2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo - The most cursed Olympics ever?

Don't Tread on Me

I summon One Hundred-Eyes Dragon!
kiwifarms.net
"With cannabis legal in many states across America, why is it still banned in sports?"

Because it's still illegal at the federal level. A state cannot legalize something that the federal government has banned. We saw that when Alabama and a few other states tried to ban gay marriage at the state level after the Supreme Court ruling. The only difference is Trump and Biden have not bothered to go and bust up these open drug rings.

My younger brother used to work at a dispensary in Colorado. They had to pay him in cash because no federal bank will open an account for them because they are criminals.

wtfNeedSignUp

kiwifarms.net
Seems American news outlets are using a different medal tally than the official Olympic one.
The US is counting total overall medals instead of number of gold, then using silver and then bronze counts to break any ties.
Guess which ends up with America on top? Lol
Does the US media always count this way?
Cause it's wrong
View attachment 2388770
View attachment 2388771
Depending on the incumbent president. Actually I'll be surprised if there won't be any article that will blame Trump for the poor performance.

Coccxys

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
A Murican got the coof and sent three Aussies into mandatory isolation and an Argie has tested positive too. This Olympics is certainly a glorious shitshow.

Tokyo Olympics: Three members of Australian athletics team isolating after close contact with Covid-19 case​

Three members of the Australian athletics team remain in isolation at the Tokyo Olympics after close contact with American pole vaulter Sam Kendricks, who has tested positive for Covid-19.

Kendricks, the reigning world champion, has been ruled out of the Games.
The three Australian athletes had PCR tests and all returned negative results, but will remain in isolation.

A further 41 athletes briefly isolated in their rooms but no longer need to.

Those still in isolation will be allowed to train, subject to strict measures, and are expected to compete as planned.

The Olympic athletics competition starts on Friday.

"Once again, abundant caution and our strict protocols continue to keep the team safe," said Australian Olympic Team Chef de Mission Ian Chesterman.

"We will continue to be very thorough in our observance of the Tokyo playbooks and our own additional measures.

"We want every Australian athlete to be in a position to have their Olympic moment. We will continue to be vigilant."

Kendricks, 28, won Olympic bronze in Rio five years ago and had been expected to contend for a medal in Tokyo.

He won the world pole vault title in 2017 and 2019.

"In alignment with local rules and protocols, he has been transferred to a hotel to be placed in isolation," the United States Olympic and Paralympic Committee (USOPC) said.

"Sam is an incredible and accomplished member of Team USA and his presence will be missed. Out of respect for his privacy, we cannot provide more information at this time."

Kendricks' father Scott, who is also his coach, said on social media his son is not experiencing symptoms.

Argentine pole vaulter German Chiaraviglio has also tested positive for Covid-19 and been ruled out of the Olympics.

On Thursday, the International Olympic Committee said two Olympic-related Covid-19 cases are being treated in hospital, although not in intensive care.

There have now been 198 cases among Olympic personnel, including 20 athletes.

Last edited:

C.U.N.T.

Cash Up, No Tick.
kiwifarms.net
A Murican got the coof and sent three Aussies into mandatory isolation and an Argie has tested positive too. This Olympics is certainly a glorious shitshow.
Gay. Not like we're traditionally much good at track and field anyway, we're only 4th 5th currently (fuck you ROC) because we always blow our load with gold medals early in the swimming events then quickly drop down the medal count with a smattering of medals from other sports.

albert macdonald chan

Novice computer programmer and Norm Macdonald fan
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
5DBFDF8E-A90D-4FC0-B9B8-D9826FC4F0FD.jpeg

FBAD6DB0-24EB-4538-AFFB-EAF450314482.jpeg

MrJokerRager

Moar Big Boobs and Trump 2024
kiwifarms.net
"With cannabis legal in many states across America, why is it still banned in sports?"

Because it's still illegal at the federal level. A state cannot legalize something that the federal government has banned. We saw that when Alabama and a few other states tried to ban gay marriage at the state level after the Supreme Court ruling. The only difference is Trump and Biden have not bothered to go and bust up these open drug rings.

My younger brother used to work at a dispensary in Colorado. They had to pay him in cash because no federal bank will open an account for them because they are criminals.
They legalize it by not enforcing laws and not helping the feds.

Its the same thing they did with the whole sanctuary cities idea where the state or city will not help the feds bust illegals.

When sports was a man's game and players could drink and smoke between breaks.

I Love Beef

OH YEAHHUH, SNAP INTO A SLIM JIM
kiwifarms.net
I am fucking disappoint.

No anime gijinka of nations around the world. They even had fucking Sunrise/Gundam on sponsor, and they couldn't even do G Gundam levels of shit?

Fuck this gay earth.

Also, I absolutely lol at Simone Biles. "My superpower is standing up!" Well bitch, maybe you should read some manga or watch some anime, because holy shit, lol, you're fucking pathetic at that. You couldn't even pick yourself up even when you fell down mentally, and from the nation whose national creed is also "GANBATTE!", you fucking failed at that.

Suni Lee deserves all of your time in the spotlight. Good fucking riddance, aylmao

C.U.N.T.

Cash Up, No Tick.
kiwifarms.net
Lol camel drivers and "Eritrea’s Amanuel Ghebreigzabhier, from Eritrea."

Germany’s cycling team director sent packing after foul racist remarks during Olympics time trial

Patrick Moster made several foul remarks about African athletes while attempting to encourage German rider Nikias Arndt during Thursday’s trial in Fuji.

“Get the camel drivers,” Mr Moster yelled multiple times in reference to Algeria’s Azzedine Lagab, from Algeria, and Eritrea’s Amanuel Ghebreigzabhier, from Eritrea.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/olymp...l/news-story/3c8f5e701c28c331b631789b45e70362

Not a fake name

kiwifarms.net

Cannabis is banned because it acts as a masking agent for some performance enhancers, and fucks with how your body stores medicines.
It’s not because itself gives you any performance boost.

ToroidalBoat

Token Hispanic Friend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
They're really ramping up the wokeness, to the surprise of none.

crosspost from the SJW thread:

Latest USA Today has a front page article on women in the Olympics. It speaks of "sexualized" outfits being changed to "unisex" ones, claims that focusing on sexuality is "overshadowing womens' humanity", and cites "gender studies" professors.

So I suppose focusing on a singer's voice "overshadows their humanity"? And they really don't like male sexuality, or that women are different from men, do they? This tripe is something that was only in feminist studies in academia before Current Year. Now it's in MSM.

(and of course the article spoke favorably of Naomi Osaka)

Kiwi Lime Pie

Tastefully surviving the 2021 DDOS attacks. 🥝🥧🐈
kiwifarms.net
They're really ramping up the wokeness, to the surprise of none.
A bit ironic that only the women in leotards or form-fitting sportswear have issues regarding the sexualization of their bodies and nobody expresses that concern about the male swimmers that wear tight, minimal Speedos. Yeah, I'm sure people will say it's no big deal or men just need to suck it up. Still, the same people that complain about a double standard are promoting one of their own with their attempts to be woke.

If that's the case, I think her bowing out makes a lot more sense and comes off as much less selfish, but I don't know enough about gymnastics scoring to know if that's true.
When the team qualification ended with the USA finishing second, some guy on the NBC late night broadcast had all the US gymnasts' scores showing who scored what. He then analyzed the US team's chances of winning the team competition. What I noticed without it being mentioned explicitly was that Biles' scores showed a consistent drop-off with each subsequent apparatus. He pointed out a 0.5 drop off and 0.6 drop off on what I believe were two events that are seen as her best -- a combined difference of 1.1 for her alone which was significant because the Russians finished ahead of the US by 1.067 points.

I have no idea what's been going through Biles' head, but I know from experience that it's very easy to have a day where you just don't feel it and can't get focused on whatever it is you want or need to do. I'd rather see Biles bow out when she did than try to perform when she has focus issues and potentially injure herself in a serious way or even end up paralyzed because she freezes in mid air and lands the wrong way.

Her teammates were more than capable of picking up the slack by virtue of their team silver and Suni Lee's all-around win. That says a lot about their skill, determination, and character to work through the situation and ensuing buzz/drama.

To close, I hope Biles finds a competent professional to help her if she still feels she has underlying mental issues.

Still, couldn't she have watched and cheered on her teammates from the sidelines? Oh well.
I didn't pay attention during the team finals, but Biles was there to cheer on/support her teammates competing in the all around.

This year’s Olympics is just making me vindicated in thinking that Americans currently don’t care for sportsmanship, or critical thinking.
The death of sportsmanship is very real, especially in amateur, youth, and school sports. Practically every such sport is seeing a shortage of officials not just because of COVID but because officials -- especially newer ones -- are quitting because they don't want to deal with rude and abusive coaches, players, fans, and parents on a daily basis. With this attitude in the lower level of sports, it's not too shocking that it's bubbled up to the higher levels even if it's unfortunate.

If I recall, Olympic Athletes may be bound by whatever drug prohibitions are in place by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA?). From what I remember, athletes are given a list of banned substances and periodic counseling that includes any updates to the list. So, they know very well what is and isn't acceptable in terms of drugs no matter how much they want to bounce and squeak about the politics behind the legal status of marijuana. Sure certain stuff on that list such as pot or ephedrine might be legal otherwise, but these athletes also know they have to avoid those and other drugs when they're actively involved in sanctioned competition lest they test positive and face disciplinary action.
(E: Spelling and clarity)

Last edited:

biozeminadae1

kiwifarms.net
Lol camel drivers and "Eritrea’s Amanuel Ghebreigzabhier, from Eritrea."

Germany’s cycling team director sent packing after foul racist remarks during Olympics time trial

Patrick Moster made several foul remarks about African athletes while attempting to encourage German rider Nikias Arndt during Thursday’s trial in Fuji.

“Get the camel drivers,” Mr Moster yelled multiple times in reference to Algeria’s Azzedine Lagab, from Algeria, and Eritrea’s Amanuel Ghebreigzabhier, from Eritrea.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/olymp...l/news-story/3c8f5e701c28c331b631789b45e70362
What, exactly, is racist about what he said? Are they saying Amazighs and Ethiopians don't ride camels?

Sunisa Lee gave this amazing post-game interview. "We don't owe anybody anything; you aren't the ones competing,"
What a fucking cunt, you wouldn't have gotten to this level if it wasn't for your country investing in you, bitch.

Cliff Booth

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Man Tennys Sandgren is about to lose in men's doubles tennis in the bronze match for the USA. Equystrian Jones, Watyr Polo Johnson and Hundred Meter Hyrdles Smith smoked their fucking field. Get it together man! (this is by far the worst joke I've ever made on this website)

E: Schauffele is leading midway through the golf tournament. Motherfucker worked a 63 today.

Last edited: