A Final Solution to the Proving Grounds Problem -

• ATTENTION: The National Security Administration has made a press release regarding a Windows 10 remote execution exploit that any website can take advantage of. It is one of the worst exploits that has ever been found. Update Windows immediately.

NSA Press Release, "Am I vulnerable?"

Poll

• Option 1

Votes: 122 16.8%
  • Option 2

Votes: 558 76.8%
  • I have a better idea / Those are both shit

Votes: 47 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
Given the immediate community consensus, I am lifting new thread restrictions on all on-topic boards. Proving Grounds remains up because it is the only board where there is no edit time restrictions on OPs or posts for all users. I will think about how I want to deal with its existing content and how we're going to move new threads from PG out.

Deadpool

Blessed are the fires that have burned me.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Why not have all new threads have a poll open for a couple weeks to a month with "keep open" or "close" and let users decide on content. That way if an OP sucks there is still time for other users to dig and make it interesting and to save it and if it sucks then the users reading it can decide for themselves and vote to close it.

The Reaper

You know what they say about curiousity
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I like the idea of making PG dark to newbies, in the sense that you cannot just run in after an account is made and go posting. I remember making one earlier in my forum browsing experience, and while it wasn't bad Ride was correct about enough funny not being present and some formatting issues. The thread naturally died because I couldn't find anymore and it did not generate enough interest to others on the site, so now its sitting somewhere in a locked state. While it gave me a better idea about what a cow and thread were supposed to be there are a lot of people who burst in, make a mess of introducing a cow, and then sperg about people trying to help them correct it. Having newbies locked out and encouraging them to look at good threads or even introduce potential cows to a more experienced forum user to help make the thread would be a benefit to me. I like the idea of getting to the point where it is a group effort and the op is written more like a Wiki article, but in order to get that curation you'd have to start with basic introductions to garner interest.

SherlockMexicano

kiwifarms.net
Speaking of that @Null I have a complaint about internatinal threads there.

It seems like only brazilian threads get aproved in a day or even in the same day, but other langaugues get stuck, so much of the international board is mostly portuguese while everyone else hardly ever gets something new.

My last attemp was stuck in a month, until you intervened (thanks for that).

We got a lot of people in spanish and we even discussed them, but I bet this slowness discourages everyone.

war has changed

maybe...
kiwifarms.net
I like the idea of making PG dark to newbies, in the sense that you cannot just run in after an account is made and go posting. I remember making one earlier in my forum browsing experience, and while it wasn't bad Ride was correct about enough funny not being present and some formatting issues. The thread naturally died because I couldn't find anymore and it did not generate enough interest to others on the site, so now its sitting somewhere in a locked state. While it gave me a better idea about what a cow and thread were supposed to be there are a lot of people who burst in, make a mess of introducing a cow, and then sperg about people trying to help them correct it. Having newbies locked out and encouraging them to look at good threads or even introduce potential cows to a more experienced forum user to help make the thread would be a benefit to me. I like the idea of getting to the point where it is a group effort and the op is written more like a Wiki article, but in order to get that curation you'd have to start with basic introductions to garner interest.
I agree with this! Since any new user is permitted to make a thread in PG, they overlook literally lurking more and seeing how things are done. 99% of the time they get chased off for not knowing etiquette and getting salty, and the cow they bring in gets discarded entirely.

BrainProlapse

Bruh.
kiwifarms.net
Why not have all new threads have a poll open for a couple weeks to a month with "keep open" or "close" and let users decide on content. That way if an OP sucks there is still time for other users to dig and make it interesting and to save it and if it sucks then the users reading it can decide for themselves and vote to close it.
I like polls but I can see this being abused, some furry thread pops up and they get their entire discord server to try and get rid of it.

I don't know if mods can impose a minimum participation level to vote, but that would be good.

Near

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I do look forward to the more leniency on threads. Sure, it's potential for absolute uninformative garbage, but a lot of the threads on here that are still ongoing, have started from less than two sentences. Of course, i'm all for providing background information and all the good stuff, and I hope to see some good shit come out of this. But when someone out there's just interesting enough, at the end of the day, barely anyone can be assed to look up a lolcow's social security number and shoe size to not get shitcanned

Last edited:

Deadpool

Blessed are the fires that have burned me.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I like polls but I can see this being abused, some furry thread pops up and they get their entire discord server to try and get rid of it.

I don't know if mods can impose a minimum participation level to vote, but that would be good.
It could be the same seniority level as proving grounds already is.

Sparky Lurker

Arauto do Autismo
kiwifarms.net
Speaking of that @Null I have a complaint about internatinal threads there.

It seems like only brazilian threads get aproved in a day or even in the same day, but other langaugues get stuck, so much of the international board is mostly portuguese while everyone else hardly ever gets something new.

My last attemp was stuck in a month, until you intervened (thanks for that).

We got a lot of people in spanish and we even discussed them, but I bet this slowness discourages everyone.
The only reason Internationale Clique has so many brazilian threads is because I have the willpower of an autist, otherwise it would be D.O.A. (considering there was even a botched attempt on the past), if you check most of the BR threads they barely leave the first page, you folks on IC just have to quit the misconception of brazilian bias, we lose in numbers here for both the germans, spanish and even the french.

I also believe your thread only got stuck on PG for such a long time is because you ended downplaying your lolcow by stating he was the spanish Yaniv, it is quite an amateurish mistake to quickly rather describe a lolcow by comparing him to a popular one, most people does that with the "Next Chris Chan" but after a certain time you will learn that tactic is not worthwhile at all.

Last edited:

Clockwork_PurBle

"I wanna fly too!"
kiwifarms.net

I also like the idea of polls and perhaps this could serve to fix the issue you mentioned.

So let's say I make a thread on Pedo Furry #57938214. After a day or two, open a poll. Poll lasts for one-two weeks. Make the minimum requirement to be able to vote be something like "have active membership for at least a month prior to voting." That way when furries try to make sock accounts to vote down the thread, they won't be able to. Afterwards mods can go through and check for any obvious socks/trolls that got through the system.

A Pox

kiwifarms.net
Here's my idea.

- Make Proving Grounds open to all registered members.
- Assign hyperautists to move quality threads from Proving Grounds to the appropriate forum.
- Keep a senior user subforum for new thread creators that request help on writing a OP or finding additional information or situations where the cow can get spooked before everything can be archived.

Cardenio

Yeed
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
As the writer of the Stuttering John Melendez thread I'd just greatly appreciate it if you freeze the thread in carbonite in the event John spergs out more as I anticipated.

Also Owen Benjamin most certainly deserves to be in the Internet Famous section for running a cult and managing to force Porsalin into an early retirement.

YourUnclesDad

kiwifarms.net
I've seen a lot of good cows be turned away because of the super high standard OP that's expected. Look at Robert McKim's thread. The OP is the laziest crap I've ever seen but it turned into one of my favorite threads here. In fact, I'd rather the OP be short and to the point. I don't want a long fucking story like I'm reading an article or a book. It makes me turn away when there's an overwhelming amount of shit to read. I bet it turns people off from showing good cows they know of in fear of it being a "shitty OP."

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino