Status
Not open for further replies.

sperginity

botched SRS enthusiast
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Catholic hospitals have this photo up sometimes:
jesus-doctor-healing.jpg
seems pretty disrespectful to me, but actual doctors complain less about this than twitter atheists do about some dumbass actor's medical opinion.

Last edited:

Vorhtbame

The prettiest zombie-slayer
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Ironically, Christians are directed to love our enemies. And the best way to do that is to remember with kindness each and every one of our detractors in our prayers.

So, every one of those fedoralord neckbeards is getting prayed for, causing exactly the opposite outcome they sought.

A

AJ 447

kiwifarms.net
"No you don't understand, my being mad at a tweet is super important actually"
upload_2018-2-27_8-30-56.png

"You fundies just don't respect doctors or something"
upload_2018-2-27_8-38-29.png

"I know this was about Kevin Smith, but how about we talk about some dead babies instead"
upload_2018-2-27_8-50-36.png

"You meant well, BUT"
upload_2018-2-27_8-54-51.png

Okay, this doesn't really have anything to do with Chris Pratt, but it's fucking funny.
upload_2018-2-27_8-34-19.png

NOT Sword Fighter Super

"Cheerleeder" of Slapfights
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This is like somebody getting pissed off because you wished them a "Merry Christmas". Would I care if somebody wished me a "Happy Hanukkah"? No, I'd say thank you because I'd appreciate the sentiment.

These secular fedora lords have effectively replaced their 1990s 'moral majority' counterparts as a laughingstock.

Bob the Autist

kiwifarms.net
This is like somebody getting pissed off because you wished them a "Merry Christmas". Would I care if somebody wished me a "Happy Hanukkah"? No, I'd say thank you because I'd appreciate the sentiment.

These secular fedora lords have effectively replaced their 1990s 'moral majority' counterparts as a laughingstock.

What pretty ironic that these same people where making fun of conservatives who got spegy over the "Happy Hoildays" and "Not bringing God up on Chirsmas" shitfest that happened awhile ago

Now they're at getting spergy at the "conservatives" (I wouldn't call Chirs Patt a conservative) just for bring up god

Ted_Breakfast

What'll it be, boys?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Do these euphorics truly believe that prayer is a call for inactivity? Do they really think that when someone claims they'll pray for someone, they're suggesting doing absolutely nothing while waiting for a burning bush to appear?

Or are they knowingly arguing with a bluntly designed strawman?

Because if they believe the former, they're morons that are so out of touch I'm surprised they can function. If the latter (and more likely) choice is true instead, they're simply being dishonest shitheads.

ChurchOfGodBear

He's just this guy, you know?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Ultimately, when someone is infirm, there are maybe 5-10 people with the ability to directly affect their recovery. A doctor, maybe two, three or four nurses, their spouse or child, possibly a good friend. Those are the people who can literally make a difference.

So what are the other seven billion people on earth supposed to do? Tell the sick person to go fuck themselves?

We live in a world where it's possible to touch a lot of lives, and to matter to people you can't see often or might never have even met. If something happens to you, those people are going to care about you, and their care isn't limited to if they can directly help you or not. But they want the best for you anyway and want to express that.

The alternative is to not care about a sick person because you, personally, can't heal them. Is that the "enlightened" way of doing things?

Schmeckel

The sun is a wondrous body.
kiwifarms.net
Jesus tap dancing Christ. This guy is an absolute scumbag.

It never ceases to amaze me how fucking triggered people get over something as praying/sending-good-vibes to someone. Guess Trump wasn't doing much that day.

TheClorax

kiwifarms.net
"No you don't understand, my being mad at a tweet is super important actually"
View attachment 392354
"You fundies just don't respect doctors or something"
View attachment 392357
"I know this was about Kevin Smith, but how about we talk about some dead babies instead"
View attachment 392362
"You meant well, BUT"
View attachment 392369
Tweet 1: You must be following Bob Chipman’s “Everything is Political” ideology.
Tweet 2: There are plenty of doctors, scientists, etc. who are very religious.
Tweet 3: No one just prays for babies to be well. Except for maybe the Amish.
Tweet 4: If prayers do nothing, then tipping your fedora over Twitter will do even less.
edited: Politely asked to.

Last edited:

Bubb_Rubb

kiwifarms.net
Last edited:
A

AJ 447

kiwifarms.net
upload_2018-2-28_17-15-34.png

Well, Kevin Smith has responded to the salt, and, shockingly, is not the piece of shit that Sammie apparently thinks he is. He has thanked Chris Pratt for his prayers:
“Poor Chris Pratt, one of my favorite actors on the planet, f—ing put up a nice tweet, where he’s just like ‘Hey man, I don’t know you that much but I love ‘Clerks’ and I’m praying for you’ and and apparently people were like, ‘F— your prayers’ and attacked him and s—,” Smith said about the backlash. “Number one, thanks to Chris Pratt, how sweet was that, Starlord praying for me. Number two, please don’t fight over stuff like that. It’s a waste of time. Whether you’re religious or not, someone saying ‘I’ll pray for you,’ it’s good intentions.”

Secret Asshole

Expert in things that never, ever happened
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This feels like leftover outrage over the "hopes and prayers" remarks that politicians flooded twitter with after the recent school shooting. People were getting upset because the politicians could actually influence things but were only tweeting well wishes. None of that outrage fits this situation though so it's dumb.

I think the only way to fix this is to have Chris Pratt perform open heart surgery on Kevin Smith.

It might seem like that, but Chris Pratt is really Christian and he's mentioned his faith before, so it isn't like this is out of nowhere.

Couldn't agree more. The vast majority of these neckbeards and legbeards fetishize science and medicine but have no connection to what occurs in a hospital. They have no idea there are a significant amount of nurses and doctors who reconcile their religions with medical practice. But this matters not to the "smart guys" and gals who have to signal their intelligence given any opportunity.

The problem with atheists is that they never took a theology course, which they consider indoctrination. I've went to Catholic universities all my life and believe me, they dissect the fuck out of the Bible (bible stories being copies of other ancient stories isn't some revolutionary discovery atheists like to think. This has been talked about by biblical scholars, priests, preachers and every theological academic since forever).

It'd blow their mind to know that there's a Jesuit science: Seismology. Not to mention theologians teach that science is one way of understanding the language of God. Some scientists who are religious feel that there is no greater form of worship than uncovering the mysteries of God's creation. Science and Faith can be reconciled rather easily. Faith is well, faith. You accept that there is no proof for it, but you believe. That's why it is faith. Science, on the other hand, requires empirical evidence, factual discovery and the scientific method. You can have both. Not to mention a large number of these types reject the scientific method anyway, making it even more hilarious.

There's also the fact that the Church was a HUGE patron of science and medicine basically throughout its history. The problem is fedora tippers are so narrow minded they can't fucking stop deep-throating Black Science Man, Bill Nye and Charles Dawkins. Yes, people who pray know it might not work and they might be praying for nothing, they aren't fucking stupid. That's why its called faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.