College Football - Ohio and Alabama compete for most insufferable

Very Honest Content

(Formerly a) Niggo(?)
kiwifarms.net
How would you like to be in the tank as the GM of the Jaguars or Giants this year knowing Trevor Lawrence isn't draft eligible until some team other than yours in the NFL tanks even harder in 2020 and the top five pick you're getting ready to spend this year almost ensures he won't be there for you at the top of that draft because NFL parity is just too strong to overcome over a whole two pro seasons in a row?

gobbogobb

lol
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Fuck saban. You had one job.....

Idk whether Clemson overachieved or bama tanked but either way Clemson made Alabama look like absolute punks.

TiggerNits

Yankee vampire living off the blood of the poor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Fuck saban. You had one job.....

Idk whether Clemson overachieved or bama tanked but either way Clemson made Alabama look like absolute punks.
Dabo has the weirdest super power, he can break down Saban like no one else

TiggerNits

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
SEC champ, ACC champ, Big Ten Champ and the PAC-12 and Big 12 champs flip a coin, because Jalen Hurts isn't all that great and the PAC 12 finally makes payments on time to the selection committee

Very Honest Content

(Formerly a) Niggo(?)
kiwifarms.net
Well, it's time for a November necro of this thread because the defending champs are sitting outside looking in for at least another week as they keep that winning streak going.

OSU looks great so far but that back loaded schedule after these last two scrimmages is going to be tough to overcome.

LSU has battle tested itself and probably needs to be seeded #1 if the playoffs started today but still have a chance to not even win their division and shouldn't get a pass to the semifinals if they can't finally solve the Saban dilemma this weekend.

Alabama has the most direct path to semifinals but I wouldn't be shocked if they blow the SEC title game again against Georgia.

Penn State is just waiting for a fall and has been playing to their opponent's level all season long, never a great formula to win it all, although every once in a while you can survive doing that long enough to get your hands on the trophy.

Clemson, as far as I can tell, is being penalized for their division not keeping up with them and the rest of their conference being the usual hot mess of also ran teams, but Penn State getting the benefit of the doubt over them to this point is the most nonsensical thing I've seen in the playoff era.

Joe Burrow is going to attempt to become the first journeyman Heisman trophy winner this weekend, even though he's at best a Chris Weinke starter kit with a few years shaved off his inception date.

I'd give a one loss OU Big 12 champion, or a one loss Oregon or Utah Pac 12 champion, the playoff berth over a one loss SEC non champion, even if it's the LSU/Alabama winner who lost only in their conference title game, right now. The salt generated from the fan base left out would just be the seasoning bonus, the reason why would be you have to justify the existence of these cash grab conference championship games because otherwise, why bother at all with them if they don't mean anything for the postseason?

whatever I feel like

Disney Diaper Size Fetish Enthusiast
kiwifarms.net
Conference championship games suck, fuck em.

Speaking as a Penn State fan, I think we crush Goldie and his merry band of nobodies this weekend but it will take a massive stroke of luck to do anything against OSU two weeks after. Its taken a bit but we finally have gelled together into a great team this season but OSU is just such an amazingly dominant team.

Last edited:

Very Honest Content

(Formerly a) Niggo(?)
kiwifarms.net
That first interception where the coverage was right there, but the pass wasn't that poorly thrown and the defensive back made the play of most likely his lifetime on the ball to pick it off, that right there was when I realized Minnesota was going to play up to a level Penn State wasn't going to be able to beat playing down to on this road trip.

If you had told a Nittany Lions fan they were going to play three ranked teams in a row in November at the start of the year they'd have laughed in your face, but yet here they are looking at a let down spot and playing another top 25 team also off a bye week and now in possession of a brand new proven gameplan to execute to get a win themselves...don't let that inbound opponent's trip from Bloomington and Penix being out for the year fool you!

whatever I feel like

kiwifarms.net
That first interception where the coverage was right there, but the pass wasn't that poorly thrown and the defensive back made the play of most likely his lifetime on the ball to pick it off, that right there was when I realized Minnesota was going to play up to a level Penn State wasn't going to be able to beat playing down to on this road trip.
It still came down to the last play of the game and a dodgy call right before it. That said we were clearly beat by the film reviewers prior to the game starting, three ints against a heretofore safe offense doesn't come out of nowhere. Minn's coaching staff are unsung heroes in this.

And a very rare case of Franklin getting unneccessarily antsy at the half and making risky plays, usually he's the opposite, being too cautious with a small lead.

TiggerNits

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I hate Lane, but kinda like Leach, so it will make me cheer a little harder for one to beat Alabama instead of the other

The Real Taylor Swift

Darling, I'm a nightmare dressed like a daydream
kiwifarms.net
I love Leach, I read his autobiography a few years ago and really came to appreciate the crazy SOB. If he can do for State what he did for Wazzou its going to be very interesting in the SEC West for a while.

Lane is a love-hate. I love him for destroying UT for a few years, love that got left at LAX, hate what he did Offensively while at Nick Sabans School For Wayward Coaches, love the turnaround he had at FAU, and now love/hate the possibility oh making Ole Miss notable again. Also, I love that a very real possibility is he gets ran out of Oxford for knocking up some Boosters daughter. Hotty Toddy!

That being said, aint nobody winning against Bama in 2020, STACKED at the RB position, exciting QB battle coming up with one of the most prolific dual threat QBs coming out of high school, Tua Tagovailoa 2, and MAC JONES. Whos the real competition? Week 4 Georgia sans Jake Fromm State Farm? Even year Gus Bus fiery crash? LSU sans literally everyone? Aint happening, Roll Tide.

whatever I feel like

kiwifarms.net
The MS teams will continue to be bottomfeeders in that division. Someone has to do it and Arkansas isn't capable of going alone.

whatever I feel like

kiwifarms.net
The Big Ten just announced it was cancelling all OoC games for its fall team sports (aka football.) No news on if they will sit idle for those first three/four weeks or instead play a more complete B1G schedule.

Sucks donkey cocks for PSU, I really wanted to see that away game against V Tech.

Also, less importantly, Cal State announced a few weeks ago that they wouldn't have in person classes at ANY of their campuses. Which might mean that three MWC conference members don't play this year or it might not because contact football is more important than contact learning.

And, of course, most realistically, I am willing to bet that we don't get fall football at all, are people going to have made significant progress against Corona-chan's coof corps in only six weeks? I doubt it.

Army Burger

RIP John Lewis
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The Big Ten just announced it was cancelling all OoC games for its fall team sports (aka football.) No news on if they will sit idle for those first three/four weeks or instead play a more complete B1G schedule.

Sucks donkey cocks for PSU, I really wanted to see that away game against V Tech.

Also, less importantly, Cal State announced a few weeks ago that they wouldn't have in person classes at ANY of their campuses. Which might mean that three MWC conference members don't play this year or it might not because contact football is more important than contact learning.

And, of course, most realistically, I am willing to bet that we don't get fall football at all, are people going to have made significant progress against Corona-chan's coof corps in only six weeks? I doubt it.
The Ivy League cancelled all sports for the fall semester too.