Concerning Low Quality Posts - And some post etiquette recommendations

Paddy O' Furniture

Corn Ops Veteran
kiwifarms.net
So @Vetti who determines this?

View attachment 2089406

You? Others? Your post reads like an elitist faggot copy pasta. Like an arbiter of who considers whatever information or posts legitimate. Someone let being a moderator of a shitposting forum go to their head. This isn't Wikipedia faggot, this is a forum dedicated to laughing and fucking with lolcows. You should delete this thread and hope people forget how much of looking down his nose faggot you sound like in this post.

Meanwhile I see you lurking in the same fucking threads that are being derailed filled with those posts that are either not on target to the topic or virtually pointless and even taking part in them. Did someone rustle your jimmies lately or say something? So you spergposted about "forum etiquette"?

Also @Null you approves of this dumb shit?
Your very own post is a good example of what Vetti is talking about since you're having a hard time grasping this. Adds nothing, shits up the thread with inane, rhetorical questions to spur more off-topic discussion. Pull your head out of your ass.

Lore Master

kiwifarms.net
Can you possibly be more of a cunt in your post?

This post wasn't passed before me for approval if that's what you're asking, but in general the philosophy is sitewide. "Don't post if you have nothing to say."
Who determines what is valuable and not valuable? That is a problem that I see here. If a poster makes a post it might be valuable or spark investigation or questions that might bring new things or ideas to light. I can agree with if someone posts a "LOL" or "meme" as a response to a quote, but to stop complete back and forth with the users here is stupid.

I can be more of a cunt yes. I get tired of people getting a position and thinking that they are hot shit.

Your very own post is a good example of what Vetti is talking about since you're having a hard time grasping this. Adds nothing, shits up the thread with inane, rhetorical questions to spur more off-topic discussion. Pull your head out of your ass.
Get it. Not allowed to have opinions other than the preapproved variety. I was on point thinking that it is faggotry. His post with the highlighted text says NOTHING about what is considered valuable, just I guess whatever the mods determine is valuable.

Mr.Logistics

kiwifarms.net
Part of the reason why I lurked for so long was that I didn't understand what "anything valuable" really meant in lamen terms for the site.

Call me an autist but maybe people need some guidelines or something for those who aren't sure, to stop and think about before they post. Like if you're about to drop a one-line question in a thread add a bit of context behind why you're asking so there is more to engage with etc.

Aaa0aaa0

batman is BLEEDING gotham dry!
kiwifarms.net
This almost makes me want a livechat where anyone with an account can join as the killstream is streamed. That way we can collect low quality reaction post ("I CLAPPED WHEN SOMEONE SAID GUNT"), lukewarm takes, and potential spergouts who are there just to a-log ralph in one honeypot.

Almost. There's no point, stoping shit tier posting is easier. People should join the kiwi fedverse for a gay livetweet session as ralph streams (and monitor for a-logs to laugh at).

Vetti

idiot
Local Moderator
kiwifarms.net
You should fold this into the "navigating the gunt board" thread as a general intro thread or at least pin it that way people might actually be able to see it y'know once we all get tired of calling you janny or whatever.
The post recommendations might go there. I didn't feel comfortable pinning this thread for the long haul since I specifically make an example out of @RickestRickCriminal , and I don't want to risk that becoming something that follows him.
Call me an autist but maybe people need some guidelines or something for those who aren't sure, to stop and think about before they post. Like if you're about to drop a one-line question in a thread add a bit of context behind why you're asking so there is more to engage with etc.
A set of basic rules I think would go a long way in helping posters figure out what a post should or shouldn't contain, or what it is or isn't expected to contain, etc. Unfortunately we don't have any specifically for this board at this time.
This almost makes me want a livechat where anyone with an account can join as the killstream is streamed. That way we can collect low quality reaction post ("I CLAPPED WHEN SOMEONE SAID GUNT"), lukewarm takes, and potential spergouts who are there just to a-log ralph in one honeypot.
If you're into the livechat during shows, you could participate on PhoBingas's stream snipe Bitwave. You can post in the chat as a guest if you don't feel like making an account.

Crystal Golem

Please stand by...
kiwifarms.net
The post recommendations might go there. I didn't feel comfortable pinning this thread for the long haul since I specifically make an example out of @RickestRickCriminal , and I don't want to risk that becoming something that follows him.
Gonna be real here holmes sounds like a vendetta against a user that annoyed you rather than a genuine reminder of the rules then.

Vetti

idiot
Local Moderator
kiwifarms.net
Gonna be real here holmes sounds like a vendetta against a user that annoyed you rather than a genuine reminder of the rules then.
It's not. Like I said originally, posting style has bothered me for a while, he posted something that would make a good example around the time of composition, so I took the opportunity to include it as a visual. No ill will towards the guy.

Bogen

kiwifarms.net
Some good stuff has started to happen this week thanks to the things considered shit posts. The only person I care about reading the Tardski thread is Tardski himself. Him seeing that it has been active has made him paranoid and thinking we got something brewing for him.

Really if we limit ourselves from posting anything redundant on that thread it'd go back to being dead. His current downward spiral has all the same notes as from previous downward spirals.

It's not. Like I said originally, posting style has bothered me for a while, he posted something that would make a good example around the time of composition, so I took the opportunity to include it as a visual. No ill will towards the guy.
Can you grade all our posts in the future? I wanna know what will get me a gold star from you.

1618498621538.png

Golden Boy

kiwifarms.net
Discord tier postings really hits the nail on the head. It feels just like that. And strangely enough the most egregious posters are the ones already in their discord cliques. I really don’t understand it. This should go without saying, but a forum should serve a different purpose than live reaction. Especially when there’s other places better suited for that content.
Who determines what is valuable and not valuable?

I like how you chose to take off the “contribute” part of “valuable to contribute” to be more outraged. Did you do it on purpose or is your brain just that smooth?

AltisticRight

Free 🌽 202 E 37th St VA, Richmond, 901-922-9912
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Generally, if the comment can be summarised with a sticker, it's useless.

Meanwhile I see you lurking in the same fucking threads that are being derailed filled with those posts that are either not on target to the topic or virtually pointless and even taking part in them.
Not really, what's supposed to be done? Delete them? Lock it? Nothing's gonna be enforced either way. If you've followed the other threads, you'll find yourself scrolling though lots of posts and rating the occasional funny meme or "following the herd" with something that has a lot of ratings. This isn't elitist or being mad, we can just nuke low quality posts, but that's not happening because it's better to just talk. I can promise you no one's "let being a moderator of a shitposting forum go to their head", zero bans no deletions. That's the opposite of what you've said.

I find your response odd, because your posts are pretty decent and usually on-topic, more so than even some of my shitty ones.

Now what I think works:
- When commenting on the gunt's stream "live", try to include a small reference (to what you're responding to) or better a timestamp
- I made this: https://kiwifarms.net/threads/hayterz-and-ayelawgz-appreciation-thread.88826/
DSP subforum and others include one of these, or something to the same affect

Last edited:

Iamthatis

That's great it starts with an earthquake.
kiwifarms.net
If everyone promises to be nice to blubberclips will you two get off your high horses?

Uncle Ben's

Perfect Every Time
kiwifarms.net

View attachment 2089406

You? Others? Your post reads like an elitist faggot copy pasta. Like an arbiter of who considers whatever information or posts legitimate. Someone let being a moderator of a shitposting forum go to their head. This isn't Wikipedia faggot, this is a forum dedicated to laughing and fucking with lolcows. You should delete this thread and hope people forget how much of looking down his nose faggot you sound like in this post.

Meanwhile I see you lurking in the same fucking threads that are being derailed filled with those posts that are either not on target to the topic or virtually pointless and even taking part in them. Did someone rustle your jimmies lately or say something? So you spergposted about "forum etiquette"?

Also @Null you approves of this dumb shit?
I despise traditional forum shit with mods and admins policing speech as much as the next imageboard alumnus, probably more in fact, and if I could will everyone who ever wrote "Pm'd you a fix ;)" or the usual shit you can think of to trip over and crack their skulls on a hard surface in minecraft I would have done so a decade ago.

All of that being said, the OP has gone into painstaking detail to say why this is a problem, how this is a problem, and that no action has been taken against the poster in question other than a "look, don't do this man". It's not power tripping if you have a fucking novella to read on why it's specifically a problem. Calm the fuck down.

Spectre_06

My views do not reflect the Kiwi Farms in any way.
kiwifarms.net
I despise traditional forum shit with mods and admins policing speech as much as the next imageboard alumnus, probably more in fact, and if I could will everyone who ever wrote "Pm'd you a fix ;)" or the usual shit you can think of to trip over and crack their skulls on a hard surface in minecraft I would have done so a decade ago.

All of that being said, the OP has gone into painstaking detail to say why this is a problem, how this is a problem, and that no action has been taken against the poster in question other than a "look, don't do this man". It's not power tripping if you have a fucking novella to read on why it's specifically a problem. Calm the fuck down.
A lot of it has to do with the fact that people like Ralph have created this animosity towards them simply for being thin-skinned bitches, and so we have people creating accounts here almost daily that don't seem to fit into the way the forum operates. It's a bunch of low-effort shitposting from many of these accounts, and there are even some ignoring the "we are not an autistic illuminati" rule looking to fuck with Ralph IRL and out of the blue. I'm sure every subforum when it was created had people like that join up--it's hard to believe, for example, that the Brianna Wu subforum didn't have a bunch of retards from Gaymergate join up just to call him a man and a faggot and offered nothing else to anything there. Likewise if you look at the Weeb Wars subforum it's clearly a containment area for the "balls or no balls on your futa" weebs who just need to come out and admit they will gladly such a tranny's dick day in and day out. Basically, if you see a low-effort post look at the join date of the account and you'll see that for Weeb Wars, 2019 join dates tend to be retards and here, 2020 join dates are the same. Low effort will always be low effort but I think there might be a correlation.

Bogen

kiwifarms.net
Basically, if you see a low-effort post look at the join date of the account and you'll see that for Weeb Wars, 2019 join dates tend to be retards and here, 2020 join dates are the same. Low effort will always be low effort but I think there might be a correlation.
So you old fagging bruh? Keep trying to hang on to your attempt to be an e-celeb Spectard you total vagina neck.