Baseball Thread -

Goyaanisqatsi

The Clown World Ends With You
kiwifarms.net
Tonight's game between the Padres and Nationals in Washington had to be called in the 6th inning (it will resume tomorrow) due to gunshots heard outside of the stadium. Four people were shot.

Here's some audio of the shot and video of some of players' family rushing to the dugout to go to the clubhouse.

Inner cities have become absolutely insane.

Don't be surprised to see a lot more new stadiums being built outside of city limits from this point forward. Braves kind of set the precedent but it also hasn't been free of madness since it's not too far from Atlanta still but in a better location than the absolute shit hole Turner Field was located in.

FaramirG

kiwifarms.net

Don't be surprised to see a lot more new stadiums being built outside of city limits from this point forward. Braves kind of set the precedent but it also hasn't been free of madness since it's not too far from Atlanta still but in a better location than the absolute shit hole Turner Field was located in.
DC actually used to be a lot worse, especially the part of the city where Nationals Park is. The immediate surrounding area has kind of been gentrified, to the point that random white suburbanites from Bethesda/Alexandria feel comfortable taking the metro to a station a couple blocks away and walking over after dark.

That would be Raaaacsiiiiiisttt tho

Local Fed

"Buddy, don't be a fuckin hero, buddy"
kiwifarms.net
The Rays are kicking off the trade deadline (which is next Friday) a bit early; they've acquired the ageless wonder Nelson Cruz from Minnesota. It's a four player trade: a AA relief prospect is heading south with Cruz, and two AAA starters are going north to Minnesota. One of them, Joe Ryan, was ranked as the 98th best prospect by Baseball America going into last year and his numbers look pretty encouraging this year for what it's worth. Looks like he probably could end up as a nice back end of the bullpen type of arm.

And the Cleveland Indians have announced that they've decided on a new nickname. They've not released it yet, but supposedly they'll be using it beginning next year.

Cliff Booth

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
And the Cleveland Indians have announced that they've decided on a new nickname. They've not released it yet, but supposedly they'll be using it beginning next year.

The big reveal is going to be... wait for it... Cleveland Baseball Team!

The AL East is fucking brutal this year. Nelly Cruz is too good to wallow in the Central, but I don't see this moving the needle by more than two wins. If Boston's starters keep their health, Tampa is still a wildcard team.

NotJewishWario

kiwifarms.net
What an awful logo.

Attachments

• 1627048771300.jpg
    1627048771300.jpg
    325.1 KB · Views: 9

JY's Tampon

kiwifarms.net
I would have preferred the Spiders but after learning about the bridge guardians in Cleveland it’s ok. It’s very Gothamesque those statues.
I think it would be cooler if they could have worked the statue into the logo.
EDIT: I just noticed the wings from the statute but hoping for the body or head.

Dick Pooman

Muchacho Sauce
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Full set of logos that the team released today. I'll say that the name is lame and boring, and the logos look like shit. I saw someone say that it looks like something you design in create-a-team in Madden and I found that to be pretty spot on.

Guardians1.jpgguardians2.jpg
guardians3.jpgguardians4.jpg

Goyaanisqatsi

The Clown World Ends With You
kiwifarms.net
I like the C and Cleveland script, although it reminds me a little too much of their old Arena Football team, the Gladiators.

Shitty name regardless of the reason behind it but who am I to say anything, I'm totally fine with the Braves changing to the Hammers if they're next.

wolfpac92

User Warned: Drive-by Trolling
kiwifarms.net