Concerning Low Quality Posts - And some post etiquette recommendations

Vetti

idiot
Local Moderator
kiwifarms.net
Since this board's creation, I've noticed a trend: Ralph continues to become less and less active and less entertaining, while pertinent threads rapidly expand, regardless of whether or not he actually does anything noteworthy. I shouldn't have to explain why this is a bad thing, but I will anyway. The whole point of having individual threads, and of a dedicated board in general, is to spare users the trouble of sifting through the thousands of pages of bullshit to find relevant information, as is the case when searching through Ralph's old thread.

I've read complaints before about Gunt regulars engaging in "Twitter style conversations" with each other in threads, and about the majority of posts being unsubstantive one-liners, and, at the risk of sounding like the fun police, I'll agree that these habits do negatively impact the board. There are people here who post like this is a Discord or a livestream chat, and it isn't fun to browse through. Take for example, this mouthful that @RickestRickCriminal posted in the Warski thread, full screened for dramatic effect.
rickestrickcriminal.png

Notice anything wrong with it?
Fully expanded, the post is 43 lines of fucking babble. Reading it isn't helpful to anyone, and few will be entertained by it. Pointing that out may be mean, but it's the truth. A number of other users have similar posting habits that I find hard to stomach, but the purpose of this isn't to scorn a bunch of my fellow ayylawgs for past offenses; it is to hammer this point home:

In general, you shouldn't post if you don't have anything valuable to contribute to a conversation. Stringing twelve shitty quote responses together doesn't equal one good post, and nobody is interested in your tight 5. If a thread is dead and there's nothing to say in it, don't post solely for the purpose of making it appear active, or to see the page count increase. Try to be mindful of having side conversations with specific users in threads. It doesn't pay to fill places for public viewing with a bunch of messages that nobody but you and one other guy can respond to.

I feel like an ass writing this, but the number of low quality posts I've seen over the months has made me lose a lot of interest in gunt stuff. It's disheartening to see a thread bumped and to open it, only for the post to be completely inane and unenriching. I'm sure I'm not the only one who is bothered by this.
🗑️🎩🧩

Apologies to @RickestRickCriminal. Hate to use your for an example, but you were the perfect example.

Insanely Retarded

Corn enthusiast
kiwifarms.net
I think one of the worst habits people have is live commenting on the KS thread where they make comments like "Oh SHIT" or "Sure Ralph, I believe you", shit like that, without any context for anyone who is not watching the show at the same time, so when someone goes to read the thread later there's a bunch of posts that make zero sense and add absolutely nothing.
Sometimes the recaps help figure out what people were talking about, sometimes they don't but it really adds nothing if only the people watching and checking the thread at the exact same time as you know what you are referencing.
Not a huge deal, just a pet peeve and this seemed like the right place to bring it up.

High Tea

kiwifarms.net
If people have to include a ton of quotes, perhaps it could be spoilered?

In general agree about the one liners, but I think quite a few of us started posting that way in the old thread while watching the shows and videos together last summer. I think it's a little better since not so many people are paying attention to Ralph any more, but it's a tough habit to break. I know I need to get better about it, or at the very least putting the statements in context.

Iamthatis

That's great it starts with an earthquake.
kiwifarms.net
Since this board's creation, I've noticed a trend: Ralph continues to become less and less active and less entertaining, while pertinent threads rapidly expand, regardless of whether or not he actually does anything noteworthy. I shouldn't have to explain why this is a bad thing, but I will anyway. The whole point of having individual threads, and of a dedicated board in general, is to spare users the trouble of sifting through the thousands of pages of bullshit to find relevant information, as is the case when searching through Ralph's old thread.

I've read complaints before about Gunt regulars engaging in "Twitter style conversations" with each other in threads, and about the majority of posts being unsubstantive one-liners, and, at the risk of sounding like the fun police, I'll agree that these habits do negatively impact the board. There are people here who post like this is a Discord or a livestream chat, and it isn't fun to browse through. Take for example, this mouthful that @RickestRickCriminal posted in the Warski thread, full screened for dramatic effect.
View attachment 2087914
Fully expanded, the post is 43 lines of fucking babble. Reading it isn't helpful to anyone, and few will be entertained by it. Pointing that out may be mean, but it's the truth. A number of other users have similar posting habits that I find hard to stomach, but the purpose of this isn't to scorn a bunch of my fellow ayylawgs for past offenses; it is to hammer this point home:

In general, you shouldn't post if you don't have anything valuable to contribute to a conversation. Stringing twelve shitty quote responses together doesn't equal one good post, and nobody is interested in your tight 5. If a thread is dead and there's nothing to say in it, don't post solely for the purpose of making it appear active, or to see the page count increase. Try to be mindful of having side conversations with specific users in threads. It doesn't pay to fill places for public viewing with a bunch of messages that nobody but you and one other guy can respond to.

I feel like an ass writing this, but the number of low quality posts I've seen over the months has made me lose a lot of interest in gunt stuff. It's disheartening to see a thread bumped and to open it, only for the post to be completely inane and unenriching. I'm sure I'm not the only one who is bothered by this.
🗑️🎩🧩

Apologies to @RickestRickCriminal. Hate to use your for an example, but you were the perfect example.
Thanks for the huge wall of text. Good to know what you expect! You're a very important and influential person and you sure put everyone in their place! Good for you!

Bogen

kiwifarms.net

View attachment 2087914

🗑️🎩🧩

Dumb and gay

Delicious Diversity

Jiggles with RAGE
kiwifarms.net
Agreed. I used to be a pretty dedicated regular poster in the Ralph thread, because there was always a lot to say. I post a lot less these days because there generally just isn't much to say about Ralph lately. While most people here still make good contributions, I often click on a thread and find not much is really being said. Which certainly tests my interest and further discourages me from posting.

Now I do still regularly post inane comments and one-liners about Ralph, but I do it in the general chat or in PMs. The latter I have been told is 'gay ops' by some retards but I see it as just not shitting up the board. I think people should make use of those kinds of features if they want chill discussion.

None of us are perfect Gunt posters and nearly everyone here has added something positive to the board. I am certain Vetti feels that way and is not calling anyone out specifically. :gunt:

TriggerMeElmo

kiwifarms.net
Agreed. I used to be a pretty dedicated regular poster in the Ralph thread, because there was always a lot to say. I post a lot less these days because there generally just isn't much to say about Ralph lately. While most people here still make good contributions, I often click on a thread and find not much is really being said. Which certainly tests my interest and further discourages me from posting.

Now I do still regularly post inane comments and one-liners about Ralph, but I do it in the general chat or in PMs. The latter I have been told is 'gay ops' by some retards but I see it as just not shitting up the board. I think people should make use of those kinds of features if they want chill discussion.

None of us are perfect Gunt posters and nearly everyone here has added something positive to the board. I am certain Vetti feels that way and is not calling anyone out specifically. :gunt:
Well it's always a quality vs. quantity issue. I'm sure most people just gloss over shitposts anyway but if there has been complaints then I'd hope they've been addressed. The meta here is not to scold any particular person to put them on blast. Ironic shitposting is still shitposting. I have no problems with anyone here anyway or who says what minus some circumstances but I've always thought most people played by the rules or what Null's preference to how his forum is run.

Then again, this is why I don't want to be a janny.

Crystal Golem

Please stand by...
kiwifarms.net
You should fold this into the "navigating the gunt board" thread as a general intro thread or at least pin it that way people might actually be able to see it y'know once we all get tired of calling you janny or whatever.

Lore Master

kiwifarms.net
So @Vetti who determines this?

Screenshot 2021-04-15 085905.png

You? Others? Your post reads like an elitist faggot copy pasta. Like an arbiter of who considers whatever information or posts legitimate. Someone let being a moderator of a shitposting forum go to their head. This isn't Wikipedia faggot, this is a forum dedicated to laughing and fucking with lolcows. You should delete this thread and hope people forget how much of looking down his nose faggot you sound like in this post.

Meanwhile I see you lurking in the same fucking threads that are being derailed filled with those posts that are either not on target to the topic or virtually pointless and even taking part in them. Did someone rustle your jimmies lately or say something? So you spergposted about "forum etiquette"?

Also @Null you approves of this dumb shit?

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
So @Vetti who determines this?

View attachment 2089406

You? Others? Your post reads like an elitist faggot copy pasta. Like an arbiter of who considers whatever information or posts legitimate. Someone let being a moderator of a shitposting forum go to their head. This isn't Wikipedia faggot, this is a forum dedicated to laughing and fucking with lolcows. You should delete this thread and hope people forget how much of looking down his nose faggot you sound like in this post.

Meanwhile I see you lurking in the same fucking threads that are being derailed filled with those posts that are either not on target to the topic or virtually pointless and even taking part in them. Did someone rustle your jimmies lately or say something? So you spergposted about "forum etiquette"?

Also @Null you approves of this dumb shit?
Can you possibly be more of a cunt in your post?

This post wasn't passed before me for approval if that's what you're asking, but in general the philosophy is sitewide. "Don't post if you have nothing to say."