2014-09-17 Jay confirmed for Annapolis Comic Con, October 19th -

• Trump is threatening to repeal Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act to spite Twitter and I am tracking competing efforts to edit legislation here.
    P.S. A source of my income was removed by payment networks recently. If you'd like to donate crypto, my addresses are here.

Le Bateleur

Major Arcana
kiwifarms.net
Jay mentioned in a dA journal that he'd be attending the Annapolis Comic Con on Sunday 19th October. There was some discussion as to whether he'd get a table or attend as a customer and try to hand out copies of MotLW surreptitiously.

We've got a definitive answer: he has a table.

upload_2014-9-17_22-45-8.png

He'll no doubt talk more about this on dA in the run up to and aftermath of the convention; this thread will be a handy place to cover that, too.

GamerGirl140

Kimono Enthusiast
kiwifarms.net
Jay mentioned in a dA journal that he'd be attending the Annapolis Comic Con on Sunday 19th October. There was some discussion as to whether he'd get a table or attend as a customer and try to hand out copies of MotLW surreptitiously.

We've got a definitive answer: he has a table.

He'll no doubt talk more about this on dA in the run up to and aftermath of the convention; this thread will be a handy place to cover that, too.
It's probably just a coincidence, but I can't believe this thing happens to be on my birthday.

DrChristianTroy

kiwifarms.net
Who wants to take bets as to how much money he'll make? Or how fast he'll get kicked out of the convention?
Money made? None. With the booth he's baying for, the amateur poster board and any money he spends while there he could sell a few copies and he'll still be in the red.

I also don't think he'll be kicked out. If it's like his last con, or the picture I can remember, his mom goes with him to man the booth. As coddling as she is I can see her reining him in somewhat. Unless someone is deliberately trolling him I doubt he'll chimp out. Even then he's generally a coward so I can see him running off to cry to his mother.

B

BT 075

kiwifarms.net
As long as he won't inappropriately tickle anyone or offer to sign his autograph on a little girls' feet, I think he'll be fine. Comic cons are pretty much Sperg Valhalla, and he'll have a marvelous time. Maybe he can even find a new special maiden-from-the-ground-up to spit-shine his golden lance. :roll:

McRascal

Full body handjob
kiwifarms.net
He made $700 at his last one (or was it that he spent that much to get the table and stuff? I know he made a nice amount of money at the last con, too). Problem is lots of people bought the comics out of curiosity, or out of pity since he was also hassling people with an insane stutter asking them to buy it. Any of those people who bought the first 'Epic Pilot' probably won't buy this one. I don't think he's going to do really good at all at this convention, but you never know. Either way, it still doesn't mean he'll get picked up by some famous company who begs him to let them use his comics for a tv show and new merchandise and make him rich and famous.

Reactions: Lascannon

McRascal

Full body handjob
kiwifarms.net
All i know is he mentioned he either gained or lost $700 at the last con, and I know he DID lose a lot and had to skip an upcoming con

Le Bateleur

Major Arcana
kiwifarms.net
Jay is currently on around -$700 from his comic business. His main expenses have been getting MotLW printed by the vanity press and buying tables at conventions.

He has sold around 95 copies of MotLW at conventions (plus 2 online!), at $4 each that's a turnover of $388, suggesting that so far he has spent at least $1,100 on stock and convention tables.

He also claims that the 95 copies represent selling out his entire stock, implying that Jay has no concept of return on investment.

Meanwhile, Chris has taken around $3,000 on eBay in the last three months...

Queen of Tarts

Do you think you can make me do it again?
kiwifarms.net
Who wants to take bets as to how much money he'll make? Or how fast he'll get kicked out of the convention?
He's not reached Chris level (and probably won't any time soon), so...Let's say he loses even more money and gets jailed after a mother mistakes his comic for something else and her kid sees the inappropriateness in it..

• Optimistic
Reactions: RecordStoreToughGuy

sikotik

It's Lego Frank Mutha Fucka!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Jay is currently on around -$700 from his comic business. His main expenses have been getting MotLW printed by the vanity press and buying tables at conventions.

He has sold around 95 copies of MotLW at conventions (plus 2 online!), at $4 each that's a turnover of $388, suggesting that so far he has spent at least $1,100 on stock and convention tables.

He also claims that the 95 copies represent selling out his entire stock, implying that Jay has no concept of return on investment.

So that would mean that I'm the ONLY person who bought comics from him online?

McRascal

Full body handjob
kiwifarms.net
So even though he spent this whole year getting his online store ready with the finances and paying for the gumroad site... only two people have bought from him online?! He made more selling it at a convention instead of from his DA advertising? Yet he believes DA is where he's famous at, despite apparently no one who even ass pats him bought his comic.

Sounds like a superstar.

Jaimas

Give 'Em the Crab Jab
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

....This means that Sonichu is officially more profitable despite never getting published.

Flowers For Sonichu

2nd Team all-confefence in Kick the Autistic
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I refuse to go to conventions like this because Jay's creepiness and sperging out is normal behavior there. Unless someone who follows his DA confronts him, he will have a great time and probably will post awkward pictures of his emaciated inbred self with people who are actually talented.

Tags
None