Anime News Network (ANN), Christopher Macdonald & Co. - "Unbiased" Reporting on All Things Anime Related By Snobbish Quebec-Based Web Company

• DDoS is active again.

Mothra88

kiwifarms.net
I can confirm Justin Sevakis holds on to grudges forever like a high school mean girl. It's one of the reasons my bullshit alarm instantly went off when I saw ANN was involved in this fiasco. Of course they were party to the group of slime talking shit about him behind his back 15 years ago. That's who they are and always have been. These disgusting people really never belonged anywhere near the fandom.

Apterigo

Tre verda multmaniere
kiwifarms.net
I forgot ANN had its own thread, so here's a crosspost from the main thread: I guess Sony purchasing Crunchyroll means that ANN isn't being paid anymore or something.

1624140909217.png

albert macdonald chan

Novice computer programmer and Norm Macdonald fan
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I forgot ANN had its own thread, so here's a crosspost from the main thread: I guess Sony purchasing Crunchyroll means that ANN isn't being paid anymore or something.

View attachment 2276958
Now that Crunchyroll has stolen all of the fans that ANN has had over the years, they decide that NOW that Crunchyroll’s original TV shows are a problem?

:story:

Dom Cruise

How is she when she doesn't surf?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Archive is taking its sweet time.
View attachment 2267346
The "Risen" is definitely a Risembool nod. Also the 'KRA' = 'FMA'.
View attachment 2267363
They've been holding on to a grudge since 2007.
And let's not beat around the bush and I know this is not some fresh take and a lot of people have said this, but I'm saying it again, Vic caused butthurt even back in the day because he's an outspoken Christian, knowing the way things were in the 2000s and the way guys like Justin and Zac were/are I'm sure that pissed them off greatly to have him "infiltrate" the fandom and use it as a place to "proselytize"

AnOminous

μολὼν λαβέ
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
And let's not beat around the bush and I know this is not some fresh take and a lot of people have said this, but I'm saying it again, Vic caused butthurt even back in the day because he's an outspoken Christian, knowing the way things were in the 2000s and the way guys like Justin and Zac were/are I'm sure that pissed them off greatly to have him "infiltrate" the fandom and use it as a place to "proselytize"
Who has he proselytized that didn't want it? As I understand it, he does have prayer sessions and do a bit of preaching, but only at separate events specifically for that purpose. He doesn't use the fans as some captive audience and then just start thumping a Bible. The only people there are there specifically because they want to participate. If it's not your bag, well, just don't go, assholes. It's like these freaks can't even tolerate that people are religious, ever, even if they keep it to themselves and others who are interested in such things.

Vic's way of doing this seems about as considerate as any publicly religious person could be, making it available for those who want it but not forcing it on people who just want to do anime shit or get a signature.

I Love Beef

OH YEAHHUH, SNAP INTO A SLIM JIM
kiwifarms.net

Who has he proselytized that didn't want it? As I understand it, he does have prayer sessions and do a bit of preaching, but only at separate events specifically for that purpose. He doesn't use the fans as some captive audience and then just start thumping a Bible. The only people there are there specifically because they want to participate. If it's not your bag, well, just don't go, assholes. It's like these freaks can't even tolerate that people are religious, ever, even if they keep it to themselves and others who are interested in such things.

Vic's way of doing this seems about as considerate as any publicly religious person could be, making it available for those who want it but not forcing it on people who just want to do anime shit or get a signature.
Despite all of my bashing of zealots and dogmatic assholes, I haven't ever had a problem with those who were ever wanting to embrace spirituality and faith in religion. People like Justin and Zac have also shown to be way, way, way out of touch from the fandom since.... well the 2000s, because there are anime fans who are also religious and don't pay attention to the pedantic and shallow shit of whether or not something accurately depicts or follows their religious beliefs, and Christianity is a big leader in this consensus in terms of the stats out West. It may be majorly Catholic and Eastern Orthodox depicted, and despite video games being the other side of this coin as the shadow of denouncing religious materialism and fatalism regarding Japanese borne entertainment, but anime does show that even as something as what everyone else in the world treats as everyday, is as unique and special deep down, and there is something to love and take from that, Christianity being no different and with no exception.

I don't see a Christian anime takeover anytime soon. Last time I saw a shitty Christian manga, it was outright trashed, because not even fans of the same faith wanted anything to do with that shit. Any depiction of Christianity in anime and manga I've seen positively shown both sides of the coin of its faithful and pious to its abusers and zealots. Also, regarding Vic, wasn't there that video of him denouncing the Westboro Baptist Church picketing Anime Expo?

Justin and Zac leave me a bitter and sour taste in my mouth because they trashed Vic for the same shitty juvenile reasons that they never grew up out of: trying to score brownie points for some shit flock of the same feather to feel better about their wasteful entitled asses, and Atheism+ fedoralords at that. These two are the reason why Trey Parker and Matt Stone depicted Richard Dawkins fucking Ms. Garrison doggy style live on TV.

AnOminous

μολὼν λαβέ
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Also, regarding Vic, wasn't there that video of him denouncing the Westboro Baptist Church picketing Anime Expo?
So far as I can tell, the allegations of homophobia against Vic are from a batch of pedophile fujoshits. Whether or not he is a conservative Christian, he certainly hasn't uttered a single word indicative of homophobia, nor has he even shown signs of being uncomfortable in the presence of openly LGB people.

Dom Cruise

How is she when she doesn't surf?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

That's why I put "proselytize" in quotes, it's not that's what he was doing, it's that's what they thought he was doing or would do.

Mothra88

kiwifarms.net
I don't know if this is a fair comparison since I haven't followed all the drama in recent years regarding him and his streaming service/etc, but the reaction of some of these idiots to Vic reminds me of the reaction to Butch Hartman's (creator of Danny Phantom/etc.) Christianity. I'm pretty sure he's been repeatedly called a homophobe as well just because he didn't want to talk about same sex pairings that shippers made up of his own characters. Frankly, I don't care much about what annoying fans do on their own, but these people are extremely entitled and have monochromatic tunnel vision. It's not enough that Christian creators/talents simply don't want to talk about this stuff, they want complete affirmation and support from them even if it conflicts with their own religion.

Others see Christians as the the natural enemy to LGBT and their atheist beliefs, whether that is true or not, and numbskulls like Justin Sevakis and Zac fall into that camp. I'm pretty sure this only applies to Christians though, since they don't seem to give a rat's ass about any other religion which has the same views (which is pretty much all of them), which is probably partly tied to their autistic need to rebel against their own upbringings as well as the usual woke double standards.

AnOminous

μολὼν λαβέ
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I'm pretty sure he's been repeatedly called a homophobe as well just because he didn't want to talk about same sex pairings that shippers made up of his own characters.
Shippers are absolute garbage regardless of the orientation of the ships. They're just shitty, trash people who should commit suicide.

I Love Beef

OH YEAHHUH, SNAP INTO A SLIM JIM
kiwifarms.net
Knowing ANN and KickVic, they’d put Muslims as honorary figures who would model the religion of Islam as canon for why anime needs to be more Islamic in the future
Muslims literally throw the gays from rooftops, but Christians Bad.
Considering that Saudi Arabia's getting into anime production and how even Al Quaida didn't even attack Japanese aid trucks that had Captain Tsubasa on them, if America's push to make anime more "inclusive" will happen, there's probably going to be a third Gulf War, lol. Then and there, I don't think they'll let go of destroying "the great devil America" by that point. All because of the anime. Fuck.

Shippers are absolute garbage regardless of the orientation of the ships. They're just shitty, trash people who should commit suicide.
Especially die hard canon advocates. I could care less if they just kept it on their hard drives and closets, the fact that they acted out of spite off of it is why this ire and shit is happening in the first place.

xyz741

kiwifarms.net
Muslims literally throw the gays from rooftops, but Christians Bad.
Most of these people were probably bullied or lectured to by "Christian" people because they grew up in a majority Christian country and they don't care to process/understand that even if Christianity wasn't a thing these people would find some other reason/excuse to get on their case.

Anonymus Fluhre

No man fears what he has seen grow
kiwifarms.net
I don't know if this is a fair comparison since I haven't followed all the drama in recent years regarding him and his streaming service/etc, but the reaction of some of these idiots to Vic reminds me of the reaction to Butch Hartman's (creator of Danny Phantom/etc.) Christianity. I'm pretty sure he's been repeatedly called a homophobe as well just because he didn't want to talk about same sex pairings that shippers made up of his own characters. Frankly, I don't care much about what annoying fans do on their own, but these people are extremely entitled and have monochromatic tunnel vision. It's not enough that Christian creators/talents simply don't want to talk about this stuff, they want complete affirmation and support from them even if it conflicts with their own religion.

Others see Christians as the the natural enemy to LGBT and their atheist beliefs, whether that is true or not, and numbskulls like Justin Sevakis and Zac fall into that camp. I'm pretty sure this only applies to Christians though, since they don't seem to give a rat's ass about any other religion which has the same views (which is pretty much all of them), which is probably partly tied to their autistic need to rebel against their own upbringings as well as the usual woke double standards.
Only the Abraham religions have been against LGB, Hinduism hasn't been. Though same sex practices were seen more as a ritual than anything else.