Bondi hoarder sisters create courtroom shenanigans as they object to everything - House is literally 200 metres from Bondi Beach.

LegoTugboat

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

'You're obstructing me!' Bondi hoarders wreak havoc in court after refusing to pay fines for rubbish outside their $2million home that were issued FOUR YEARS ago

In scenes reminiscent of a TV courtroom drama, cries of 'objection' have rung out as two well-known Sydney hoarders accused of obstructing police fight their fines in court.
Taking issue with an officer who described their items as rubbish, and the magistrate overseeing the case, Elena and Liana Bobolas on Tuesday repeatedly voiced their disapproval in Downing Centre Local Court.

The sisters are challenging accusations they wilfully obstructed police assisting a two-day council-led clean-up of their property on Boonara Avenue in Bondi in July 2015.
Video shown to the court showed trucks carting away piles of material as police told the siblings and their mother, Mary Bobolas, to stay 10 metres from council workers and the vehicles.

Representing themselves, the Bobolases immediately attempted to have magistrate Jacqueline Trad remove herself from the case due to alleged bias and 'prior knowledge' of the sisters.

When that application was dismissed, the sisters moved quickly to their next issue.
'We want the matter to be dismissed (due to) malicious prosecution,' Liana said.

The sisters also took issue with the prosecution's brief of evidence not being served on them.
After the magistrate explained it wasn't required for a fine-only offence, the police prosecutor offered to give them a copy, but they replied: 'I do not accept service.'

Sergeant Richard Faber, the officer who arrested Liana in 2015, told the court trucks reversed into the driveway of the home about the time Liana jumped the gate of the premises and climbed over 'rubbish' in the front yard.
'Objection!' Liana said.
'Bias. That's not the term to use.'

But that protest was unsuccessful - much like their objections to the court breaking for morning tea, and their attempt to close the court while video of the council clean-up was played.
During cross-examination of Sgt Faber, Elena asked why her sister wasn't arrested at earlier violations of the 10-metre perimeter.
'At that stage, you are on the nature strip side and I had somewhat control,' the sergeant replied.

'(Then) your sister has jumped the fence and gone straight to where they are working with ... shovels and whipper snippers.'
Repeatedly warned to only ask about relevant matters, the sisters were granted a 20-minute adjournment to compose their questions.
'I am not your legal representative and you have had an opportunity to get legal representation since 2015,' Ms Trad told the pair.
But Liana persisted in her cross-examination, asking the police officer to define words on a 2015 court-issued order permitting the property clean-up.

Ms Trad refused the question to be answered.
'You're obstructing me, Magistrate Trad,' Liana said.
'Thank you for your opinion and legal expertise on my conduct,' came the reply.
Ms Trad eventually reached her limit after Sgt Faber was asked to define 'a fence'.

'Okay, take a seat,' the magistrate said.
'The cross-examination is terminated.'
The hearing will resume on Wednesday.

---

Images linked because my browser's throwing a hissy fit, I'll attach them in a moment.

Seriously, though, this family has been hoarding for literal years. If the place was cleaned up, they'd be fairly wealthy women.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4871784/Bondi-s-notorious-Bobolas-family-hoarders-court.html 2017
Undated interview mentions hoarding began to get problematic during 1990s, but first council cleaning was 1984.

Last edited:

TowinKarz

Is it Morning Yet?
kiwifarms.net
Seriously, spend a day in court and watch how many people complain that they can't afford fines they've been assessed for doing stupid/negligent things, and when the Judge points out that they had ample time/warning to fix/not do it, they'll say something to the effect of "That's not the POINT, the point is I can't AFFORD this!"

Your faith in humanity will never be lower then when you see a woman complaining a $20 parking ticket will prevent her from buying insulin for the month and she'll DIE. And you realize she's spent in excess of 3 times that amount just to show up and fight it....

Last edited:

LegoTugboat

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
'(Then) your sister has jumped the fence and gone straight to where they are working with ... shovels and whipper snippers.'
'At that stage, you are on the nature strip side and I had somewhat control,' the sergeant replied.

We need google translate for Australian.
Sister = THOT you're not allowed to fuck because incest.
Fence = Barrier around a house that isn't a wall.
Shovel = Spade
Whipper snipper = Brush cutter
Nature strip = Grass between sidewalk and road

RodgerDodger

kiwifarms.net
I view this as a complete and total failure of imagination and thinking outside the box by the local Police Department. This place is a clear and obvious fire hazard. Most local police departments I have dealt with had a very effective method of dealing with obvious fire hazards that created an ongoing degree of nuisances and problems for the local police. It is what is commonly referred to as "5 gallons of gasoline and a match applied at 3am". Remember class "It's never Arson if it's the Arson Investigator who lights the match!"

kidatari

Super Pimp
kiwifarms.net
I fucking hate hoarders
or let me be more specific
if you're a hoarder and you don't effect nobody but yourself, I have no issues
But if your hoarding effects your kids, family, pets/animals, or whom ever lives in the house, neighbors, or the neighborhood appearance
then you can get fucked by the law
and I hope both these cunts home gets nuked by cleaners

keyboredsm4shthe2nd

CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES! GRIND THEIR BONES INTO DIRT!
kiwifarms.net
I view this as a complete and total failure of imagination and thinking outside the box by the local Police Department. This place is a clear and obvious fire hazard. Most local police departments I have dealt with had a very effective method of dealing with obvious fire hazards that created an ongoing degree of nuisances and problems for the local police. It is what is commonly referred to as "5 gallons of gasoline and a match applied at 3am". Remember class "It's never Arson if it's the Arson Investigator who lights the match!"
Problem is it's australia, drop one match the whole country's in smoke.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino