Bitcoin hits new record of $50,000 -

Forever Sunrise

Avatar? I don't need no stinkin' avatar.
kiwifarms.net
inb4 some people STILL don't cash out after buying in at 5k or under because they don't want to be left behind if it goes even higher before inevitably powerslamming into the ground at mach 9.6

HeirenPlaya

Bareback Creampie Lifestyle
kiwifarms.net
I think that it would be a good idea to cash out around 60K. Even if it goes up farther, it's likely going to go down to 30K or below...

mindlessobserver

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I am calling shenanigans. This is not normal growth and is 100% a bubble. If it is natural growth then a massive amount of USD has been turned into BTC, in which case the ban hammer is waiting in the wings.

I've only been involved in the crypto market since january so take that for what you will. I rather like Ethereum and BAT long term. I have never liked Bitcoin. So take that bias for what it is too. That said something too good to be true is absolutely too good to be true. BTC is overvalued by alot. If I had money in it (I do not) I would be heading for the exit now.

HeirenPlaya

kiwifarms.net
Compared to other coins, BTC's technology is inefficient, but that doesn't mean that it is a shite coin.

I do agree that it is far overbought at this time, and it is looking like a bubble. Price targets set at $64K to take profits, personally. I could be totally wrong but will press the button, to hell with FOMO.

Always have a sound target when investing so as not to get too caught up in emotion.

tulskij_tochnyj

I identify as a rifle
kiwifarms.net
I am calling shenanigans. This is not normal growth and is 100% a bubble. If it is natural growth then a massive amount of USD has been turned into BTC, in which case the ban hammer is waiting in the wings.
Feb 15 was another deadline for Tether to submit their internal documentation (how USDT is issued/backed etc.) to the NY AG. There is no way USDT is fully backed and this will be revealed to general public as investigation proceeds. When it happens, Tether is done for. I get a feeling that this BTC pump is the final money grab by Tether/Bitfinex before they run with their clients USD/crypto. Just like Mt.Gox, just like ICOs in 2017. Someone should make a compilation of "#HAVEFUNSTAYINGPOOR" comments from BTC lemmings, add suicide hotline numbers at the bottom and shove this picture in their faces once the BIG DOOMPA begins.

HeirenPlaya

kiwifarms.net
Any thoughts on alternative stablecoins, or do you think that they are boned too once the USDT flames rise?

tulskij_tochnyj

I identify as a rifle
kiwifarms.net
Any thoughts on alternative stablecoins, or do you think that they are boned too once the USDT flames rise?
In theory, stablecoins issued by US Law-compliant exchanges should be more stable, but I'm not an expert in this. I've only been following Tether's story because shit's hilarious.

Cool Dog

A goodboi denied his Wendy's
kiwifarms.net
Lmao my crypto ETF is da bomb right now.

Pls people pump it more. I wanna cash out soon.
Cash out now, I know people who got into the last ATH at 17k, didnt cash out at 19k and got fucked for years

Some even moved to bubbly shitcoins so they probably missed this ATH

I've only been involved in the crypto market since january so take that for what you will. I rather like Ethereum and BAT long term. I have never liked Bitcoin. So take that bias for what it is too. That said something too good to be true is absolutely too good to be true. BTC is overvalued by alot. If I had money in it (I do not) I would be heading for the exit now.
Its 100% bubble, theres no actual demand for BTC as a coin, its like a speculative security now
Compared to other coins, BTC's technology is inefficient, but that doesn't mean that it is a shite coin.
Nobody saying its a shitcoin but it is obsolete, there's no denying it

If you want to do anonymous transactions and not pay fees out your ass to banks there are better, faster, cheaper and more stable coins out there

Like tell me a reason not to take payments in DAI, seriously I cant find a reason against it

Wish there was a stablecoin fork of monero tho, you know with that level of privacy
Feb 15 was another deadline for Tether to submit their internal documentation (how USDT is issued/backed etc.) to the NY AG. There is no way USDT is fully backed and this will be revealed to general public as investigation proceeds. When it happens, Tether is done for. I get a feeling that this BTC pump is the final money grab by Tether/Bitfinex before they run with their clients USD/crypto. Just like Mt.Gox, just like ICOs in 2017. Someone should make a compilation of "#HAVEFUNSTAYINGPOOR" comments from BTC lemmings, add suicide hotline numbers at the bottom and shove this picture in their faces once the BIG DOOMPA begins.
I literally cant believe a shady fucking outfit like bitfinex is still in business after the 2016 hack where they basically took coins and FIAT from its users to cover the btc that got "stolen", and I say that because rumors were they faked it, after all they issued those worthless tokens instead and they bought back a ton for a pittance

Anyone who holds tether deserves whats coming

HOMO FOR LIFE

flaunting her autism like a title of nobility
kiwifarms.net
How high is this gonna go before it pops. Wtf. I feel like it can go up to $100k

mindlessobserver

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
How high is this gonna go before it pops. Wtf. I feel like it can go up to $100k

I would bet closer to 60k, any higher and regulators are going to start getting involved and I would bet big money quite a few of the BTC clearing houses have bodies in the back lawn. This reeks of a pump and dump securities fraud. If it's not then big movers are converting their cash into BTC at an alarming rate to hedge against the US Dollar. Not sure which is worse. Either way the SEC is sure to start nosing into peoples business.

Oughtism

see ye in the mornin' pal
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I would bet closer to 60k, any higher and regulators are going to start getting involved and I would bet big money quite a few of the BTC clearing houses have bodies in the back lawn. This reeks of a pump and dump securities fraud. If it's not then big movers are converting their cash into BTC at an alarming rate to hedge against the US Dollar. Not sure which is worse. Either way the SEC is sure to start nosing into peoples business.
Why is 60k the point that will get regulators involved? Why wasn't it 40 or 50? I just think it is difficult to predict these kind of things, just as it is hard to predict the overall movement of the crypto market.

Do I think BTC is inflated? Yes, definitely. But even that is speculation. The fact that BTC has had a couple high-profile injections of cash recently is definitely a sign that some people with money are hedging against the USD. Would they do that if they think a clamp down is imminent? Not sure.

Regardless, I hope that all farmers don't put all of their (kiwi) eggs in one basket and that we all make it through unscathed.

HOMO FOR LIFE

kiwifarms.net
Why is 60k the point that will get regulators involved? Why wasn't it 40 or 50? I just think it is difficult to predict these kind of things, just as it is hard to predict the overall movement of the crypto market.

Do I think BTC is inflated? Yes, definitely. But even that is speculation. The fact that BTC has had a couple high-profile injections of cash recently is definitely a sign that some people with money are hedging against the USD. Would they do that if they think a clamp down is imminent? Not sure.

Regardless, I hope that all farmers don't put all of their (kiwi) eggs in one basket and that we all make it through unscathed.
I don't understand why people say this is a bubble. BTC has no intrinsic value. Therefore, it could be a million dollars tomorrow and it will still not be a bubble. There is no floor where we can measure it's median value.

There is no way to measure the value of this object except supply and demand.

We know that there is actually an infinite supply of currency right now because the governments of the world made it so. BTC could go up indefinitely without end.

Erika Furudo

Me an intellectual 🎶
kiwifarms.net
Shit like this makes me regret not getting into BTC before all the KYC got introduced and put me off coin exchanges, because you absolutely can make money off this. But to me this looks like a modern version of Tulip mania.

The main reason I never saw the appeal of crypto was that it had no backing other than trust and some barter stuff. Now it still isn't a currency, it's a stock people invest in, not realising it only has worth if you can sell it to other people. Atleast with shit like gold, it's a physical thing that has some actual value even if it's just for computer parts or wedding rings, I get the feeling the crash will hit people hard. I think monero will do fine, ETH will do fine, maybe a few others with actual functions, but I think if it crashes BTC won't get back up.

HOMO FOR LIFE

kiwifarms.net
Shit like this makes me regret not getting into BTC before all the KYC got introduced and put me off coin exchanges, because you absolutely can make money off this. But to me this looks like a modern version of Tulip mania.

The main reason I never saw the appeal of crypto was that it had no backing other than trust and some barter stuff. Now it still isn't a currency, it's a stock people invest in, not realising it only has worth if you can sell it to other people. Atleast with shit like gold, it's a physical thing that has some actual value even if it's just for computer parts or wedding rings, I get the feeling the crash will hit people hard. I think monero will do fine, ETH will do fine, maybe a few others with actual functions, but I think if it crashes BTC won't get back up.
I hope BTC crashes so I can finally invest in some legit crypto with fantastic utility. Bitcoin doesn't have any lol.

You know all crypto will collapse along with BTC but some better than others. I am waiting for that shit. That will be another opportunity for smart investors waiting the next thing.

Erika Furudo

Me an intellectual 🎶
kiwifarms.net
I hope BTC crashes so I can finally invest in some legit crypto with fantastic utility. Bitcoin doesn't have any lol.

You know all crypto will collapse along with BTC but some better than others. I am waiting for that shit. That will be another opportunity for smart investors waiting the next thing.
The issue is crypto is already being assimilated by banks. KYC removes anonymity and requires you to go through a central authority to access trade platforms. Unless you mine crypto, or provide a service in exchange for crypto you need to use fiat and hope your bank lets you do it. If you are then authorised to use platforms like CB, and the bank is letting you purchase crypto, you can still get your account closed like people who tried to send money from theri CB wallet to KF.
For a supposedly decentralized idea, it seems there is a high level of dependence on powerful groups where you just hope they wont fuck you. Unless you want to buy hardware and hope that your coins are worth more than the cost of mining, but even if that were the case you can't go to the store and buy food with any of this. Hell lets say you could, lets say that more places just allow crypto. Who the fuck would accept it after this bubble bursts? Stability is kind of a big deal for trade, and the only stable stuff is bound to fiat and unusable, and fiat is only stable because it's everywhere and backed by the government.

But as a short term investment, crypto seems pretty good. Or it was anyway.

HOMO FOR LIFE

kiwifarms.net
The issue is crypto is already being assimilated by banks. KYC removes anonymity and requires you to go through a central authority to access trade platforms. Unless you mine crypto, or provide a service in exchange for crypto you need to use fiat and hope your bank lets you do it. If you are then authorised to use platforms like CB, and the bank is letting you purchase crypto, you can still get your account closed like people who tried to send money from theri CB wallet to KF.
For a supposedly decentralized idea, it seems there is a high level of dependence on powerful groups where you just hope they wont fuck you. Unless you want to buy hardware and hope that your coins are worth more than the cost of mining, but even if that were the case you can't go to the store and buy food with any of this. Hell lets say you could, lets say that more places just allow crypto. Who the fuck would accept it after this bubble bursts? Stability is kind of a big deal for trade, and the only stable stuff is bound to fiat and unusable, and fiat is only stable because it's everywhere and backed by the government.

But as a short term investment, crypto seems pretty good. Or it was anyway.
I think there is a case for an idea of digital gold.

In a world where government call print as much as they can, people would want something that "backs it". I think we are done with the idea that government would store gold to build confidence and balance in their currency system. Fuck government "audit".

With crypto, you can at least decentralize that process to each individual ownership.

mindlessobserver

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Which is a fair point. The trillion dollar valuation and corporations adding it to their balance sheet probably already has the regulators looking under rocks.