Blood Donation - And why you faggots should do it

lurk_moar

Certified Lab Tech and Fatphobe
kiwifarms.net
Rural hospital lab tech here. Most of your blood goes to chemo patients and old people and very rarely people in accidents.

We give out mostly A pos and O pos, but very rarely any negative blood types.

My thoughts as a Medical Laboratory Science student is that I fucking do not want strangers' blood to make alloantibodies to. There are about 30 different blood groups and 300 different blood group antigens out there. If you lack the antigen, you make the antibody from either exposure (transfusion) or pregnancy. Anti-A and anti-B are naturally occurring antibodies due to bacterial antigen cross-reaction. It is very difficult to crossmatch somebody with an expected antibody. Their blood specimen gets shipped out to a reference lab for crossmatching, and this process can take days.

If I were severely anemic or had a hemoglobin of less than 7 mg/dl, just give me iron pills or an iron infussion and let my bone marrow do the work. I think Jehovah's witnesses are right about blood transfusions. I would only accept a blood transfusion if I were in a nasty accident and could not consent for myself. Hell, if I got cancer, I would still refuse treatment and chemo. I would still refuse blood transfusions if I had aplastic anemia or bone marrow failure.

Jesus H Christ

Your Favorite Blunt Smoking Saviour!
kiwifarms.net
I would donate, but can't, because my blood is actually slightly retarded, and could be a problem for someone in the wrong situation (I express a thrombophilic phenotype).

Emo Supremo

down the road, not across the street
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
protip: make sure to drink plenty of water and eat something before you donate or else it's probably going to be a whole fucking thing for your phlebotomist to find a good spot. and believe me, you do not want to sit there while they play pin-the-tail-on-the-median-vein for five minutes.

Gravityqueen4life

kiwifarms.net
remind me why you dont get paid in cash for giving blood? when i was asked if i wanted to give blood, they would give me a juice box and a cookie afterwards.

Least Concern

Pretend I have a Yang avatar like everyone else
kiwifarms.net
remind me why you dont get paid in cash for giving blood? when i was asked if i wanted to give blood, they would give me a juice box and a cookie afterwards.
I presume because there are enough suckers like me who donate out of the kindness of their hearts that they don't really have to pay anyone for it.

Also, you get cookies? My place never has cookies. :(

Emo Supremo

down the road, not across the street
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I presume because there are enough suckers like me who donate out of the kindness of their hearts that they don't really have to pay anyone for it.

Also, you get cookies? My place never has cookies. :(
oatmeal creme pie gang stay winning

KateHikes14

YWNBARW
kiwifarms.net
Is giving blood the ultimate cuckoldry?

I cannot think or comprehend of anything more cucked than donating blood. Honestly, think about it rationally. You are drinking, eating, caring and learning for yourself for at least 18 years solely you can go and give that to sustain another man. All the hard work you put into your beautiful little blood cells - grooming before bedtime, going to sports practice, making sure you have a healthy diet, educating yourself, abstaining from IV drug use. All of it has one simple result: your blood is more healthy for the men that will eventually fuck the next woman he sees in every hole.

Lived the perfect life? Great. Who benefits? If you're lucky, a random man who had nothing to do with the way you grew up. He gets to fuck tight pussy every night, penis erect thanks to blood you gave. He gets the benefits of healthy and vital blood that came from the way you cared for yourself.

As a one who donates blood you are LITERALLY dedicating at least 20 years of your life simply to grow healthy red blood cells for another man to use and enjoy. It is the ULTIMATE AND FINAL cuck. Think about it logically

Least Concern

Pretend I have a Yang avatar like everyone else
kiwifarms.net
image1.jpg

fair enough

KateHikes14

YWNBARW
kiwifarms.net
The Red Cross doesn't ask if you are a bug chasing sodomite who takes it up the ass anymore. What could go wrong?
Extremely shrewd maneuver by homosexuals. It won't be a gay (and iv drug user disease) anymore. Realistically it will just lead to more shortages and costlier blood as more batches get rejected for aids.

drtoboggan

Sonic Jew
kiwifarms.net
I can’t give blood. I’m on too many different meds for different conditions that prevent me from it. Besides, OP actually typed “thicc” so he’s a pretty big niggerfaggot for typing that.

MerriedxReldnahc

Gay Supervillains Against Elder Abuse
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If I could give blood I absolutely would, I tried once and was so dizzy within minutes of being poked that I thought I was going to toss my cookies. I had already eaten lunch, don't have a problem with needles, but my weight was just on the brink of being too low to donate apparently. (I say apparently because I've never been underweight, but I was told people slightly heavier than me were getting turned down)
Every single person I interacted with there was in some way really strange, the guy who took my information was really friendly until I made an offhand comment about having a piece of pie saved for afterwards. Suddenly he took on a tone of urgent panic asking me why I wasn't eating it right then. Which is honestly a good point, why should I not always have emergency pie on me and be eating pie all the time? The lady who took my email address needed to have it repeated and spelled out so many times that I gave up and let her put it in wrong. I think the phlebotomist had been working too long a shift and needed a break because he was exasperated with me before I even mentioned "hey is it normal to feel super dizzy and like you're going to up-chuck?" He kind of made me feel like shit for even trying to give blood, so I was put off by the whole experience.
BUT I wouldn't ever discourage anyone from trying to donate blood, just because I'm a weenie and attract weirdos doesn't mean you will.

Slap47

Hehe xd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I tried to sign up to be a blood donator and they asked for 12 emergency contacts and friends.

Nevermind then.