Votes: 70 2.4%
  • I ORDERED A FUCKING PIZZA

Votes: 613 20.9%
  • Moon Rocks Wu

Votes: 484 16.5%

• Total voters

BScCollateral

kiwifarms.net
My personal take? Rogue One is ... not awful. In a healthy film series, it would be the weakest film overall. But this is the Sequel films, so it is probably the strongest. Still not worth getting the DVD.

That said, I have some admiration for the ending when I was expecting sequel bait, and the fact two rebel factions get into a gunfight.

"The best" and "crying?" Ridiculous.

Mola Ram

Self Righteous Ego Bastard Asshole
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
My personal take? Rogue One is ... not awful. In a healthy film series, it would be the weakest film overall. But this is the Sequel films, so it is probably the strongest. Still not worth getting the DVD.

That said, I have some admiration for the ending when I was expecting sequel bait, and the fact two rebel factions get into a gunfight.

"The best" and "crying?" Ridiculous.

The best I can say about Rogue One is that it did not give me cancer, while The Last Jedi necessitated multiple rounds of chemo.

John's taste is shit as usual, or else he's just being contrarian for the sake of looking hip and with it with the Consoomer Cult.

Dr. Merkwurdichliebe

Kiwiminister für Volksaufklärung und Propaganda
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
oh shit Star Wars, my favourite series of political films, I hope a new movie comes out soon so I can buy more toys!

View attachment 2141519

Would anyone other than world-renowned cinéaste and self-absorbed cockbag John Walker Flynt talk about "the most historically important" Star Wars flick? I wonder if he has opinions on the most historically important Hopalong Cassidy movie.

Last edited:

Dr. Merkwurdichliebe

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Did I just read BriBri calling someone a man child. I don't know how to continue with my day after facing such a lack of awareness. Like Becky calling somebody attention seeking or Secret Gnome Grrl calling someone long winded.

Code:
spiderman_pointing_spiderman.bmp

I like it when John calls men who dare to disagree with him "fuck boy." It's sort of like being called "hors d'oeuvre" by the title creature in Alien.

break these cuffs

THANK YOU AJ
kiwifarms.net
Did I just read BriBri calling someone a man child. I don't know how to continue with my day after facing such a lack of awareness. Like Becky calling somebody attention seeking or Secret Gnome Grrl calling someone long winded.

Code:
spiderman_pointing_spiderman.bmp
Not only was John calling someone a manchild, John was calling him a manchild over the guy's Mario prop he put on twitter. Video games are something John tweets about constantly alongside various other franchises beloved by manchildren and the endless amount of related toys Frank buys him. How much of John twitter would be deleted if someone removed every tweets about a video game, Star Wars, a Marvel movie, worthless collectibles, etc. It goes deeper, though.

The argument with Luigi started over him making the completely reasonable observation that elevating a consoomer tier space adventure film to a critique of war, it's costs, and the military industrial complex, etc is in poor taste. Not only was it created as entertainment for children and manchildren, but also because it romanticizes warfare in all the typical ways. That's not to say other more successful critiques haven't done the same, but they are generally created and performed with far greater nuance and heart. John is far from the only manchild to fail at elevating a favored franchise. It's just pathetic how the modern consoomer must heap all this additional meaning onto the bright lights they love so much in a vain attempt to convince themselves it has some greater meaning other than to entertain and sell toys.

The exchange is exquisite in highlighting just how much of consoomer blowhard John is. I love it.

MyOtherNicknameIsAPun

Neck sleeve owner. Cybermercenary in my spare time
kiwifarms.net
The argument with Luigi started over him making the completely reasonable observation that elevating a consoomer tier space adventure film to a critique of war

One day filmmakers will produce a decent war movie. They might even call them Platoon, Apocalypse Now, The Bridge on the River Kwai, Saving Private Ryan or Full Metal Jacket, hell, maybe even Rambo. Until such time comes we have to enjoy the deep war commentary from a cinematic masterpiece: a prequel with known outcome to 40 yo entertaining adventure romp.

nets_awesome

Let's not dwell on the past year
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
81A2FCB0-B5B8-4448-AFC7-00CADF7939D7.jpeg
Move over moviebob there’s a new consoomer in town.

Smaug's Smokey Hole

Sweeney did nothing wrong.
kiwifarms.net
One day filmmakers will produce a decent war movie. They might even call them Platoon, Apocalypse Now, The Bridge on the River Kwai, Saving Private Ryan or Full Metal Jacket, hell, maybe even Rambo. Until such time comes we have to enjoy the deep war commentary from a cinematic masterpiece: a prequel with known outcome to 40 yo entertaining adventure romp.
whuculdatunkit.jpg
They used to be on a snow planet but now they're on a warm planet. It really makes you think.
Oh there was also a really cool easter egg that had a clue to a new toy line that no one knew about!

AnOminous

とても可愛い
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Would anyone other than world-renowned cinéaste and self-absorbed cockbag John Walker Flynt talk about "the most historically important" Star Wars flick? I wonder if he has opinions on the most historically important Hopalong Cassidy movie.
I love that a 43 year old man who plays with Legos is calling someone else a manchild. Also Paul Blart: Mall Cop is more culturally significant than any Disney Soy Wars movie.

King Dead

Cops are better when they're mecha.
kiwifarms.net
More blathering from the flunked-out journalism major who hates unbiased reporting.

View attachment 2143359
The CDC updated their guidelines to say basically the exact same fucking thing they did before, bizarrely recommending that people keep wearing masks indefinitely even after getting vaccinated. The article in question talks about how those on the far left have become so neurotic over the coof that they continue to go far above and beyond any sane recommendations, keeping themselves locked down and masked up until the end of time. And yes, this is indeed an anti-science position, as it's clear that these extreme measures don't work since people can still catch the coof even if they "did all the right things."

John, being a perfect example of the neurotic ultra-leftist described above, shrieks in offense when his virtue-signaling behavior gets called out.

Dr. Merkwurdichliebe

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The CDC updated their guidelines to say basically the exact same fucking thing they did before, bizarrely recommending that people keep wearing masks indefinitely even after getting vaccinated. The article in question talks about how those on the far left have become so neurotic over the coof that they continue to go far above and beyond any sane recommendations, keeping themselves locked down and masked up until the end of time. And yes, this is indeed an anti-science position, as it's clear that these extreme measures don't work since people can still catch the coof even if they "did all the right things."

John, being a perfect example of the neurotic ultra-leftist described above, shrieks in offense when his virtue-signaling behavior gets called out.

I thought that John criticizing The Atlantic for being biased in favor of conservatives was a bit like Heinrich Himmler criticizing the Nazis' Der Stürmer for addressing both sides of the Judenfrage.