• We came for CWC.

Careercow Brianna Walker Wu / John Walker FlyntThread 3 - The Phantom Game - Hillary For America's Best Mistake

Discussion in 'Lolcows' started by Jaimas, Aug 21, 2016.

Forum Guidelines

Lolcows are people and groups whose eccentric or foolish behavior can be "milked" for amusement and laughs. They are not countries, political figures, celebrities, your highschool bully, or some random YouTuber who doesn't involve himself in drama.

• Be civil.

Don't get angry over Lolcows. If you need to tell people you're better than someone, you're probably not.

• Hide your powerlevel.

Avoid revealing intimate, embarrassing details about yourself. This is not your blog and we are not an asylum.

• Don't backseat moderate.

You are not a moderator. You do not decide if a thread is to remain open or not. You do not decide if someone is a lolcow or not.

• Don't white knight.

Don't turn threads into an intervention. If you want to help, contact them privately. True lolcows reject advice.

• Do not create topics about forum members.

If you believe someone discovered by their account on the forum deserves a thread, ask staff first.

• No trolling plans.

We are not an autistic Illuminati. If you embarrass yourself or the forum trying to troll, we will ridicule you.

• Topic titles should contain aliases.

Keep thread titles as brief as possible and use all their different usernames.

• Archive everything.

Use archival tools to preserve content forever. Upload directly to posts where applicable.

?

What is your favorite John?

1. "Political Sperg" John

71 vote(s)
    6.2%
  2. "Totally a Game Developer" John

114 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. "Passive-Aggressive Shithead" John

30 vote(s)
    2.6%
  4. "Expert in Everything, Competent in None" John

230 vote(s)
    20.2%
  5. "I'm Totally Not a Tranny, Seriously You Guys" John

151 vote(s)
    13.3%
  6. "Master Chef" John

13 vote(s)
    1.1%
  7. "Victim of Everything" John

47 vote(s)
    4.1%
  8. "Guilty of Everything Gamergate Complains About" John

52 vote(s)
    4.6%
  9. "Pre-Gender Identity Crisis" John

26 vote(s)
    2.3%
  10. I ORDERED A FUCKING PIZZA

252 vote(s)
    22.1%
  11. Moon Rocks Wu

153 vote(s)
    13.4%
Article Available:
The Lolcow Wiki has an article on Brianna Wu
  1. Huh, is this the next chapter for Candidate Wu?

"The Patriarchy ate my homework... um... ballot signatures. Send more money so I can stick it to Trump as an Independent!"

• Agree Agree x 4
    Particle Bored

Particle Bored I am made out of toothpicks and glue

kiwifarms.is
  2. We...we have that. If I remember right (which I don't, but work with me on this), there's a hash that gets sent with emails (or any data transfer) to prove authenticity-and a pleasant side effect of that is "Non-repudiation"; since the hash proves the integrity, the sender can't deny sending it, and the receiver can't deny sending it. That's a very slimmed down and possibly wrong explanation, but to my understanding (and unless Null or LordKaT want to come in here and call me an exceptional individual [which I am] and explain how it works [which would be appreciated], my understanding is what you get), that's how it works.

That hash isn't 100% secure, it is vulnerable to man-in-the-middle attacks (which is exactly what it sounds like, a third party intercepts the data as it's being transferred and messes with it), and I can see wanting these autheticators improved but...holy fuck Wu, that was dumb. Not moon rocks dumb but fucking dumb.

And, because I'm on a roll and I'm putting off doing my Chrono Trigger LP for as long as possible, does he want a text message sent to prove that yes it was sent? What about automated systems that push out emails, like say, the verification emails that get sent whenever you sign up for some stupid site? Or the automated "Hey you cunt, one of the people you follow on Twitch went life" emails? Marketing emails that just get sent out to who knows how many addresses? I went to Twitch, I clicked on Kripp's stream. He has over 1 MILLION followers. Can you imagine having to say "Yes, that was sent" to every single one of those automated "Kripp's gone live" emails? Holy shit, dude! That's one streamer! He's not even the most popular! What about businesses that send dozens of emails every day? The HR director at the college I work for sent a message out to all the employees that was "hey, Payday is this day, turn in your timesheets on this day", would he have to authenticate for each one?

You know what, I lied. This is on the same level of dumb as Bob Chipman's "Fully Manhattanized New York" tweet, for the scale alone. What a lot of people don't realize is that software solutions have to be applied to thousands, if not millions of people. Scalability is an important thing in networking, but a lot of people think on a personal scale when it comes to computer problems.

TL ; DR, John Walker Flynt has negative intelligence. He is actively making people dumber. Including me.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • Feels Feels x 1
    AngeloTheWizard

AngeloTheWizard Bringer of amusing Let's Sperg threads

kiwifarms.is
  3. Put simply, he's an idiot who has been huffing his own sci-fi fanboy farts for too long and believes lasers can beat rocks any day when it comes to overcoming the challenges of daily life.

And that's why he's a fool, because if you have one laser versus a ton of rocks, the rocks are still gonna win, but he's so awed by how flashy the lasers are he refuses to quit getting high off the fumes of his own faux-techogeek persona to realize this.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 7
    GethN7

Verified True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  4. I would make some crack about moon rocks here, but even that kinda feeds into his stupid faux-geek fantasies so, I won't.

• Like Like x 5
    AngeloTheWizard

AngeloTheWizard Bringer of amusing Let's Sperg threads

kiwifarms.is
  5. This is 100% correct, JWF is exceptional. SMTP is an old standard but it works. You can piggy back whatever the fuck you want onto the back of it.

Also. TFA using SMS is also pretty dumb*. In addition to the cell network being... quite insecure (there is a huge amount of "Just trust me bro"/"well, ok" with cell infrastructure hardware). And that's to say nothing of the social engineering possibilities. Have an article https://medium.com/@CodyBrown/how-t...es-with-verizon-and-coinbase-com-ba75fb8d0bac

*In every way except as a mechanism to confirm password logins, or as a short-life OTP passcode for non-routine transactions.

• Informative Informative x 3
    Ghostse

Ghostse Former Waffle SS

kiwifarms.is
  6. As someone who's a fan of the novel series, I'm tempted to drop it all together.

For shame, it's actually good sci-fi.

kiwifarms.is
  7. Wow, I kinda liked The Expanse.

Admittedly I haven't read the books (plan to) and was high as fuck the whole time I was watching it but still. Doesn't seem worthy of drawing this much ire.

• Agree Agree x 1
    polonium

polonium By your genders combined, I am Captain Tumblr
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  8. There's no ire involved. But it does diminish my experience (very very slightly) to know that John Flynt likes the same novel/TV series that I do lol.

• Autistic Autistic x 6
    • Feels Feels x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    kiwifarms.is
  9. So courageous to be completely in line with mainstream media and political establishment opinion. If you can't follow along like a lobotomised sheep, get the fuck out of the way, @RepStephenLynch

impeach.jpg

• Winner Winner x 12
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    Peace and Harmony

Peace and Harmony Slowly we inch towards the infinite darkness
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  10. I didn’t vote for Trump and I don’t support him except in the capacity that I support the office. There is such a thing as jumping the gun. What do you get by impeaching him now? Forcing his lawyer to perjur himself regarding some Tweets? Trump is a master of protecting himself and getting others to take the proverbial bullet. He is a political movement and he will not go down easily.

Brianna, if you want him gone, put your sexual fantasy of being a bold and badass motochick who “fought Trump and won” aside and wait for the right time.

• Agree Agree x 8
    kiwifarms.is
  11. The Republican Majority House slapping it down and laughing in your face.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    CWCissey

CWCissey Charming Man
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  12. Yeah, tell em John.
    lmao “he called me wacky on twitter REEEEE”
    87FBEFCC-209F-40E4-B1E8-098E2A0C1A4E.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    An Ghost

An Ghost Swiggity swoogity coming to steal the boooooty
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  13. :offtopic: Isn't it neat how the politicians are still not actually doing anything? It sounds like they're doing things. They make a lot of noise about stuff so you'd think: "well, they must be doing something then."

But they aren't actually doing anything. And isn't that the real problem when we get down to it? :offtopic:

:drink:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Semper Fidelis Semper Fidelis x 1
    kiwifarms.is
  14. >courage
    Because impeaching someone over school yard insults is courageous. Wu will continue huffing paint and farts until he gets into a position of power.

Also, politicians work for the people, not the other way around, you filthy mongrel.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    REGENDarySumanai

REGENDarySumanai Sharing info is my specialty

kiwifarms.is
  15. But didn't you fight the alt-right and win, John???

sam.png

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Peace and Harmony

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  16. When it comes to John, any statement buckles under casual questioning.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
    REGENDarySumanai

REGENDarySumanai Sharing info is my specialty

kiwifarms.is
  17. You can still telnet to any of a million dumb mail servers and send an email from any address you like. John is clueless, as usual.

You can deliberately do that, I suppose, but that isn't default. You can generally be sent completely fake mails that look like they're from whatever address they claim to be. Unless you manually inspect headers or use something that makes hashes mandatory and verifies shit, nothing you see in email like you get on Gmail is guaranteed to be anything at all.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    AnOminous

AnOminous HO HO HO YOU HOS
    True & Honest Fan Retired Staff

kiwifarms.is
    • Informative Informative x 8
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Semper Fidelis Semper Fidelis x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    Peace and Harmony

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  18. Haven't you been going on about holding fundraisers for months now (with nothing to show for it), Brianna? Goddamn, Brianna forgets his bullshit the second he tweets it out.

• Agree Agree x 5
    Francis York Morgan

Francis York Morgan FBI Special Agent

kiwifarms.is
  19. Is Dedham actually in District 8?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    CWCissey

CWCissey Charming Man
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is