Chelsea Manning / Bradley Manning / xychelsea - #WeGotThis

• DDoS is active again.

break these cuffs

IT'S A BABY FAHKIN WHALE, BRO
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Come to think of it, what does the FEC think of raising money for a political candidate who can't take office?
Did Bradley even raise enough money to make the FEC care? He's far from the only fringe candidate with a scampaign who runs for office. I assume someone from the Pentagon with connects in the FEC would have had a talk with them and the investigation would be dropped if his campaign ever made it on their radar in the first place.

AnOminous

μολὼν λαβέ
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I'm willing to give the dude credit for actually doing time for his beliefs. He could have easily just ratted everyone out when he was threatened with jail time if he didn't and stuck to his guns instead. He may be an attention whoring bitch but if he was a rat he could have been just doing fake suicides from his cushy apartment at will.

There is nothing whatsoever romantic or fun about prison especially after as long as Manning has spent there.

All he had to do was say whatever bullshit and perjury the government wanted him to say to frame some fucking people. Don't believe for a minute they just wanted him to say shit that was true.

Manning was willing to go through mind shattering levels of imprisonment over that rather than just start squealing like a lesser person would have done.

That's pretty fucking heroic IMO whatever else I may think of the dude and whatever else he did.

break these cuffs

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm willing to give the dude credit for actually doing time for his beliefs. He could have easily just ratted everyone out when he was threatened with jail time if he didn't and stuck to his guns instead. He may be an attention whoring bitch but if he was a rat he could have been just doing fake suicides from his cushy apartment at will.

There is nothing whatsoever romantic or fun about prison especially after as long as Manning has spent there.

All he had to do was say whatever bullshit and perjury the government wanted him to say to frame some fucking people. Don't believe for a minute they just wanted him to say shit that was true.

Manning was willing to go through mind shattering levels of imprisonment over that rather than just start squealing like a lesser person would have done.

That's pretty fucking heroic IMO whatever else I may think of the dude and whatever else he did.
I just don't like to say it. Partially because I hate him, and partially because I believe he is entirely self serving. Multiple posters, including yourself, have pointed out in the past just how shitty and retarded his leak was. Bradley made no attempt to filter the information for what could highlight the issues he was trying to expose or conceal confidential information that could get people, including Iraqis, killed. He just dumped everything he had access to like the sped he is. His acts have always struck me as attempts to martyr himself or get revenge. That could be my innate bias against him or a reaction against the MSM narrative that Bradley is a tragic hero we should all admire. I can respect that he did the time for not testifying at the grand jury. I don't think he's any kind of hero. I also don't think he should have ever been in this position. It was a complete failure on multiple command levels by the Army that we're here today. They're even bigger retards than Bradley.

AnOminous

μολὼν λαβέ
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I just don't like to say it. Partially because I hate him, and partially because I believe he is entirely self serving. Multiple posters, including yourself, have pointed out in the past just how shitty and exceptional his leak was. Bradley made no attempt to filter the information for what could highlight the issues he was trying to expose or conceal confidential information that could get people, including Iraqis, killed. He just dumped everything he had access to like the sped he is. His acts have always struck me as attempts to martyr himself or get revenge. That could be my innate bias against him or a reaction against the MSM narrative that Bradley is a tragic hero we should all admire. I can respect that he did the time for not testifying at the grand jury. I don't think he's any kind of hero. I also don't think he should have ever been in this position. It was a complete failure on multiple command levels by the Army that we're here today. They're even bigger exceptional individuals than Bradley.

That's why I'm not in the Manning is a brave and beautiful hero camp, even though I am somewhat more sympathetic to his situation than people in the "he is a complete traitor who should be shot at dawn" camp. I think his "leak" was mostly malicious and self interested and whatever good intentions he had were buried under attention whoring. There was absolutely no reason at all for most of it. That said, he was seriously mentally ill and the decision to entrust him with sensitive information at all was incredibly bad and not just incredibly bad, massively telegraphed by behavior from the perp.

He should have been in therapy, not in custody of classified info.

So I think what he did was bad and criminal and actually, mostly agree with the level of sentencing he got after what Obama did, by commuting his sentence and not pardoning him.

That said, the prosecution the feds were trying to dragoon him into that he basically told them to go fuck themselves over was and is outrageously bogus. They don't even need him for it.

And he was willing to do time over the principle of it.

So his principles aren't entirely fake however misguided they may be, and he isn't a rat.

wabbits

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
He never could have been elected. Bradley was still on active duty while he was running. His case was still on appeal and as such he could not be discharged. Of course campaigning for public office, even if it's on behalf of a candidate other than yourself, while on active duty violates DOD regulations. You're allowed to make donations, sign petitions, and of course vote, but you cannot make appearances or statements that draw the DOD into partisan politics.

Active duty personnel are also forbidden from holding political office unless it is a local, nonpartisan position such as on a school board. His entire congressional run should have been shut down by the DOD but they don't like talking about Bradley because of how badly they fucked up with him. He's a giant shit sandwich of their own making and they loathe having to take a bite out of it. They let him do whatever he wanted while he was on active duty during his appeal. I don't know if his pay was suspended and what kind of orders he was on, but he was legit still Army while he was running for office, suicide baiting, and traveling the world on his book tour.

The most powerful military in the world cowered before a single troon who made them look like fools. It's absolutely hilarious.

Do you have a source for his active duty dates by any chance? I've never seen anything showing that he was still on active duty in 2018. What I have seen a lot of though are accounts of comments made during his appeal a hearing that seem to misconstrue what was said, so I'd like to get my head straight about the issue.

Edit: For what it's worth, Wikipedia shows his active duty dates as 2007 to 2010. (He was arrested on May 27, 2010.) Most army enlistment contracts require four years of active duty and four years of inactive reserve service, do they not? Even if he was on a six-year contract instead of four, how did active duty last until 2018? Did the army let him re-enlist while he was serving time?

As for the FEC, welp, he filed the paperwork: His 2018 campaign raised and spent $94K - his FEC termination report

Vote counts - he did lead the no-hopers:
Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 5.40.48 PM.png

Last edited:

break these cuffs

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Do you have a source for his active duty dates by any chance? I've never seen anything showing that he was still on active duty in 2018. What I have seen a lot of though are accounts of comments made during his appeal that seem to misconstrue what was said, so I'd like to get my head straight about the issue.

As for the FEC, welp, he filed the paperwork: His 2018 campaign raised and spent $94K - his FEC termination report

Vote counts - he did lead the no-hopers:
View attachment 1186360
His conviction was upheld on May 31st. Bradley filed in January and as early as Feb 1st there were articles being written about how he couldn't run. He had to file by Feb 27th to get on the Maryland ballot. I guess he technically could have started a write in campaign for the Democratic primary on June 1st and an Independent run in the general election on June 27th to not be in violation of DOD regs. I hadn't considered a write in campaign.

Video Games

WASH YOUR HAIR!
kiwifarms.net
On the contrary, I think Manning's previous experiences with prison have proven to him--and continue to support--that if he cries and wails enough, he'll be released from prison and get a boost of media attention for the experience. I know the reasonable response is, "Prison is awful, who would willingly subject himself to it just for some online buzz?" but I'd ask the same question about, say, cutting one's dick off, and here we are.

wabbits

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
His conviction was upheld on May 31st. Bradley filed in January and as early as Feb 1st there were articles being written about how he couldn't run. He had to file by Feb 27th to get on the Maryland ballot. I guess he technically could have started a write in campaign for the Democratic primary on June 1st and an Independent run in the general election on June 27th to not be in violation of DOD regs. I hadn't considered a write in campaign.

Thanks. But I still don't get how you can enlist in 2007 and still be on active duty in 2018 if you haven't been allowed to re-up. The math doesn't work.

OK, got it - still Wikipedia at the link above:

On February 1, The Washington Post raised questions about Manning's eligibility to run. "While her case is on appeal," reported The Post, "she is on a technical form of unpaid active duty, putting her political campaign at odds with Department of Defense regulations that prohibit military personnel from seeking public office." Military law expert Eugene R. Fidell of Yale Law School considered it unlikely the Army would take action against her, saying, "Services don't like to create martyrs."[347] On February 2, Manning commented: "This is an issue that's cropped up mostly from the conservative blogosphere, and the campaign and we don't believe this is an issue at all. … I've been issued a dishonorable discharge, and I'm not sure where the issue lies in this case." She also confirmed that she is still appealing her court-martial sentence.[348]
Further edit - NBC News, May 17, 2017:
Manning is still considered to be on active duty in the Army until her criminal appeal is complete. Hammond explained that when service members are sentenced to a punitive discharge (in Manning’s case, a dishonorable discharge), that part of the sentence is not executed until the appellate process is complete. Thus, Manning’s dishonorable discharge is not effective until the Army Court of Criminal Appeals has issued a decision and the Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces has either denied a petition or granted it and issued a decision.

According to Hammond, Manning is “in the middle of her appeal, she is still very much in the Army, on active duty, subject to the Uniform Code of Military Justice.” When Soldiers are in the middle of an appeal and not in confinement, the Army places them on “involuntary excess leave,” otherwise known as “appellate leave” i.e. unpaid leave. They are not “discharged” until the appeal is done.

Manning is now Private E-1, explained Hammond. Part of her sentence reduced her in rank from a PFC (E-3) to a PVT (E-1). According to Hammond, Manning will have all of the military benefits of an active duty soldier upon her release because she will not be dishonorably discharged until her appeal is complete (and that is assuming the appellate court affirms the punitive discharge).

Last edited:

break these cuffs

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Thanks. But I still don't get how you can enlist in 2007 and still be on active duty in 2018 if you haven't been allowed to re-up. The math doesn't work.
You do not get discharged until you serve your time if you get sentenced to confinement via court martial. I also think I misspelled court martial a bunch of times like an sped. Your pay and benefits do get cut off, but I believe benefits to your dependents do not. Although I'm not totally sure on that. Once he was pardoned in 2017 he would have been discharged had he not chosen to appeal. His case was not resolved until his appeal was resolved, so he remained on active duty.

edit. I will add as an aside that disciplinary confinement is not the only way an enlistment can be involuntarily extended. "Stop loss" and "medical hold" are two terms that can send shivers down the most hardened warfighter's spine as their EAS (End of Active Service) approaches. Your ass is Uncle Sam's once you sign on the dotted line until he decides otherwise. I knew a guy who spent what were supposed to be the last two years of his active duty contract on waiting for and then recovering from knee surgeries. They didn't go well and he wasn't medically cleared for discharge until 18 months after his original EAS date.

Last edited:

AnOminous

μολὼν λαβέ
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
On the contrary, I think Manning's previous experiences with prison have proven to him--and continue to support--that if he cries and wails enough, he'll be released from prison and get a boost of media attention for the experience. I know the reasonable response is, "Prison is awful, who would willingly subject himself to it just for some online buzz?" but I'd ask the same question about, say, cutting one's dick off, and here we are.

He didn't even need to do that though, he could have just started squealing. That would have been the easy way out that a lesser person would have taken.

Nykysnottrans

鬼女
kiwifarms.net
During a recent Q&A, the maker of the XY Chelsea documentary confirmed that Manning was staying in a women's prison until his recent release following his suicide attempt. "Which is good" he said.

I have a question though. In the documentary there was footage of Manning with a woman named Lisa Rein, who I don't believe has been brought up here before. She apparently organizes the Aaron Schwarz memorial day every year, and she originally reached out to Manning in prison to deliver a speech on his behalf at the Aaron Swarz memorial.

Here's the part that surprised me: The documentary shows footage of Lisa Rein and Manning being very close, spending time together after his early release. Lisa Rein is described as Manning's confidante, but I would say that upon casual glance they appeared to be intimate. For example, there was a scene of them sitting on the couch together where Manning was explaining the effects of HRT to Lisa and they seemed quite close, physically and emotionally. Then there was another scene of Manning and Lisa dancing at a club during which where they were openly dancing very close and intimate. This was bizarre for me to watch because I thought Manning was into guys exclusively (ie, that he was an HSTS androphilic, or "straight transwoman attracted to males exclusively"). I have never seen Manning this close to a cis woman before. All this footage was shot before Manning had the snip, which the documentary doesn't even mention. I don't know what to make of these shots with Lisa because the documentary is very impressionistic and didn't really show much else of their relationship.

Does anyone here know what the deal is with this Lisa Rein person? Are Manning and Lisa a "transbian" couple? I know Manning is "transbians" with Zenalbatross, who was also in the documentary, but I was unaware of any interest in cis women on Manning's part. All I know is that Manning was a gay man before he trooned out in jail. Is Manning another example of an HSTS going bisexual on the HRT due to gender confusion?

Chad Nasty

Optimus Faggot
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't give two shits about any of the SJW spins on this story. I'm still wondering how someone could get sentenced to 35 years for dropboxing unclassified documents. I know they all weren't unclassified, but that doesn't say jack.

He was an E-3, no E-3 is going to be given super secret squirrel shit.

repentance

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't give two shits about any of the SJW spins on this story. I'm still wondering how someone could get sentenced to 35 years for dropboxing unclassified documents. I know they all weren't unclassified, but that doesn't say jack.

I thought part of the hoo-ha was over him accessing data to which he shouldn't have had access (and that Assange is accused of telling him how to do that).

Chad Nasty

Optimus Faggot
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I thought part of the hoo-ha was over him accessing data to which he shouldn't have had access (and that Assange is accused of telling him how to do that).
I actually googled this. Anyone who been in a dirty unit knows what he leaked. Check out this highspeed shitbag. How the fuck was this dude able to smoke and stab people in that time then drag bodies and light them on fire before anyone in the unit noticed? Good thing the Afghanies that testified that there were more people shooting weren't taken seriously. Hahaha, they aren't even mentioned now. Everyone behind the wire must have been in a peaceful slumber. Good thing for Bob, because he snuck off with a battle load and went Black Ops. Homeboy had dead accuracy too, because hitting a moving target ain't easy. He hit 16, multiple times most likely. Its cool because hit FOB evidently didn't notice all the mag dumps and screaming. Good times.

Memoreeeeeeeee holed.

Last edited:

John Flynt's Axe Wound

I got catcalled like 5 times on the way here.
kiwifarms.net

Because believe it or not, the military doesn't really like their own soldiers leaking classified shit on the web.

Billy_Sama

♂Love and Muscle in Heaven♂
kiwifarms.net