• Laugh, and the world laughs with you; weep, and you weep alone.

Careercow Bob "MovieBob" ChipmanObese Fascist Pop Culture Critic with a Mario Fetish Leading us to a Superior Future!

Discussion in 'Lolcows' started by neural, Nov 11, 2014.

Forum Guidelines

Lolcows are people and groups whose eccentric or foolish behavior can be "milked" for amusement and laughs. They are not countries, political figures, celebrities, your highschool bully, or some random YouTuber who doesn't involve himself in drama.

• Be civil.

Don't get angry over Lolcows. If you need to tell people you're better than someone, you're probably not.

• Hide your powerlevel.

Avoid revealing intimate, embarrassing details about yourself. This is not your blog and we are not an asylum.

• Don't backseat moderate.

You are not a moderator. You do not decide if a thread is to remain open or not. You do not decide if someone is a lolcow or not.

• Don't white knight.

Don't turn threads into an intervention. If you want to help, contact them privately. True lolcows reject advice.

• Do not create topics about forum members.

If you believe someone discovered by their account on the forum deserves a thread, ask staff first.

• No trolling plans.

We are not an autistic Illuminati. If you embarrass yourself or the forum trying to troll, we will ridicule you.

• Topic titles should contain aliases.

Keep thread titles as brief as possible and use all their different usernames.

• Archive everything.

Use archival tools to preserve content forever. Upload directly to posts where applicable.

?

What would happen if MovieBob met Andrew Dobson in an unidenified basement apartment??

Poll closed Jun 14, 2018.
  1. They'll fight because Bob keeps trying to use his Mario Amiibo on Splatoon 2

15 vote(s)
    7.3%
  2. They'll argue about the role of hot lesbians in Bob's Superior Future

24 vote(s)
    11.7%
  3. They'll commiserate & cry over the electoral loss of YAS QUEEN and the Evil DRUMPF

87 vote(s)
    42.2%
  4. Dobson will start drawing fanart of Bob in the Mario suit, won't finish it

12 vote(s)
    5.8%
  5. Dobson will steal Bob's phone to use his Twitter account, we won't notice a thing tho

19 vote(s)
    9.2%
  6. They'll have a feast of McNuggets, Bob's party starter!

25 vote(s)
    12.1%
  7. :islamic content: (Please specify in thread, with as graphic detail as humanly possible)

24 vote(s)
    11.7%
Article Available:
The Lolcow Wiki has an article on MovieBob
  1. It's almost like he sucks at it and was looking for an excuse to say it's shit.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Mola Ram

Mola Ram Self Righteous Ego Bastard Asshole

kiwifarms.is

2. Funny enough his suit was added to the game recently. If that doesn't convince him of actually playing the game. Then it only strengthens the known fact of him being a Raimi fan rather than a Spidey one.

kiwifarms.is
  3. I feel like the ubi-tower thing is just a meme to him, since it's really only something that would bug you if you play a lot of new releases, which I doubt Bob does. This bitching is probably him just trying to prove his gamer cred to the kids.

Plus it let's him remind everyone that new games aren't as good as SMB3.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    kiwifarms.is
  4. The Ubisoft Towers thing can be a legitimate criticism towards quite a few open world games released in the last 5-10 years, but as always, Bob is late to the party.

The Ubisoft Towers thing is only a symptom of a bigger problem, and that's copy-pasting game mechanics between AAA games, I'd recommend watching this video about the subject matter:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    kiwifarms.is
  5. Has anyone who's played spider man know how long the ubitowers take to do? Because I'm guessing its not more than a few minutes of webslinging up a building. Bob has presumably put hours into this game and he drops it because of what, 15mins at most the game requires you to do?

I think he just doesnt like the game that much but rather than admitting "I bought a ps4 for this marvel shit that isnt fun" its easier to blame ubitowers.

• 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    kiwifarms.is
  6. 100%ed the game here.
    There's no climbing at all, you just web-swing to a tower and do a small mini-game that involves turning both analogue thumbsticks the right way. There's only about 6 of them.

The thing Bob is complaining about was really only annoying in Far Cry 4, and Ubisoft was so aware of it that they removed tower climbing from Far Cry 5.

Bob is simply exposing the fact that he's only played a very, very small number of games and only bases his knowledge on rumors, memes, and scatterings of second-hand annoyance.

It's a shame that Blob rage-quit after such a non-issue. The stealth sections where you play at Mary Jane or Miles Morales are, BY FAR, the WORST parts of Spider-Man PS4. (In my opinion S-M's stealth sections are at least just as big a blunder as FC4's radio towers)
    That's actually something WORTH complaining about, Bob, but I also wonder if he'd gloss over this problem because muh womenz/mexiblack character representashuns.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    A Big Bumbling Black Man

A Big Bumbling Black Man never forget your vest in the gangster kitchen

kiwifarms.is
  7. It isn't even hard to do. All you have to do is swing up the building, go near the tower, and do a two-second long minigame where you match your suit's frequency with that of the tower. If you expressly set out to unlock all bits of the map at once, it'd take 30 minutes at the absolute longest if you're shit at finding the towers. I genuinely don't understand why that is the ultimate dealbreaker for Blob.

• Agree Agree x 2
    madethistocomment

madethistocomment welcome to god's mosh pit

kiwifarms.is
  8. Breath of the Wild has easily double or more the number of "towers" Spider Man has and those can actually be fun-some are guarded by monsters allowing you to feel like a badass by dodging or killing them, some require you to manipulate the environment or follow specific paths to dodge hazards, and the stamina gauge makes the climb more strategic.

Basically what I'm saying is that Breath of the Wild does towers well, Spider Man also does it well by basically ignoring them, and in neither case are they just "Ubisoft Towers". While i would adore a game where the map is revealed just by going out and exploring or buying maps from a shop (maybe filling in details as you explore), if we're going to do towers you can do them well by either making them mini challenges to complete or having as few as possible.

• Agree Agree x 6
    AngeloTheWizard

AngeloTheWizard Bringer of amusing Let's Sperg threads

kiwifarms.is
  9. Takes no more than 20 minutes since they are quite easy to spot, and the mini-game is 2 to 3 seconds long. I can tell you from playing the game. You can actually do this while playing the story as a small diversion. I don't understand how can THIS be the thing that breaks Blob's patience.

• Agree Agree x 2
    kiwifarms.is
  10. I see we got rid of the "autistic" rating. I guess the joke is a little played out. Anyway, to reiterate: does anyone believe this is really why he's taken it into his thumbhead to hate this game? It's one of:

a) He sucks at it.

b) He's outgrown video games and can't stand to admit it, because without video games he's just a fifth-rate movie critic most people are totally unaware of.

c) He's just a contrary fuckwit.

• Autistic Autistic x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Mola Ram

kiwifarms.is
  11. He is such a fucking brainlet, good god. There's a lack of deep understanding of history and not being interested in fine details, there's a surface understanding of history and just general ignorance and then there's Moviebob.
    It's amazing how he manages to make the absolute most stupid takes in absolutely any field he tips his chubby, overencumered toes into.
    You're telling me a fat, basement-bound movie reviewer whose connection to the industry he reviews is on the level of an average movie enthusiast and whose biggest accomplishment done with written word is a book about how much he likes Mario can't learn a rather difficult language? Who would've thought.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    kiwifarms.is
  12. That book was a pile of ass.

• Mad on the Internet Mad on the Internet x 2
    Godzilla@1989

[email protected] Marlon Brando's eyes!

kiwifarms.is
  13. Is no one else going to point out that a guy who has all the free time in the world wants video games to be shorter?

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    kiwifarms.is
  14. HE ONLY HAS TIME WHEN HIS VIDEOS ARE RENDERING, SPORT.

• Winner Winner x 12
    Mola Ram

kiwifarms.is
  15. To be fair, I went on the escapist YouTube channel to see Yahtzee's yearly picks and that doughy nigga Bob uploads shitty content nonstop.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Feels Feels x 2
    kiwifarms.is
  16. Since we're on the topic of video game length, I wonder how Bob would react to having to take forever with the Dark Soul games.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    • Mad on the Internet Mad on the Internet x 1
    Godzilla@1989

[email protected] Marlon Brando's eyes!

kiwifarms.is
  17. Given how Bobs other opinions are often just whatever he thinks will trigger the "dudebros", I wouldn't be surprised if that's what he's doing here.

He would install all the Mario and Zelda mods, rush the main quest, and complain that Alduin wasn't as cool as Bowser.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    kiwifarms.is
  18. Like Bob is PC-savvy enough to figure out how to install mods.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    Mola Ram

kiwifarms.is
  19. I think you're thinking of a different game...

kiwifarms.is
  20. Bob once said he couldn't tell tbe difference between Skyrim and Dark Souls.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    PurpleDude

PurpleDude Pussburglar

kiwifarms.is
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.