestamps.
11:40 to about 16:30 is Vic tossing candy to the masses, ends with him giving a gift to a girl he bonks a bit hard with a Milky Way and abusing a Pikachu before giving him a hug.​
17:10 to 39:30 is Vic giving away the last of the stuff that he'd brought from home to give out (includes 32:10 to 32:44 is Revenge of the Pikachu), AND finishes with giving away the box that he brought it all in to a poor homeless weeb.​
43:09 to 43:20 Vic tells everyone in the Panel to go over to Ghidorah's Left Head Mocap guy and tell him hi and show him some love.​
43:30 to 45:10 Vic expresses gratitude and love for everyone who's shown up to come see him, says that he hopes his body of work is big enough that people will continue to want to come see him at cons.​
45:15 to 1:07:33 is Q&A, here are some bits that I personally thought worth noting​
52:26 to 52:37 Vic says that if he had a lot of money, he'd personally pay to get a second season of Ouran High School Host Club- *insert jokes about this if Vic wins the big dollarydoos in his lawsuit*​
53:30 to 56:56 Vic tells the story of the how Mustang is dead sexy... in a mini skirt came to be. He starts it off with, and this is a direct quote. "This is amazing. I'm nearly destroyed, and people keep asking me to say that line."​
56:56 to 58:30 Vic gets a text message from Chris Ayres, so Vic sends him back a little video message of everyone in the room cheering for him.​
58:45 to 1:04:41 Vic points out a superfan, tells the folks to say hi and show her love if they see her around, does a song request for her (The song, btw, was about being tolerant and loving those who are different than you, go figure). Thing that really hit me right in the feels was when he talked about seeing her the day before, as she came to his table, and he asked her "Why are you so kind to me?".​
1:04:50 to 1:05:17 Chris texts back to say thanks and hope everyone was happy and safe, Vic shoots back a We Love Ya Bro.​
After that Q&A, Vic reiterates how grateful he is to everyone.

Short panel, but sweet.
hmm i might have through Chris Ayers was KV but i guess not. His protege Daman Mills is.

So nice of Nick to cosplay at the con as Pasty Midwestern Dad on Family Vacation. Missing the crocs though.

Also, he wins the title of "Least photogenic while smoking a cigar". General Ripper, he isn't.
Caring for 5 kids will do that to you

TheClappening

TwoHandsSlapping
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
hmm i might have through Chris Ayers was KV but i guess not. His protege Daman Mills is.
The dude is literally fighting for his life with COPD. Doesn't have the time or energy to defame someone. The Krystal he mentions is VA Krystal LaPorte, who notoriously was let go from Sentai without warning

(Don't think this needs to be archived but hell, archive everything)

TexOffender

Whatever happens, happens
kiwifarms.net

https://archive.md/WNBvZ

Moved this here since it's a better place.

I couldn't tell at first if she was talking about Vic, or Tug but she means TUG.

It was retweeted by the usual suspects.

Status
Not open for further replies.