2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo - The most cursed Olympics ever?

Judge Dredd

Senior Layout Artist
kiwifarms.net
Are other networks across the world as shitty with coverage as NBC's?
The BBC might be bad. I was going to watch the badminton (don't judge. It's really entertaining, and when else do you get to watch it?) but the BBC didn't seem to show it. Going onto BBCi player, almost all the events are womens events. Barely any male events. I saw skeet shooting and a few athletics and gymnastic events, but the rest were all women. I don't know if it's me being paranoid, or the BBC is focusing on female events almost exclusively.

A bit ironic that only the women in leotards or form-fitting sportswear have issues regarding the sexualization of their bodies and nobody expresses that concern about the male swimmers that wear tight, minimal Speedos. Yeah, I'm sure people will say it's no big deal or men just need to suck it up. Still, the same people that complain about a double standard are promoting one of their own with their attempts to be woke.
I'm guessing we'll still get articles about "Top 10 Olympic bulges" though, because something something feminism.

biozeminadae1

kiwifarms.net
Slavs are considered white now?

They keep changing the definition of race every now and then, apparently Arabs are considered white by the US Census, even the dark as fuck ones.
Yeah, that probably happened after the incredible population boom of the negroids. Caucasian is used in US censuses, which includes people of the Middle East, Europe and North Africa.

Seven Costanza

kiwifarms.net
Entertaining 100 final indeed. Lamont Jacobs hadn't broken 10.00 before 2021 so the doping accusations have begun flying.

I've been enjoying these Olympics, especially since track started. Been juggling NBC/USA/NBCSN/Peacock footage like a true TV consoomer.

btw anyone else hear cicadas in the background of some of these outdoor events? I thought this was just an anime meme lmao.

Leaf Wage Slave

kiwifarms.net
Is there any way to watch the broadcasts in 4K or UHD online?

Edit: Bill Maher addressed the wokeness insanity at the event.

Y’know, I don’t always agree with what Maher says, but its rather impressive watching him practically become a “Right Winger” without changing any if his own personal politics.

I have no real hope of this feeling spreading - at this point I know better than to expect good things from clown world - but it’s nice to see it starting ti catch outside sites like this...

Linkin Park

Dox Me? Nooooooo. DDos? Noooooooo. Trannies? Noooo
kiwifarms.net
The BBC might be bad. I was going to watch the badminton (don't judge. It's really entertaining, and when else do you get to watch it?) but the BBC didn't seem to show it. Going onto BBCi player, almost all the events are womens events. Barely any male events. I saw skeet shooting and a few athletics and gymnastic events, but the rest were all women. I don't know if it's me being paranoid, or the BBC is focusing on female events almost exclusively.

I'm guessing we'll still get articles about "Top 10 Olympic bulges" though, because something something feminism.
You can just use 30 min. trials on NBC's website for whatever sport you want to watch live, then switch VPNs and repeat.

I watched the golf and diving finals through that method, very entertaining honestly. Rooting for China to win the most golds

Kiwi Lime Pie

Tastefully surviving the 2021 DDOS attacks. 🥝🥧🐈
kiwifarms.net
btw anyone else hear cicadas in the background of some of these outdoor events? I thought this was just an anime meme lmao.
I've been hearing a buzzing during the rebroadcast of the men's individual golf. I thought it was the TV acting up, but it wasn't consistent with a malfunction. Who'd have thought it was cicadas being picked up by the microphones.

In yesterday's women's beach volleyball round of 16 game, when the US women lost to Canada, it was possibly the first time I've ever seen a video challenge be made only to have the other team challenge the challenge and then get the overturned call overturned back to the original call 🤷‍♂️. What a mess, and a what a credibility hit for video replay.

TungstenCarbide

Giubilo sia in tutto il regno!
kiwifarms.net
Maybe she was telling all the people who live vicariously through their Twitter accounts and offer their unsolicited opinions, advice, and salt that they truly aren't owed anything by anyone.
Probably you are right. I know a few people who ferociously critique athletes who make mistakes or (in their opinion) perform poorly, and incidentally they're all couchpotatoes who never played sport, or who didn't play sport in years.

A supporter has all the rights to feel displeased, angry or disappointed if their team loses, but the fake experts are annoying.

"He should have aimed more to the left, that good for nothing asshole."

Sure. I suppose that an athlete who has already a couple of gold medals under his belt and trained for years to compete in the most prestigious sport competition in the world will humbly appreciate your well-informed advice.

Bunny Tracks

Nothing equals the splendor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Slightly late, but South Korea issued an apology the other day because during their coverage of the opening ceremony, the trivia and images that they used to represent the different countries was, well, let's just say, brutally honest, and absolutely fucking hilarious.

Romania: Dracula
1627849557566.png

Ukraine: Chernobyl
1627849507066.png

Haiti: "Upheaval"
1627849622315.png

I really wish they had chosen guns, or obesity for America. I wouldn't even be mad. I'd be laughing way too hard.

Thiletonomics

조 바이든 승리의 쌀.
kiwifarms.net
Slightly late, but South Korea issued an apology the other day because during their coverage of the opening ceremony, the trivia and images that they used to represent the different countries was, well, let's just say, brutally honest, and absolutely fucking hilarious.

Romania: Dracula
View attachment 2399782

Ukraine: Chernobyl
View attachment 2399773

Haiti: "Upheaval"
View attachment 2399786

I really wish they had chosen guns, or obesity for America. I wouldn't even be mad. I'd be laughing way too hard.

I wonder how much of a shit show it would have been, if they depicted either the George Floyd knee incident, or the January 6 Capitol Run-In, for the US.

And imagine if they had either Winnie the Pooh, or the Tiananmen Square protestor vs. tank picture, for China.

Abby

kiwifarms.net
Belarus wanted their sprinter to come back unexpectedly and she's now seeking asylum in Japan.

https://www.espn.com/olympics/story...a-tsimanouskaya-says-was-taken-airport-wishes

Belarusian sprinter Krystsina Tsimanouskaya says she was taken to airport against her wishes​

TOKYO -- A Belarusian sprinter said she was taken to the airport against her wishes on Sunday to board a flight back home after she complained about national coaches at the Tokyo Olympics.

Krystsina Tsimanouskaya, who was due to compete in the women's 200 meters on Monday, told Reuters she did not plan to return to her home country. She said she had sought the protection of Japanese police at Tokyo's Haneda airport so she would not have to board the flight.

"I will not return to Belarus," she told Reuters in a message over Telegram. The Belarusian Olympic Committee said in a statement that coaches had decided to withdraw Tsimanouskaya from the Games on doctors' advice about her "emotional, psychological state."

The Belarusian Olympic Committee did not immediately respond to a request for additional comment. A Reuters photographer witnessed the athlete standing next to Japanese police.

"I think I am safe," she said. "I am with the police."
A police officer at Haneda airport said they were with a female Olympic athlete from Belarus at Terminal 3. A source at the Belarusian Sport Solidarity Foundation, which supports athletes jailed or sidelined for their political views, said Tsimanouskaya planned to request asylum in Germany or Austria on Monday.

Belarus' neighbor, Poland offered help to Tsimanouskaya. Deputy Foreign Minister Marcin Przydacz said on Twitter that Tsimanouskaya has been offered a "humanitarian visa and is free to pursue her sporting career in Poland if she so chooses.''

Tsimanouskaya filmed a video that was published on Telegram by the Belarusian Sport Solidarity Foundation, in which she asked the International Olympic Committee to get involved in her case.

The IOC, which has been in dispute with the Belarus National Olympic Committee ahead of the Tokyo Games, said it had intervened.

"The IOC is looking into the situation and has asked the NOC for clarification,'' it said in a statement.

Tsimanouskaya, 24, said coaching staff had come to her room on Sunday and told her to pack. She was taken to the airport before she could run in the 200 meters and 4x400 meters relay on Thursday. She said she had been removed from the team due "to the fact that I spoke on my Instagram about the negligence of our coaches."

Tsimanouskaya had previously complained she was entered in the 4x400 meters relay after some members of the team were found to be ineligible to compete at the Olympics because they had not undergone a sufficient amount of doping tests.

"Some of our girls did not fly here to compete in the 4x400 meters relay because they didn't have enough doping tests," Tsimanouskaya told Reuters from the airport. "And the coach added me to the relay without my knowledge. I spoke about this publicly. The head coach came over to me and said there had been an order from above to remove me."

Tsimanouskaya added that she had reached out to members of the Belarusian diaspora in Japan to retrieve her at the airport. Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko has kept a tight grip on Belarus, a former Soviet state, since 1994. Faced with mass street protests last year over what his opponents called rigged elections, he ordered a violent crackdown on protesters.

Lukashenko denies the allegations of vote-rigging. Unusually in a country where elite athletes often rely on government funding, some prominent Belarusian athletes joined the protests. Several were jailed, including Olympic basketball player Yelena Leuchanka and decathlete Andrei Krauchanka. Others lost their state employment or were kicked off national teams for supporting the opposition.

Reuters and The Associated Press contrib

albert macdonald chan

Novice computer programmer and Norm Macdonald fan
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
CDB9B784-E770-4297-9016-2C8F6D33CFD9.png

Great game, and I will say that critics were wrong for giving this just “meh” to “average” reviews.

Well, tonight's the night lads. At 3:50 AM PST (6:50 EST) our boy Hubbard takes the stage. I hope he wins gold for maximum lulz, and maybe even to peak trans a few normies. Hubbard is the only thing I'm even remotely interested in at the Tokyo Olympics.
If he wins, Matt & Trey will be (again) vindicated in the most normie way possible:

Leaf Wage Slave

kiwifarms.net
Well, tonight's the night lads. At 3:50 AM PST (6:50 EST) our boy Hubbard takes the stage. I hope he wins gold for maximum lulz, and maybe even to peak trans a few normies. Hubbard is the only thing I'm even remotely interested in at the Tokyo Olympics.
I mean, if Hubbard wins tonight it’ll give the trannies at least one good thing out of this weekend, considering the shitshow with Chris...