Animal Crossing: New Horizons - It's hard to convince people that I'm not a furry after telling them I like Animal Crossing.

• Trump is threatening to repeal Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act to spite Twitter and I am tracking competing efforts to edit legislation here.
    P.S. A source of my income was removed by payment networks recently. If you'd like to donate crypto, my addresses are here.

Catch Your Breath

Picker of Low Hanging Fruit #FlangGang
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Guys it’s starting to look like all the dinosaurs literally died at the entrance of my village. Do any of you wanna come over and see if you need any of this shit?
I completed my museum's fossil section today sadly lol

Consenticles

sit nomine digna
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
For specific villagers:

Get NFC stickers, they are super cheap, and bam, you have any amiibo you want for mere cents.

Use an N-tag 215. Customize with Tagmo App, fyi once you assign an amiibo to them, you cannot change it. But we got like 100 for less than 5 bucks, so not an issue.

Got me 10 that I am slowly filling my island with. Dont pay crazy money for amiibos.

TheImportantFart

The Farter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I’ve started trying to de-weed my island, but it occurs to me that may be a waste of time since terraforming is a thing later on and storage is getting clogged with the weeds. Is this actually worth my time or is it something that automatically gets sorted later?

Gotenks

AKA Red, the Cat Philanthropist
kiwifarms.net
I’ve started trying to de-weed my island, but it occurs to me that may be a waste of time since terraforming is a thing later on and storage is getting clogged with the weeds. Is this actually worth my time or is it something that automatically gets sorted later?
It absolutely does not sort itself out, unfortunately. Keep like a stack or two and just sell the rest, is my advice.

• Informative
Reactions: TheImportantFart

UntimelyDhelmise

Galar Purge Survivor
kiwifarms.net
It's worth it for a number of reasons. Besides the obvious selling cash (which you want to do a LOT of btw, it's part of a Nook Miles string that's specifically about selling weeds), they're also a handier crafting material than you'd first think. For one thing they're required for making medicine, and they're used for a number of furniture, namely a lot of plant-based stuff.

Also you can only get terraforming by getting your island's star rating up to 3. And, well, having weeds growing everywhere doesn't exactly help you in that department. So tl;dr it's in your best interest in more ways than one to keep the island clear of weeds.

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I actually leave a small section of the island with weeds specifically for Nook+ and medicine stuff. Mainly because I haven’t had any grow back after I cleared out the other parts of the island.

Pargon

He don't
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I actually leave a small section of the island with weeds specifically for Nook+ and medicine stuff. Mainly because I haven’t had any grow back after I cleared out the other parts of the island.
They will grow back...slowly. Like real life, if you leave a patch of weeds around there's a decent chance the tiles around them will spawn weeds the next day. It's when you've yanked weeds like an obsessive that you find yourself waiting for them to spawn on random tiles.

Are weeds needed for unique bugs?

Reactions: HIVidaBoheme

Chin of Campbell

Grooby :DDD
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
They will grow back...slowly. Like real life, if you leave a patch of weeds around there's a decent chance the tiles around them will spawn weeds the next day. It's when you've yanked weeds like an obsessive that you find yourself waiting for them to spawn on random tiles.

Are weeds needed for unique bugs?
I believe in past games letting enough weeds grow for long enough would cause corpse flowers to grow around town, which would attract certain bugs, but I don't think that's the case this time around. Nothing I've seen indicates that you need weeds for anything but their most obvious uses.

Also, don't forget, everyone, that this morning is peak turnip. Be sure to check if you have the BIG price and let us know!

Last edited:

Gotenks

AKA Red, the Cat Philanthropist
kiwifarms.net
so I have some bamboo growing but I’d really like more. Can you get shoots from the trees somehow or do I have to go island hopping for more? Anyone know?

YourMommasBackstory

Gosh, I hope I’m safe it this suit!
kiwifarms.net
so I have some bamboo growing but I’d really like more. Can you get shoots from the trees somehow or do I have to go island hopping for more? Anyone know?
Shoots are spawning near bamboo on your island, but I don’t know how often.
i have some spare shoots so I can bring you some if you want to.

Reactions: HIVidaBoheme

whitepumpkin

Verified Autumn White Girl
kiwifarms.net
If you manage to land one of the Octopi I'll perform questionable deeds to get it from you.
I have Octavian's card!

But if you have an Android: Making your own Amiibo
At any rate, I need to pop into your town and give you my blue windflower. Apparently you can't send it through the mail, which is bulllllshit, but hey. Nothing wrong with a little travelling.

Tags
None