Disaster Blind woman told to get off bus ‘because guide dogs can’t be black’ -

Aristophanes

Writing plays for Lolcows since 446 BC
kiwifarms.net
From the Metro.

A blind woman was told to ‘get her f*****g dog off a bus’ by a passenger who didn’t believe guide dogs could be any other colour than ‘yellow’.

Megan Taylor, 22, was on the bus with her guide dog Rowley when the unnamed woman approached her and said: ‘Why is there a f*****g dog on the bus? Get it off.’ But when Megan tried to ‘politely’ explain Rowley was an assistance dog, she claims the woman called her a liar because ‘guide dogs are yellow Labradors and your dog is black’.

Megan, from Merseyside said: ‘I tried to explain to her that guide and assistance dogs can been any colour and don’t have to be Labradors, although Rowley is. She told me I was wrong.'

‘I decided at this point there was nothing I could say to educate this woman and that it wasn’t worth my time.'

‘I instead chose to ignore her while she continued to talk nonsense.’
Megan has suffered from episodic blindness since she suffered a head injury at 15, which also caused a number of other medical problems including hearing loss, impaired balance, frequent fainting attacks and vertigo. She said the incident on Monday was not the first time she has been abused on public transport and it has left her ‘anxious’ to go on the bus again. She told the Liverpool Echo: ‘I don’t think I’ve ever had a stress free trip on public transport, that’s why I’m so nervous when using it now.

‘On other occasions I have been spat at, stepped over, pushed out of the way and accused of being “another drunk youth” when losing consciousness due to my heart condition and neurological disorder.’ Rowley helps Megan with many daily tasks including retrieving dropped items, emptying the washing machine and getting undressed. But more importantly, Rowley can keep Megan calm and can even phone for help if she loses consciousness. Megan added: ‘I try to stay positive and not let incidents such as what happened get me down because I am not ashamed of my disability.

‘Despite having so many negative experiences, I know that these people are the minority. Most people are good and kind.’

d12

I'm not black, I just play one on TV
kiwifarms.net
I guess someone couldn't see that they were mistaken, how could they be so blind to her predicament?

For real though, what kind of autist hassles a handicap for their service animal? I understand if you think that they're abusing laws like those 'emotional support' wusses but the lady is literally blind with the Ray Charles glasses and everthing.

Splendid Meat Sticks

Castigat ridendo mores
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Most people are not good and kind. Most people are too afraid to voice the insane shit in their headsa. Black dog hating woman is at least open about who and what she is.

I had a seizure in a restaurant once. I came to outside because the manager didn't cotton to filthy drunks, being a tuff guy and all.
How the fuck did he jump to that conclusion?

Also, fuck this moron, I'm gonna call her racist dog lady.

neverendingmidi

it just goes on and on and on and on...
kiwifarms.net
I’m guessing yellow labs are used on TV and such because they are easier to film. A completely black dog is hard to film the expressions of because the black nose, dark eyes and black fur all blur together. I’m guessing that why rotties and dobes are popular because the brown on their faces makes them more photogenic. A lighter yellow lab has obviously visible eyes/nose/etc. so it’s easier.

Before digital cameras I could never get a good picture of my family’s black dog or cat because it just kind of blurred out any definition. I mean if you were just using a cheap kodak or polaroid, I suppose if you had extremely fancy set ups with lenses and control of the aperture and such you could get good pictures.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino