Close the Tumblr Forum? -

• Trump is threatening to repeal Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act to spite Twitter and I am tracking competing efforts to edit legislation here.
    P.S. A source of my income was removed by payment networks recently. If you'd like to donate crypto, my addresses are here.

THOTto

Kamov’s (legal) personal cum dumpster.
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
No, Staph doesn't have that much of a following here and there are other tumblr cows like rabbie. Also I think if people dug up current info on cows like springtrapp and a few others it would come back to life. Also Staph thrives on a victim complex and thinks we're trying to kill her. Giving her a sub would just confirm in her mind that we're stalking her and give credibility to those accusations. I don't think she'd be sustainable long term nor is she an autism magnet like DSP.

Hamplanet Fitness

True & Honest OnlyFan
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I do agree Stephanie's thread should probably be moved. But is a subforum for her necessary? I know she's gross but don't follow her.
She's got 600 pages, averaging over a page a day, 3+ when she has meltdowns. There's enough about her that it's a bit much for anyone to jump into her thread and feel caught up at this point despite the OP being up-to-date.

As for Tumblr itself, it's dead compared to 2 years ago before the purge. Very few of the cows in that forum are most active on there anymore; they have other social media.

Digital Thunder

Triple Bastard
kiwifarms.net
I feel like closing Tumblr's subforum altogether means losing a fair few threads that do still get updated involving the kinds of cows that fit too distinctly into tumblr's (former) culture to stand on their own in the main Lolcow forum, as well as cows that aren't tied in with any Rat Kings well enough to stick them in the Rat Kings forum. As entertaining as Stephanie is, both her and Chantal don't inspire nearly enough content tangentially connected to them (fan work, A-Logs, distinct events and happenings involving side-cows (e.g. Becky's family drama), etc.) to warrant their own subforums in the same way Amberlynn does.

Is there maybe a way that the Tumblr subforum could be expanded to include Twitter, considering that the latter's basically turned into Tumblr 2: Tumblerer? There could be some use in funneling Tumblr-turned-Twitter content into its own place.

Sexy Senior Citizen

What's the big deal? It's called a fetish!
kiwifarms.net
I can see what you mean, but unless Tumblr goes belly-up, I think it should be left alone. Maybe move a few of the more active cow threads around, but otherwise I'm fine with it.
I feel like closing Tumblr's subforum altogether means losing a fair few threads that do still get updated involving the kinds of cows that fit too distinctly into tumblr's (former) culture to stand on their own in the main Lolcow forum, as well as cows that aren't tied in with any Rat Kings well enough to stick them in the Rat Kings forum. As entertaining as Stephanie is, both her and Chantal don't inspire nearly enough content tangentially connected to them (fan work, A-Logs, distinct events and happenings, etc.) to warrant their own subforums in the same way Amberlynn does.

Is there maybe a way that the Tumblr subforum could be expanded to include Twitter, considering that the latter's basically turned into Tumblr 2: Tumblerer? There could be some use in funneling Tumblr-turned-Twitter content into its own place.
I thought Internet Famous covered Twitter.

Arctic Fox

You won't get past my wall.
kiwifarms.net
Tumblr has effectively died in terms of major influence, with Twitter absorbing most of the user-base, while other splinter sites like Pillow Fort have popped up for the snowflakes to call home. I don't think closing it is necessary, at least right now. The people stubborn enough to stay on Tumblr are entertaining enough, and many of the people we talk about here still use Tumblr. Like Jerry Peet/Lily Orchard as an example.

It might be different by the end of the year. But let's keep it for now. Don't forget the election is crawling ever closer, and if trump is re-elected the Tumblr Sub-forum will probably fucking explode.

Spooky Bones

🦴 🎺 🦴
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Can't we make a "snowflake" forum or something like that's more expansive than Tumblr? It could contain the general-topic tumblr threads certainly. Most of the Tumblr people with individual threads would qualify to move right over the rest would probably all be inactive lolcows. Most of the action with troons is on reddit and twitter now and some of them could definitely catch threads in such a forum (those who are not rat king--I'm not talking about making yet another forum for sexual deviants, but rather people who's persona is tumblresque/snowflakey rather than being defined by getting their tails wrapped around with other queers)

Jarolleon

kiwifarms.net
Tumblr has effectively died in terms of major influence, with Twitter absorbing most of the user-base, while other splinter sites like Pillow Fort have popped up for the snowflakes to call home. I don't think closing it is necessary, at least right now. The people stubborn enough to stay on Tumblr are entertaining enough, and many of the people we talk about here still use Tumblr. Like Jerry Peet/Lily Orchard as an example.

It might be different by the end of the year. But let's keep it for now. Don't forget the election is crawling ever closer, and if trump is re-elected the Tumblr Sub-forum will probably fucking explode.
Pillow fort? The tumblrettes are self-aware?

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Arctic Fox

left arm

I can't let my mii girlfriend beat me.
kiwifarms.net
Can't we make a "snowflake" forum or something like that's more expansive than Tumblr? It could contain the general-topic tumblr threads certainly. Most of the Tumblr people with individual threads would qualify to move right over the rest would probably all be inactive lolcows. Most of the action with troons is on reddit and twitter now and some of them could definitely catch threads in such a forum.
Just going to second you here, a snow globe would be a better idea going forward, and tumblr can just be a tag for any cow who has prominence on that site. I don't feel like the Tumblr forum sees much use these days save for a few cows. Maybe it's just me, but it feels like people just go to Community watch because there's a following of it in other communities (wheezes at people who have had real life encounters with these people), and that won't go away even if the forum is closed.

Also, definitely a case of varying mileage, but I notice way more of these "snowflakey" people on Twitter than I have on Tumblr.

Null

Ooperator
Patriarch
kiwifarms.net
It'd be @Meowthkip's call. I've looked into closing the board before, but it still has a dedicated following and Meowthkip is still active in it, so there's no problem to fix.

Re: Stephanie, uh, no idea who that is. Not a good sign for a new board.

neverendingmidi

it just goes on and on and on and on...
kiwifarms.net
Where could I put my silly Tumblr post screenshots if the Tumblr subforum gets closed? :(
I'd toss the random tumblr posts thread in the Community subforum.

It'd be @Meowthkip's call. I've looked into closing the board before, but it still has a dedicated following and Meowthkip is still active in it, so there's no problem to fix.

Re: Stephanie, uh, no idea who that is. Not a good sign for a new board.
Sapphire Crimson Claw/Stephanie Cianfriglia, and she needs more attention. She's a child grooming, ghost-fucking, FAS child confiscated from her mother who is in her mid 30's and pretty continuously sperges. She claims to be married to the ghosts of Richard Ramirez, Jeffrey Dalhmer, and Michael Jackson, with Heath Ledger popping up every so often. And she got fired from her last job for eating hand sanitizer when her bosses tried to discuss her work and dramatically claiming it was a suicide attempt.

Really she needs to be noticed by the general lolcow board.

Last edited:

Spedestrian

Demonically Possessed Ray-Ba᠎ns
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

The Pillow Fort would be a pretty killer name if we were going to transition the subforum from Tumblr to hyper-SJW social media hugboxes in general. Just sayin'.

Sperghetti

#waxmymeatballs
kiwifarms.net
I have to agree that if anything's done to that subforum, it should just be expanded to include the other Tumblr-adjacent SJW enclaves that Tumblr's former users fled to. Isn't Mastodon another one? Maybe just move any of the general watch threads for these sites into there as a catchall.

I got a kick out of @left arm calling it a snow globe.

Tags
None