Anime News Network (ANN), Christopher Macdonald & Co. - "Unbiased" Reporting on All Things Anime Related By Snobbish Quebec-Based Web Company

• DDoS is active again.

TheClappening

TwoHandsSlapping
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
She always came off as more Westernized than your typical Japanese, and having a gender-neutral first name don't think helps matters.
She's fluent in English, isn't she? At least I know some of her bigger songs, like Hikari and Passion, had their own English versions, Simple and Clean and Sanctuary, respectively.

But in any case she came too close to the west and became genderfluid because of it.

Why couldn't' she have been named Hikari, amirite.

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I guess there might be some truth in the sense that younger Asian-Americans like to be more rebellious and only do things like this to mock the older Asians
Utada is a 38-year-old twice-divorcée and mother, though. Think she's realizing her influence is fading fast and needs to feel relevant again.

Pedro Sanchez

kiwifarms.net
She always came off as more Westernized than your typical Japanese, and having a gender-neutral first name don't think helps matters.

Utada basically like Naomi Osaka. An ethnically Japanese person who grew up in the west. In Hikaru's case, she was actually born here and currently resides in London. So yes, her upbringing and culture is basically very westernized. It's kind of funny in Osaka's case because every time she gets super political the Japanese news just kind of ignores it and sidesteps it.

LightDragonman1

kiwifarms.net
Btw, a few choice comments from the ANN users:

INTEREST  Kingdom Hearts, Evangelion Singer Hikaru Utada Comes Out as Non-Binary [5 6  - Forum...png

INTEREST  Kingdom Hearts, Evangelion Singer Hikaru Utada Comes Out as Non-Binary [3 6  - Forum...png

INTEREST  Kingdom Hearts, Evangelion Singer Hikaru Utada Comes Out as Non-Binary [2 6  - Forum...png

INTEREST  Kingdom Hearts, Evangelion Singer Hikaru Utada Comes Out as Non-Binary [2 6  - Forum...png

Pedro Sanchez

kiwifarms.net
Apollo-kun just had to have an anime tranny avatar. Yet"kun" is a male honorific. So much for revoking your masculinity.
View attachment 2298684

AFAIK Hibari is always referred to as a guy by the author, so it's really more that person co-opted a crossdresser as a trans character which is pretty common with trap characters. I mean, the title of the series uses the -kun suffix for a reason.

Pedro Sanchez

kiwifarms.net
Excuse the double post, but the new ANN merch is perfect for every edgy 14 year old high school anime club goer.

cut.jpg
https://archive.md/MVX7z

Considering ANN is always concerned with how otaku give the normie anime fans a bad name, it's a bit ironic they're selling stuff that makes anime fans look like psychopath edgelords. Same energy as that one Ctrl+Alt+Del comic

buckley.jpg

Although to their credit, it'll probably sell more than the old merch they offered.

Excuse the double post, but the new ANN merch is perfect for every edgy 14 year old high school anime club goer.

View attachment 2312923

Considering ANN is always concerned with how otaku give the normie anime fans a bad name, it's a bit ironic they're selling stuff that makes anime fans look like psychopath edgelords. Same energy as that one Ctrl+Alt+Del comic

View attachment 2312925

Although to their credit, it'll probably sell more than the old merch they offered.
What year is it in ANN World?

Jagraveen

kiwifarms.net