A note on the continued usefulness of Brave -

• Trump is threatening to repeal Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act to spite Twitter and I am tracking competing efforts to edit legislation here.
    P.S. A source of my income was removed by payment networks recently. If you'd like to donate crypto, my addresses are here.

Isaac Cox

XD
kiwifarms.net
So they kowtow'd to the dangerhairs, pulled you from the system and you're still shilling their botnet?

1069d92eeb607cbc25882243e1733k202f0bfd5ec6b77eb52788e1bf7d224f2d.jpg

re-adding PIA as a sponsor because Linus from LinusTechTips interviewed them and re-sponsored them.
The approval of some sellout shill influencer is not the best reason to re-sponsor something.

Stop using this site then because you also connect to Google to download fonts visiting here.
1583704828346.png

Null

Ooperator
Patriarch
kiwifarms.net
So they kowtow'd to the dangerhairs, pulled you from the system and you're still shilling their botnet?
They obligated a legal requirement that was explained to me and which I found acceptable. If you do not wish to support the site you can continue using Palemoon, Startpage, and whatever obscure adblocker you want. If the majority of the site uses Brave I don't have to care what dangerhairs think.

I'm pulled from receiving their money, and only their money. Advertiser money I can receive.

SAVE TWINKIE!

Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
just to be clear, im seeing 3 different things on the rewards page:
1. can you receive money through BAT earned from Brave ads.. y/n
2. can you receive money through BAT monthly auto-contribute.. y/n
3. can you receive money through BAT tips.. y/n

Bepis

kiwifarms.net
Protip for Brave on mobile: there is a setting you can enable which allows you to play audio when the app is in the background or when the screen is off, essentially giving you Youtube pro or whatever the fuck it's called (all with NO ADS).
Personally I just use Newpipe for this. Works wonderfully for livestreams where the video itself isn't super important.

Dysnomia

Party like it's COVID-1999
kiwifarms.net
Protip for Brave on mobile: there is a setting you can enable which allows you to play audio when the app is in the background or when the screen is off, essentially giving you Youtube pro or whatever the fuck it's called (all with NO ADS).
This is a plus since I like to use Youtube as a radio. I was annoyed that I could no longer have music in the background without having the tab set to fucking Youtube.

3119967d0c

a... brain - @StarkRavingMad
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Personally, I don't review every single update to my web browser of choice to ensure that it's safe.

Can I subscribe to your service where your security team reviews all commits to a new browser release and help me build it independently on my own machine to verify that nothing nefarious has been added? What's your turnaround time? How much does one pay per month for this service?

annoyingfuck

kiwifarms.net
I've been using Brave for years, I disable/delete everything I'm 'paranoid' about. I use DDG for searching most of the time, which I also set up as per Brave itself.

As Null said, unfortunately nothing beats the big g for search results, over the years I've got to know what is easier to find where, so I use that on FF for stuff that I know will come up without having to hunt for it through DDG.

It's okay to be paranoid about shit, most of the conspiracy theories over the years, have been proven true, but being realistic is also important to how we live our lives, and getting through it without undue stress.

Dad

I'm surfing—the internet!
kiwifarms.net
All of my monthly BAT has gone to the site since you started the program, and I can't praise it enough. To anyone who isn't doing it yet, the effort is so minimal and you get to give monetary support even if your own financial situation is less than great.

Null

Ooperator
Patriarch
kiwifarms.net
Nigger just use Firefox with uBlock origin, uMatrix none of this crypto shilling shit
Crypto is the only reason the site is still up. I use it every day. My cards weren't working at an ATM here in Serbia, so I sold $100 in Bitcoin to a Bitcoin ATM.

I can't stress enough, the only reason I was not forced to bring the site down by Sam was thanks to support by crypto. We were not receiving any other income for two years besides anonymous crypto donations.

Also, Firefox is fucking garbage.

A Welsh Cake

Bury Ebil 😈
kiwifarms.net
Crypto is the only reason the site is still up. I use it every day. My cards weren't working at an ATM here in Serbia, so I sold $100 in Bitcoin to a Bitcoin ATM.

I can't stress enough, the only reason I was not forced to bring the site down by Sam was thanks to support by crypto. We were not receiving any other income for two years besides anonymous crypto donations.

Also, Firefox is fucking garbage.
I'm downloading Brave now daddy null

iLoveDoe

kiwifarms.net
Gave it a go

Looks and works exactly like Chrome, should get used to it pretty quick

Made 0.1 BAT so far, but I only got one ad in a few hours

Will fuck around with the settings a bit more

Citation Checking Project

Wokescolds of the world, unite!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah Brave has been good to me on desktop as well as mobile and I'm sending BAT religiously.

I will forever remember the day I discovered that a couple months ago and the unprecedented creaming of my pants that followed. A+ life upgrade.

Aside from the fact that there's plenty of searx instances, you can always try Qwant Lite
I would recommend against anything Qwant because they censor their results based on the whims of the French Government and the MAFIAA. As such it's an objectively inferior service from the point of view of the user's interest.

I had it on my phone for a bit but I was getting ads in the notifications which was really annoying
Do they ring your phone? My phone is permanently on silent so I dont know what the default is.
A contrario I would argue that Brave's ads are the least annoying and overall least bad form of advertising: no pictures or animations, no forcing the user to access a link, no mixing with other content, pay the user for their attention, you get two lines of text like {name of the product} {short description of the product} Click here to visit if you're interested and nothing else, kind of like early Twitter. If we're going to have ads, which we probably are in a free market economy, I'll take Brave ads over any other form of advertising, both IRL and on the Internet.

Isaac Cox

XD
kiwifarms.net
Can I subscribe to your service where your security team reviews all commits to a new browser release and help me build it independently on my own machine to verify that nothing nefarious has been added? What's your turnaround time? How much does one pay per month for this service?
Unsolicited http requests, whitelisted 3rd-party javascript and public lies by developers don't require a security team to find out.

Tags
None