2020 Coronavirus Merch Run -

Nekoi.Inukuma.00

just a d00d
kiwifarms.net
About a decade ago, my bank signed me up for a SMS payment service (tellers got paid $2 for each signup - I'd noticed, went in person to the central branch office to unsub, and then they signed me up again), through which I was instantly e-robbed (lost $1000).
Me: "It wasn't me. Give me my money back."
Them: "It was you. No we won't."
Me: "Ok, tell me where I sent it."
Them: "No we won't, it would infringe on the scammer's privacy."

Shit like this is why I don't even have so much as a debit card attached to the primary account our paychecks are direct deposited to. I had PayPal fuck me over when a scammer got into my account ago, sent themselves a "gift", and immediately pulled it out of a Western Union or something. Fortunately, I was a starving college student at the time, so I was only out something like $100. Lesson learned.

Nowadays, on the bank account I have alerts set up for electronic withdrawals, when the grocery store decides they want their money now and run my check electronically I get an SMS notification. Better yet, I typically just use a credit card and cut them a check at the end of the month, because if someone fucks with that, the onus is typically on the credit card company to make it right. Only ever had to tell them to pound sand once, after my wallet was stolen the thief immediately tried running up a bill at the local Best Buy.

I have a separate account with just enough to keep it open for if I ever have to set up a bank draft, and then I transfer just enough cash to cover the bank draft. It is a pain in the ass, but I'd much rather eat an NSF fee on the second account than have my mortgage check bounce.

DuckSucker

Beautiful AND cute
kiwifarms.net
I only have and use a debit card, Will there ever be a time when you can use that again or if there is another merch thing will it be like this one? I wanted to get a shirt but it wouldnt accept it I guess because I only have a debit card--which works on everything else so Ive never thought anything of it.

Archeops

I’m some narcissistic bitch’s OC for Halloween
kiwifarms.net
I only have and use a debit card, Will there ever be a time when you can use that again or if there is another merch thing will it be like this one? I wanted to get a shirt but it wouldnt accept it I guess because I only have a debit card--which works on everything else so Ive never thought anything of it.
Dear Leader touches on that in the thread's first post, if it won't accept your debit/credit card then you can make gift cards via privacy.com.

Dork Of Ages

I give him a head-bop!
kiwifarms.net
Dear Leader touches on that in the thread's first post, if it won't accept your debit/credit card then you can make gift cards via privacy.com.
I used my debit card (which isn't linked to my actual bank accounts since it's one for other currencies outside of my RL one) in the last merch run and it worked then, but didn't work now. I assume it was around the time the payment processor decided to be a bitch and fuck over Null again. So I did what I said in an earlier post and paid Null via MATI donations and emailed him about it, and the payments worked there (though it might get stuck as pending for a while, from what I am seeing, while on the last merch run it accepted the payment immediately, so just a heads up).

AmarettoPie

Definitely not poisonous.
kiwifarms.net
So I got the confirmation email for my order the day I placed it, but now the transaction for said order has vanished off my card's transaction list completely. Did that happen for others the first time, too, or should I be concerned?

Gah, this whole thing is headache-inducing. I feel bad for Null; dealing with this BS must be enough to drive one to drink. Or drink more.

forfoxache

So anyway, I started blasting.
kiwifarms.net
So I got the confirmation email for my order the day I placed it, but now the transaction for said order has vanished off my card's transaction list completely. Did that happen for others the first time, too, or should I be concerned?
Still on my card, the payment posted to my account so I assume it's all good. The transaction is categorized as: "Bills and Utilities." Lel.

Club Sandwich

kiwifarms.net
it probably doesn't translate well to an internet-based merchandising business, but i am in "high-risk" businesses and deal almost exclusively with either cash, consignment, or EFTs. the rare order that is on an agency credit card is infrequent enough that i can get by with the local FCU's payment processor that's specifically geared towards my industry.

not sure if such a specialized processor exists for a merch site, but they typically are backed by an escrow or bonds fund to boost liquidity and reduce risk for the actual bank involved. for my situation, it's a local FCU that i can walk into and talk with, et c.

maybe it's an option?

Null

kiwifarms.net
Apologies for the delay and lack of communication.

In short, he's having logistical issues getting the raw material. The company that sells eggshell stickers has been shut down entirely and will be shut down until further notice. He's having to source destructible stickers from a new company. This still doesn't include shirts.

The plan is to still fulfill the sticker-only orders as soon as possible and then do the combination orders when printing can begin. I've received the bill for the stickers so that's moving forward.

Everyone is just sort of stressed out and a lot of shit comes from China which is still being blockaded essentially.

HOMO FOR LIFE

flaunting her autism like a title of nobility
kiwifarms.net

In short, he's having logistical issues getting the raw material. The company that sells eggshell stickers has been shut down entirely and will be shut down until further notice. He's having to source destructible stickers from a new company. This still doesn't include shirts.

The plan is to still fulfill the sticker-only orders as soon as possible and then do the combination orders when printing can begin. I've received the bill for the stickers so that's moving forward.

Everyone is just sort of stressed out and a lot of shit comes from China which is still being blockaded essentially.
You said no good news or bad news.

This is just bad news.

Troonos

Regrettable Cake Farts
kiwifarms.net

Did you receive the money? That's all that matters right now. T-shirts and stickers are just things. We can wait.

Tags
None