Chris's gaming habits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screaming Llama

kiwifarms.net
My thoughts on them, in the following order:

Why the hell does he buy so many games on the PSN? I'm looking at his PSN profile right now and he's barely played ~20% of his vast library.
Most of his games have an F or E rating, does that mean he sucks at them?
Oh gods, he even has GTA 4. What I wouldn't give to see a video of him playing that.
Too bad my internet dongle is incompatible with my PS3, otherwise I'd find out which titles he plays most and whoop his flabby ass at them. Repeatedly.

homerbeoulve

99% nerd, 1% sane. 100% human.
kiwifarms.net
Screaming Llama said:

Why the hell does he buy so many games on the PSN? I'm looking at his PSN profile right now and he's barely played ~20% of his vast library.
Oh gods, he even has GTA 4. What I wouldn't give to see a video of him playing that.
Too bad my internet dongle is incompatible with my PS3, otherwise I'd find out which titles he plays most and whoop his flabby ass at them. Repeatedly.

I can sum up your questions with an awesome using only 3 words: Short attention span.

Anchuent Christory

Socially Awesome and Cool.
kiwifarms.net
Chris doesn't play competitive multiplayer, so you won't be beating him at anything and I wouldn't take his "ratings" at games as any indication of how good he or anybody else is at them, trophies don't necessarily correlate with skill.
The only really noteworthy thing about Chris' gaming habits in my eyes is the way he buys so much stuff online and doesn't play it, it's rather strange.

CatParty

Boo
Forum Staff
⚡ Thunderdomer ⚡
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Prowldent said:
He's probably going hard in the paint on that new Animal Crossing.

why wouldn't he? socialization is obsolete.

MysticMisty

kiwifarms.net
Chris' online library is essentially a digital horde, and he probably isn't very good at most of his games. I can't imagine him playing games that involve reading, strategy, or plots that give him prickly wricklies.

Ford Johnes

kiwifarms.net
It's mostly lack of interest in many games and the Chandlers' inability to resist sales.

On the other side, most people own a lot of games they've never played. You remember them and think "maybe I should play that sometime" but you never do. I think Chris' situation is the same, except without the remembering he owns other games part.

Varis

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
He might be an impulse buyer with a strong desire to "catch 'em all". If he has money to spare and sees something remotely interesting, he'll check it out - and if the game has DLC, he'll buy it all to have a complete set. Maybe getting new things and completing collections gives him a tiny drop of happiness and/or a feeling of accomplishment.

Now I made myself sad. (:_(

Anchuent Christory

kiwifarms.net
Ford Johnes said:
It's mostly lack of interest in many games and the Chandlers' inability to resist sales.

On the other side, most people own a lot of games they've never played. You remember them and think "maybe I should play that sometime" but you never do. I think Chris' situation is the same, except without the remembering he owns other games part.

If you were to glance through my PSN profile it would reveal a lot of games that I haven't earned many or any trophies for. This can be down to: Getting a shot of a game from somebody and not playing it much, buying a game that I ended up not liking, the multitude of games I've gotten from Playstation plus and said "I'll get round to that eventually" or even just the natural way or path I play the game not earning many trophies.

For example, I finished "The last of us" the other night, I absolutely loved it and would consider myself to be pretty good at it but I actually only earned 3 trophies totalling 5% by the end of it. I think this was a conscious decision by Naughty dog to not litter the game with tons of trivial trophies so you're not constantly having the chime going off and trophy symbol appearing in the top right thus breaking the immersion. They also probably didn't want the player going out of their way to perform silly or pointless actions that would totally oppose the game's very serious nature.

Thing is with Chris, we don't just have access to his trophy collection, but in the past the trolls gained access to his profile which detailed his spending history and this showed a huge amount of stuff he just seemed to be buying for the sake of buying it, including digital copies of games he already owns. If I remember correctly, his spending also rose sharply after he was banned from the Gameplace, this actually makes me wonder how much business Snyder gave up by banning Chris.

It's really not so much about his gaming habits to be honest, it's more to do with his spending habits.

DrChristianTroy

kiwifarms.net
^What I took from this, Last of Us doesn't have easy trophies. Chris won't be happy. That and I wanna go home and continue the game.

Ryan Rash

LET IT OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT!
kiwifarms.net
Screaming Llama said:

He's a hoarder like his mother. Unlike his mother, he's more of a digital hoarder.
He buys E-rated games mostly because he's a manchild. Games with guns, violence, cursing, etc. give him prickly-wicklies (hence why he made so little progress in GTA4).
Also, he almost never plays online multiplayer. That, along with his paranoia, means you'll never be able to fight him online.

Anchuent Christory

kiwifarms.net
DrChristianTroy said:
^What I took from this, Last of Us doesn't have easy trophies. Chris won't be happy. That and I wanna go home and continue the game.

Nah, the only difficult one is the obligatory "complete it on the hardest setting" There are only 24 in the whole game with four of them for multiplayer, eight based around completing it on different difficulty settings and doing the same with a game+ mode and the rest dedicated to collectables and such. Chances are you'll only hear the trophy chime once during your entire first playthrough, then again after finishing it.
They just don't hand them out for trivial actions like every other game does, and I believe the idea is that you're not distracted by them and just immerse yourself in the game.

And yeah, go home and play cos it's fucking awesome!

DangDirtyTrolls

The man in the pickle suit tricked me once again
kiwifarms.net
Chris is very childlike and I think this shows in his gaming habits. He'll see a new game that he really, really wants so he'll buy it, play with it for a few hours/days then get bored of it as soon as the next shiny comes along. Only occasionally will a game actually captivate Chris to the point that he plays it a lot.

Of course most kids have parents to temper their impulses and learn some self-control once they're able to buy their own games, but not our Chris.

Alec Benson Leary

Creator of Asperchu
Christorical Figure
kiwifarms.net
Screaming Llama said:
Addictism.

AtroposHeart

KAWAII WEEABOO PRINCESSU
kiwifarms.net
In the booktubing community there is something called a book buying ban. Many readers get excited at getting new books and end up buying faster than they can read. The end up with big to-be-read piles and have to put a ban on themselves from buying for a while.

Chris should really go on this ban, but he doesn't have the discipline for it.

Tubular Monkey

Very much Greatly extroverted
kiwifarms.net
AtroposHeart said:
In the booktubing community there is something called a book buying ban. Many readers get excited at getting new books and end up buying faster than they can read. The end up with big to-be-read piles and have to put a ban on themselves from buying for a while.

Chris should really go on this ban, but he doesn't have the discipline for it.

That's ridiculous. If Chris limited his game purchases, then lots of people would have more games than him, therefor having better, happier and more rewarding lives than him. Go, Christian, and spend to the extreme!

Ford Johnes

kiwifarms.net
Browsing through his PSN again, I've noticed that most of the games Chris has more than half of the trophies for are games that have either simple gameplay, or are very easy.

That, and Sonic games.

lynx

pleeeeease suscriiiibe
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
i've noticed many people who exhibit similar behavior with steam games, namely games they purchase in bulk during holiday sales. but normally they also get around to playing said games, at least at some point.

does anyone know if there is a specific game or games that chris prefers? obviously he does play little big planet a lot but I haven't heard much in the way of him using that lately, same with modnation racers. perhaps with the new animal crossing we can get a new documentary.

rocket

14/f/japan
kiwifarms.net
I think money just burns a hole in his pocket. He was never forced to learn any sort of money management and so when he has "extra" he sees no reason not to go bonkers with impulse buys.

DangDirtyTrolls

The man in the pickle suit tricked me once again
kiwifarms.net
lynx said:
does anyone know if there is a specific game or games that chris prefers? obviously he does play little big planet a lot but I haven't heard much in the way of him using that lately, same with modnation racers. perhaps with the new animal crossing we can get a new documentary.
Sonic and Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.