Chris' Gaming backlog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweet and Savoury

Null-like homunculus
kiwifarms.net
What I find the most amazing is that Chris really does love Animal Crossing. A game which involves doing chores, helping others and basically building a life.

How can he not make the jump to from the lessons he learns in game and apply the same thoughts to his real life?

This fundamental disconnect in his thinking is what drives me to :alog:

Marvin

Christorical Figure
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Sweet and Savoury said:
What I find the most amazing is that Chris really does love Animal Crossing. A game which involves doing chores, helping others and basically building a life.

How can he not make the jump to from the lessons he learns in game and apply the same thoughts to his real life?

Eh, that's not an unusual position. I know lots of people who loved Animal Crossing. Chores are a lot less fun IRL.

DangDirtyTrolls

The man in the pickle suit tricked me once again
kiwifarms.net
GFYS said:
Maybe he's different, playing other games, but I sort of wonder if video gaming isn't really much an escape for him after all... He's just all Chris-Сhan, all the time.
Video games are definitely an escape for him, at least as much as when he makes his real life struggles into video games Chris can actually win his battles. "And dat's how it SHOULD have gone down at da Game Place between me and that dang dirty Michael Snyder" :tomgirl:

Sweet and Savoury said:

Because in Animal Crossing you can't lose and your chores are immediately rewarded. Doing things for villagers, harvesting fruit and fishing etc all result in direct rewards. Villagers give you presents for helping them and you can sell fruit/fish/insects for cash. Plus the chores are pretty simple, usually involving X asking you to deliver something to Y. There's no pressure, either. Chores can be completed or ignored and bills can be paid whenever you feel like it.

Real life however involves chores which take time, aren't fun, can be physically laborious and there are no rewards for completing them. Guess which 'chores' Chris likes better.

CatParty

Boo
Forum Staff
⚡ Thunderdomer ⚡
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
leveling up characters > building character.

Overcast

Buttmunch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Doesn't the new Animal Crossing allow you to be mayor?

If so, that must be a dream come true for Chris.

Kosher Dill

Potato Chips
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It does, but it specifically tells you you can't be a dictator. So no, not quite a dream come true.

DrChristianTroy

kiwifarms.net
Sweet and Savoury said:

In Animal Crossing he can press a button. In real life he has to actually move.

I actually feel for Chris when it comes to his backlog. For awhile there were a string of Blockbusters and FYE's going out of business in my area and I bought a shit ton of DVDs. Between that and other movies coming out since I have a pretty big backlog of film.

I like to think the difference between Chris and I is that I intend to do it and like/heard good things about what I got. Chris seems to just pick up whatever is new and shiny.

Bob's Fries

kiwifarms.net
homerbeoulve said:
Saito said:
Oh God. Speaking of which, he should try to play Persona 3 or 4...

The neo-Japan and dark references of apocalypse, deities, demons and gods will just fly on his head. Trust me, I'm a Shin Megami Tensei fan and not all people get the reference of the game nor the concept.

I know, but hell. Those games still serve as a dating sim as well. Maybe he can get a virtual sweetheart there too... :tomgirl:

Overcast

Buttmunch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Kosher Dill said:
It does, but it specifically tells you you can't be a dictator. So no, not quite a dream come true.

Thank goodness for all the animals who have to live in his town. :P

Zim

Facebook District Manager
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If you think about it, games like animal crossing are probably Chris's only way of really socializing nowadays. I don't know if it has online components (I'm assuming it doesn't) but the npc's are most likely the only people he can talk to besides his mom. I wouldn't be too surprised if he talks out loud like he's having a real conversation when he interacts with them.

Man, I think I depressed myself there. I need a hug.

Kosher Dill

Potato Chips
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Zim said:
If you think about it, games like animal crossing are probably Chris's only way of really socializing nowadays. I don't know if it has online components (I'm assuming it doesn't)
There is online, but you can only play together with people on your 3DS friends list or people physically nearby. So, nothing Chris can make use of.

Status
Not open for further replies.