Board Discussion & Thread Suggestions -

DragoonSierra

kiwifarms.net
Here’s one that looks to be shaping up to be entertaining. Ana’s Abdin, the developer of an obscure video game called Tardigrades, Vs CBS, CBS AllAccess, Netflix etc, over a rather shocking amount of the core plot and elements of his game being wholesale lifted and used as the core elements of the insipid Star Trek Discovery show.
https://metro.co.uk/2018/08/30/star...-from-a-little-known-2014-video-game-7895600/

The fact that his game has the word tard in it should be a good indicator of where we are headed

RodgerDodger

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The fact that his game has the word tard in it should be a good indicator of where we are headed
The amusing thing with this is the Dev that’s suing CBS is pretty much the poster child for utterly sympathetic nice guy. Up to and including his days being taken up caring for his sick elderly parents. Whereas CBS itself looks like (okay, actually is based on what they “create”) an Autistic Hive Mind. What’s the old saying, “if you put an infinite number of chimps with typewriters in a room eventually you get War and Peace”. The CBS counterpoint is if you put an infinite number of Troons in a TV studio eventually you get Star Trek Discovery.

Mrtrollenski

kiwifarms.net
Long time lurker 1st time poster.

Seann Lyncaster v. Metro Vancouver Kink

File number: NEW-S-S-202460

New Westminster Law Courts
1st court date is June 10th 2019

Fetlife thread:

https://fetlife.com/groups/1781/group_posts/12920834

There used to be a lot more publicly posted before I'm sure both sides lawyers told them to stop it, but like a newb I didn't achieve anything.

Pretty much 2 rival parties, Mr. Lyncaster (sir Braven) and MVK (a board run organization, think of a home owners association but for kink) get into it over various consent violations being alleged by mystery people against Lyncaster. It's the whole gamut from rape, abuse, renegotiating mid scene (which is heavily frowned upon), and a minor being present at one of his parties.

He made a ridiculously long post which has sense been deleted unfortunately. While MVK's statement against him has also been deleted its contained in the notice of civil claim attached.

Lyncaster is suing for defamation which caused financial damage to him by effecting his parties. Also looking for damages under the Libel and slander act RSBC 1996, c. 263.

MVK also got him kicked out of Master and Slaves Together which is a massive national organization. They then took up leadership of the new MAsT chapter that was made.

He is asking for a 10 day trial. Of note is that he alleges MVK was publicly brain storming ways to shut down his party after receiving a cease and desist.

MVK has crowd funded 8,350 dollars as of this post.

It's either a large board run organization chasing a dude out to get his market share, which is known to happen. Or it's a scumbag pushing it to the end.

Either way it should be entertaining.

Edit: Response by MVK, and the Notice of Court Trial. It's a limit of 10 days not a minimum of 10 days as MVK has been stressing in its fundraiser. Suprise!

Edit 2: news article posted,

Edit 3: doing this from my phone I missed uploading the may 27th document (the anti slapp) and didnt notice until the defendant's (mvk) requested an extension today (doc 15, requisition). This is why newfags cant do effort posts right sry.

Attachments

Last edited:

soy_king

I am the Prom King, I seethe at everything
kiwifarms.net
Lior Leser is planning an FTC complaint against PayPal and Patreon. Absolutely the last e-lawyer expected to stick his dick out. He seems so straight laced and drama free. Should be interesting.

To be fair though, he's probably the most competent e-lawyer for the case. Rackets is a criminal defense attorney, and idk what Leonard French's practice is.

Also, Patreon can suck a bag of dicks, especially since they allegedly colluded on barring subscribe star

mindlessobserver

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
To be fair though, he's probably the most competent e-lawyer for the case. Rackets is a criminal defense attorney, and idk what Leonard French's practice is.

Also, Patreon can suck a bag of dicks, especially since they allegedly colluded on barring subscribe star
French is a copyright attorney by practice and a traffic court attorney to pay the bills.

• Informative
Reactions: Marvin and soy_king

AriGiga

kiwifarms.net
There's no notable lolcow material here, just a legal dispute between two groups who take a different perspective on the same deals, said perspectives resulting in the two groups both believing they own certain IP and trademarks.

Like Paul and Fred DMCAing the Steam and GOG releases of Star Control: Origins was a dick move, but nobody here is, as far as I know, a lolcow, nor is the lawsuit itself really funny.

• DRINK!
Reactions: Jaimas

Jaimas

Give 'Em the Crab Jab
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There's no notable lolcow material here, just a legal dispute between two groups who take a different perspective on the same deals, said perspectives resulting in the two groups both believing they own certain IP and trademarks.

Like Paul and Fred DMCAing the Steam and GOG releases of Star Control: Origins was a dick move, but nobody here is, as far as I know, a lolcow, nor is the lawsuit itself really funny.
This takes some more elaboration.

It's certainly not able to sustain a thread on its own yet, but hear me out on how (A) that may change soon, and (B) this is certainly an event at least keeping tabs on, lest it become a Lolcow Singularity Event.

Even the most contrarian Kiwi with legal expertise would reach the logical conclusion that possession is nine-tenths of the law, that Reiche III and Ford's suit has basically no grounds to stand on as a result, and the DMCAs the pair filed are dickery of the biggest and most egregious degree, designed to fuck over Stardock during its initial launch during the holiday season. That's especially true when you realize Wardell has evidence that both of them declined to purchase the IP when it was available and both had the fucking chance (and as the pair are the CEO and Lead for a fucking Activision affiliate, they certainly fucking had such an opportunity, when Wardell fucking offered to sell the IP to them at cost and they refused), and then went on to do this. The pair would have you believe Stardock was totally in the wrong, conveniently right after Stardock spent millions and about four years making a new Star Control game, despite being offered the sale of the fucking IP at cost. So there's every possibility that the pair can absolutely sustain their own thread, and I'll be looking into that later this week. Especially because they just stopped sales of a competitor's product while in active development of their own similar product, which, I am fairly certain, violates some fucking laws, but I've yet to consult @AnOminous.

But for now, we're focusing on pre-existing Lolcows.

See, one of the things interesting about this is that, curiously, a ton of cows covered on this website - mostly from Quinn's sphere of influence are all coming out of the woodwork to lend their support to the offensive against Wardell and pre-emptively declare him to automatically be wrong, rather akin to the Anti-CG crowd did against Richard Meyer in his suit against Mark Waid. While Arthur Chu and Jake Alley both emerge in the commentary I originally linked to, you'd better believe there's more of the same ideologues emerging from their holes right now:

* Blowey Zoe herself is subtweeting about it.
* Cran Boonitz shows up to declare Brad Wardell Satan, predictably.
* Adrienneleigh showed up, as did our old buddy Seb, though thus far, neither contributed anything especially spergy just yet, just popped up in the tagins of Arthur and friends.
* While not on Twitter, pretty much the entirety of ResetERA is going insane over this, as expected.

This blow-up has been going on for less than twelve hours now, so rest-assured, there's going to be more like these. This is to say nothing of the numerous orbiters that don't have threads yet that are sperging over the fact that Stardock HAS NO CHANCE TO SURVIVE MAKE ITS TIME and/or fapping themselves raw over the company suffering in some capacity because Brad Wardell is mean and bad. So right there it's worth covering.

What's curious about this - aside from some suggestions in Arthur's sperg-outs that many of these orbiters were also donors to the Reiche III and Ford Gofundme Defense Fund, is the fact that this offensive against Wardell is not anything new. It's something we've seen before, and not just in ways that call to mind Alex Mauer's DMCA abuses.

Quinn, in particular, bitched about Wardell getting the IP to Star Control back in the CON logs, and many of the clowns now emerging to spergfight with how Wardell's case is totally illegitimate you guys, by coincidence, happen to be in those same fucking logs as Quinn bitches about that. And while I don't think there's some greater conspiracy in play here, the simple fat of the matter is that these are the same crowd that gravedanced over TotalBiscuit and harassed Tim Soret (again, on Quinn's say-so), so you can virtually guarantee that these same clowns will be sperging up a storm over this, no matter the outcome.

It'll be a rich time for us, at least.

Snowflake Buster

Bustin' special snowflakes makes me feel good
kiwifarms.net
This takes some more elaboration.

It's certainly not able to sustain a thread on its own yet, but hear me out on how (A) that may change soon, and (B) this is certainly an event at least keeping tabs on, lest it become a Lolcow Singularity Event.

Even the most contrarian Kiwi with legal expertise would reach the logical conclusion that possession is nine-tenths of the law, that Reiche III and Ford's suit has basically no grounds to stand on as a result, and the DMCAs the pair filed are dickery of the biggest and most egregious degree, designed to fuck over Stardock during its initial launch during the holiday season. That's especially true when you realize Wardell has evidence that both of them declined to purchase the IP when it was available and both had the fucking chance (and as the pair are the CEO and Lead for a fucking Activision affiliate, they certainly fucking had such an opportunity, when Wardell fucking offered to sell the IP to them at cost and they refused), and then went on to do this. The pair would have you believe Stardock was totally in the wrong, conveniently right after Stardock spent millions and about four years making a new Star Control game, despite being offered the sale of the fucking IP at cost. So there's every possibility that the pair can absolutely sustain their own thread, and I'll be looking into that later this week. Especially because they just stopped sales of a competitor's product while in active development of their own similar product, which, I am fairly certain, violates some fucking laws, but I've yet to consult @AnOminous.

But for now, we're focusing on pre-existing Lolcows.

See, one of the things interesting about this is that, curiously, a ton of cows covered on this website - mostly from Quinn's sphere of influence are all coming out of the woodwork to lend their support to the offensive against Wardell and pre-emptively declare him to automatically be wrong, rather akin to the Anti-CG crowd did against Richard Meyer in his suit against Mark Waid. While Arthur Chu and Jake Alley both emerge in the commentary I originally linked to, you'd better believe there's more of the same ideologues emerging from their holes right now:

* Blowey Zoe herself is subtweeting about it.
* Cran Boonitz shows up to declare Brad Wardell Satan, predictably.
* Adrienneleigh showed up, as did our old buddy Seb, though thus far, neither contributed anything especially spergy just yet, just popped up in the tagins of Arthur and friends.
* While not on Twitter, pretty much the entirety of ResetERA is going insane over this, as expected.

This blow-up has been going on for less than twelve hours now, so rest-assured, there's going to be more like these. This is to say nothing of the numerous orbiters that don't have threads yet that are sperging over the fact that Stardock HAS NO CHANCE TO SURVIVE MAKE ITS TIME and/or fapping themselves raw over the company suffering in some capacity because Brad Wardell is mean and bad. So right there it's worth covering.

What's curious about this - aside from some suggestions in Arthur's sperg-outs that many of these orbiters were also donors to the Reiche III and Ford Gofundme Defense Fund, is the fact that this offensive against Wardell is not anything new. It's something we've seen before, and not just in ways that call to mind Alex Mauer's DMCA abuses.

Quinn, in particular, bitched about Wardell getting the IP to Star Control back in the CON logs, and many of the clowns now emerging to spergfight with how Wardell's case is totally illegitimate you guys, by coincidence, happen to be in those same fucking logs as Quinn bitches about that. And while I don't think there's some greater conspiracy in play here, the simple fat of the matter is that these are the same crowd that gravedanced over TotalBiscuit and harassed Tim Soret (again, on Quinn's say-so), so you can virtually guarantee that these same clowns will be sperging up a storm over this, no matter the outcome.

It'll be a rich time for us, at least.
Maybe it was Zoe Quinn all along that wanted to ruin Brad Wardell's career.

Jaimas

Give 'Em the Crab Jab
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Maybe it was Zoe Quinn all along that wanted to ruin Brad Wardell's career.
No joke, she is on record saying that in the logs, and complaining about his owning the Star Control IP in the same.

....But I don't think she's responsible for it. One difference between Quinn and other members of her group is that Quinn has experience with failed lolsuits, and furthermore, she looks out for number one first and foremost. While her gravedancing the situation is completely expected, I doubt her involvement amounts to more than schadenfreude.

RadicalCentrist

kiwifarms.net
Stardock is a shitty company and Wardell is a hack. Toys for Bobs makes far better games so I'm all for them in this situation. Also I doubt your retelling of the facts of the case.

• Informative
Reactions: Done

DragoonSierra

kiwifarms.net
The Reset Era thread has a brief glance at the lawsuit and the bits they mention seem to give the impression that the judge isnt ruling in favor of Wardel

I think its deinitely a lolsuit as it involves a person who has engaged with many lolcows and they all hate his guts. Maybe we should have a lawsuit reaction thread.

Tags
None