Bruno Mars Cultural Appropriation - He's not black so it doesn't count! Notice me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

_blank_

The Charles Dickens of Disco
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Wait, he's not black?
His actual last name is "Hernandez," and he was originally from Honolulu. Plus, his mother looked like she was Pacific Islander (I could do more research, but, come on), so his racial heritage is all over the place.

Anyway, as a person whose job subjects me to having to listen to Hot AC and Top 40 music (and now you begin to understand why I'm seemingly pissed off all the time): here's the deal - his music is exponentially better than just about 90% of all black artists out there because his music is actually musical. Yeah, his stuff may not be your favorite, but it is leagues above the mealy-mouthed mumble rap being played over a beat about as sharp as warm oatmeal.

EDITS: Grammar Nazi mode engaged.

Last edited:

Racist Trash

It never changes.
kiwifarms.net
Am I missing something that I don't give a shit about someone's skin color when it comes to whether or not I like their work? If their work is good I don't give a shit what they look like they did good.

Fuck these people judging people on their outward appearances and then praising themselves like they have a moral high ground.

soryu

Jerry Mouse
kiwifarms.net
What the fuck, aren't these the same people who say if you're mixed black, you're still black? Since when was this statement not true anymore?

$10 Seren Sensei has a white parent or grandparent. There's no way she isn't projecting.

The Manglement

kiwifarms.net
Am I missing something that I don't give a shit about someone's skin color when it comes to whether or not I like their work? If their work is good I don't give a shit what they look like they did good.

Fuck these people judging people on their outward appearances and then praising themselves like they have a moral high ground.

It's the horseshoe theory.

Massive racists care a lot about who makes their content, because they are massive racists. Normal people don't give a shit. Sufficiently 'woke' people are enlightened, and non-racist, so they have to judge everyone's race and genealogy and make sure their bloodline isn't tainted.

If somebody came up basically an Ahnenpass, a Nazi 'ancestral passport' that required you to research your ancestors to prove you were white enough to get married or have a good job, and claimed it was 'woke' and to support POCs, I would not be at all surprised.

N

NG 070

kiwifarms.net
His actually last name is "Hernandez," and he was originally from Honolulu, plus his mother looked like she was Pacific Islander (I could do more research, but, come on), so his racial heritage is all over the place.

Anyway, as a person whose job subjects me to having to listen to Hot AC and Top 40 music (and now you begin to understand why I'm seemingly pissed off all the time): here's the deal - his music is exponentially better than just about 90% of all black artists out there because his music is actually musical. Yeah, his stuff may not be your favorite, but it is leagues above the mealy-mouthed mumble rap being played over a beat about as sharp as warm oatmeal.

Yup. Bruno Mars is legit talented. The radio may overplay some of his songs, but I will go to my grave saying that 'Gorilla' is one of the best songs of the past 5 years. The man can take what would normally be a really cornball and stupid song about sex, and turn it into something godly to listen to. Like Prince, but better. Fuck the people that throw the man under the bus because asinine reasons like "appropriation" or "acting white". The man's worked his ass off and has earned his fame because of it, and these little shits are assblasted that he hasn't relied upon playing a victim and guilt tripping people into supporting his work.

Cosmos

Soldier of Love and Bitching on the Internet
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
hsC4kuL.jpg

Papa bless.

Slay that Ramen

Your LolCow Scouting Agent
kiwifarms.net
The biggest problem is that once you start defining who is and isn't allowed to {insert one: claim victimhood, be oppressed, be a minority} people are going to start redefining again.

Yesterday, we realized that only POC get to be oppressed. Today, it's not just any POC, but rather those with the darkest skin. Tomorrow, we will be specifying more minutely who does or doesn't get to be something. It's not just the oppression olympics -- it's the Oppression Olympics 2.0. We've gotten even more specific and exclusive. (somewhat facetious, but you get the point) It's not about helping other people, it's about being the "most right" or "most woke."

I'm not saying that POC aren't oppressed in many ways and many systems in a western world. What I am saying is that now that we've established it's a thing that happens, people are working overtime to make sure that they are the only ones who benefit from this realization -- by excluding other minorities/POC.

Tl;dr - Non-POC aren't the only ones who exclude others -- the whole world has a rich history of doing this, IMO. Different people groups get shafted at different times. We're seeing this in the very arguments about is a singer enough of a POC to be a non-appropriating non-POS.

AnOminous

μολὼν λαβέ
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
What the fuck, aren't these the same people who say if you're mixed black, you're still black? Since when was this statement not true anymore?

$10 Seren Sensei has a white parent or grandparent. There's no way she isn't projecting.

They've revived the one drop rule! Because they're so desperate not to be white that they'll use that one drop to claim to be black while being as white as Domino sugar.

These people need to read what George Clinton said about cultural appropriation and how it won't matter when we make contact with 4 dicked aliens...

I love how completely ignored George Clinton was when he said that. Because these fucking cunts know they can't possibly dis George Clinton and get away with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.