Baseball Thread -

FaramirG

kiwifarms.net
It's wild that it took this long for the Yankees front office to notice that they have a little league right field and maybe they should sign some power-hitting lefties to take advantage of that. This team will still be lucky to make the playoffs as it stands right now, but it's a step in the right direction.

Here Comes Mongo

Only pawn, in game of life
kiwifarms.net
As a fan of the White Sox (yes, we exist), it was nice to see my team actually make moves for the present as opposed to the future.

The offense is still sputtering a bit, and Eloy coming back for 3 games and then getting injured again makes me think that he's going to be made of glass for the rest of his career. But now, hopefully when Eloy and Robert come back, the bullpen will be locked and loaded for the playoff run. I mean, Kopech, Kimbrel, and Hendriks from the 7-9th innings....that's almost unfair.

Preferred Penne

Easy to eat
kiwifarms.net
So apparently the Colorado Rockies are accusing some fan of shouting "NIGGER" at Lewis Brinson during yesterday's game.

It's debatable whether he's shouting "NIGGER" or "DINGER", the name of the Rockies' mascot.

Here Comes Mongo

kiwifarms.net
So apparently the Colorado Rockies are accusing some fan of shouting "NIGGER" at Lewis Brinson during yesterday's game.

It's debatable whether he's shouting "NIGGER" or "DINGER", the name of the Rockies' mascot.
After watching it, he's pretty clearly yelling "Dinger". The mascot is near the area where the fan is and the fan was turned in that direction when he was yelling.

So either the fan gets banned for life or the mascot's name gets changed. Maybe both because REEE MUH FEELS culture.

Cliff Booth

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
After watching it, he's pretty clearly yelling "Dinger". The mascot is near the area where the fan is and the fan was turned in that direction when he was yelling.

So either the fan gets banned for life or the mascot's name gets changed. Maybe both because REEE MUH FEELS culture.
Yeah they should change the mascot's name to Dingga so it's not as offensive.

Edit: This reminds me of that audio illusion thing with laurel and yanny a few years ago. I've watched the clip a bunch and I seriously can't hear anything but "NIGGER!" Based on the lack of any reaction from the people around him and him not getting immediately kicked out, I know he didn't actually say it, but I just can't hear anything else.

Last edited:

kidatari

Super Pimp
kiwifarms.net
from /pol

1628562992107.jpg

Goyaanisqatsi

The Clown World Ends With You
kiwifarms.net
Does anyone else give a shit about the Little League World Series? I fucking love that goddamn tournament and have only missed two years since 1997. Just feels like the purest form of the sport these days outside of kids lying about their age and all.

Unfortunately due to COVID, it's U.S. only this year but outside of missing the masters of fundamentals Japan, I'm still pretty stoked for it.

Local Fed

"Buddy, don't be a fuckin hero, buddy"
kiwifarms.net
I was going to mention earlier but the site was down due to trannies:

Chris Davis finally announced his retirement today, finally letting O's fans breathe a sigh of relief that they'll never have to watch him strikeout again. He's still owned $23 million for next season as it was the last year of the contract he's on, but it appears it'll be paid out in installments over a number of years.

Today is the 'Field of Dreams' game between the Yankees and White Sox. It's been pretty neat with a couple of homers into the corn. The whole scene looked really good as the sun was setting. The players (after Kevin Costner) emerged from the corn before the game which was neat/cheesy. It's 7-4 for Chicago heading into the 8th right now.

albert macdonald chan

Novice computer programmer and Norm Macdonald fan
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Even with (slight) COVID restrictions and the Mets barely hanging on with a winning record in their division, the “Field of Dreams” night with the Yanks and White Sox seemed like a nice touch.

Looking at it on TV today made me think I was watching a real baseball game for once, and actively ignoring all of the outside things like current events and politics.

Local Fed

"Buddy, don't be a fuckin hero, buddy"
kiwifarms.net
Wow, that was a pretty crazy ending for the Yanks/White Sox 'Field of Dreams' game.

7-4 to start the 9th and Chicago brings in Liam Hendriks to close it. First pitch in facing the #9 hitter Tyler Wade goes for a single to the outfield. He then strikes out DJ LeMahieu and Brett Gardner. With two outs Aaron Judge crushes a two-run bomb to right-centre to make it 7-6. Joey Gallo draws a walk, and Giancarlo Stanton follows it up with a two-run homer to left to take an 8-7 lead. In the bottom half Zack Britton gets the first batter out, walks the catcher, and then gives up a two-run walk off homer to right off the bat of Tim Anderson to end the game.

Here Comes Mongo

kiwifarms.net
Wow, that was a pretty crazy ending for the Yanks/White Sox 'Field of Dreams' game.

7-4 to start the 9th and Chicago brings in Liam Hendriks to close it. First pitch in facing the #9 hitter Tyler Wade goes for a single to the outfield. He then strikes out DJ LeMahieu and Brett Gardner. With two outs Aaron Judge crushes a two-run bomb to right-centre to make it 7-6. Joey Gallo draws a walk, and Giancarlo Stanton follows it up with a two-run homer to left to take an 8-7 lead. In the bottom half Zack Britton gets the first batter out, walks the catcher, and then gives up a two-run walk off homer to right off the bat of Tim Anderson to end the game.
I went from "motherfucking" the screen in the top of the 9th to screaming my lungs out after Timmy launched that ball into the corn.

How can you not be romantic about baseball?

HARDCORE SYNDROME

(゜Д゜)
kiwifarms.net
Does anyone else give a shit about the Little League World Series? I fucking love that goddamn tournament and have only missed two years since 1997. Just feels like the purest form of the sport these days outside of kids lying about their age and all.

Unfortunately due to COVID, it's U.S. only this year but outside of missing the masters of fundamentals Japan, I'm still pretty stoked for it.

If Hawaii makes it far enough I watch their games. Partially because of state pride, partially because I think their teams usually have the fundamentals down better than any other US team and because of that they usually crush all the US team and/or make very deep runs in the tournament if they're on their game. I don't think this years team is on par with the 2018 championship team (neither was the 2019 team) but its only the regionals so far.

Also because it's US only, two teams from each region qualify instead of one so if you make to the championship game you're already in, you just get placed in separate brackets depending on winner/loser (so no real need to watch that if you're just a casual). And some teams got kicked out of their regionals altogether for having positive COVID tests (though a few like Hawaii were able to stay...have no clue what the criteria was) so some got an easier schedule. It'll be interesting how they'll handle uniforms and all that in Williamsport since they usually wear ones representing their region, not state LL.

Yeah, there's the shitty ump strike zones which I'm ehhhh about and the chaos ball, but I think the chaos ball makes it more exciting.

EDIT - Other random thoughts:

Saw on the ESPN ticker that a pitcher from South Dakota or something almost had like 2 perfect games or something. Insane.

Super annoying any time ESPN has to overhype up a girl player on a team even if she's no Mo'ne Davis. The "girl power" shtick gets tiring very quickly.

Last edited:

Bassomatic

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

That was a hell of a game. Sad Yankees didn't win but that ending can't be too bad.

Ngl when they walked on field to start looked at Mrs IM NOT CRYING YOURE CRYING! that was really something special.

Cliff Booth

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I was going to mention earlier but the site was down due to trannies:

Chris Davis finally announced his retirement today, finally letting O's fans breathe a sigh of relief that they'll never have to watch him strikeout again. He's still owned $23 million for next season as it was the last year of the contract he's on, but it appears it'll be paid out in installments over a number of years.

Today is the 'Field of Dreams' game between the Yankees and White Sox. It's been pretty neat with a couple of homers into the corn. The whole scene looked really good as the sun was setting. The players (after Kevin Costner) emerged from the corn before the game which was neat/cheesy. It's 7-4 for Chicago heading into the 8th right now.
Lol the O's are going full Bobby Bonilla and they're going to be paying Davis into the mid 2030s. At least the Wilpons had a Madoff scheme to fall back on as an excuse.

Tyler Gilbert (literally who) just finished up a no-no against the Padres, making it 8 for the year league-wide, a new MLB record. This was Gilbert's first MLB start.