Concerning Low Quality Posts - And some post etiquette recommendations

Biden's Chosen

Support your Jewish community Support jewish news
kiwifarms.net
Who determines what is valuable and not valuable?
You could at least try to produce something valuable.

Better attempt to make a joke than attempt to make a moral crusade for free speech and equality, for example. You will never be equal and it's time that you accept the fact.

Spectre_06

My views do not reflect the Kiwi Farms in any way.
kiwifarms.net
Tbh I stopped following Ralph pretty quickly after the subforum was made because shit actually became harder to keep up with.
It became easier. The problem is that no one expected the fuck-ups to come so quickly. Could you imagine how much of a fucking abortion the main Ralph thread would be if all of this happened and we only had that thread to update us?

Sriracha

kiwifarms.net
At first I was going to start chimping out about singling out users but @RickestRickCriminal has accepted everything really graciously and has been understanding. You may not always be a quality user but you're a good user.

This post reminded me of some issues I had navigating the original thread when I was trying to get a basic timeline together and I think from this we can build basic etiquette rules for the sub-forum. I will post mortem that shit in my own time and give my own opinion on what is/isn't valuable, but I will say briefly that it wasn't new users that were particularly insufferable, but retarded name-fags (KOP for one) who would derail the thread for pages.

I understand why some people are upset, but sub-forums like the beauty parlour have their own rules so why should we be any different? It's also retarded to think that our jannies are elitist. Every single board except for ours is way more strictly policed, especially when it comes to autistic slapfights, but our jannies for the most part just let it go. They don't even permaban anyone except maybe that retard tranny pedophile Tommy Tooter.

I think the general posting guidelines in the navigation thread are a good start. I also really like containing mini gunt happenings in separate threads, much like how it's done for Hamberlyn. If people's issues are navigation, then it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a directory linking the separate threads in order of when they happened as well as a brief summary of the orbiters surrounding Ralph, inspired a little by this.

Agreed. I used to be a pretty dedicated regular poster in the Ralph thread, because there was always a lot to say. I post a lot less these days because there generally just isn't much to say about Ralph lately. While most people here still make good contributions, I often click on a thread and find not much is really being said. Which certainly tests my interest and further discourages me from posting.

Now I do still regularly post inane comments and one-liners about Ralph, but I do it in the general chat or in PMs. The latter I have been told is 'gay ops' by some retards but I see it as just not shitting up the board. I think people should make use of those kinds of features if they want chill discussion.

None of us are perfect Gunt posters and nearly everyone here has added something positive to the board. I am certain Vetti feels that way and is not calling anyone out specifically. :gunt:
I find the Gunt orbiters more interesting than Ethan himself. Dingo, Rand, Culture Warrior, Warski, Gator

AltisticRight

Free 🌽 202 E 37th St VA, Richmond, 901-922-9912
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Tbh I stopped following Ralph pretty quickly after the subforum was made because shit actually became harder to keep up with.
I would actually disagree, the dumpster thread was going 100-200 pages a day filled with comments such as "Ralph is fat his dick is small", while factual, it was a nightmare to navigate. I'm not gonna say it's any easier, but definitely easier than what we previous had. The worse thing is discussions will bleed into other IF threads, throwing everything off and derailing many threads simultaneously.

How about unlock his thread so that people can still discuss him, but make a new thread whenever something big or notable happens?
I suggested that, master jannies didn't like the idea. We have enough threads to segregate content, that large one is there as a historical relic to remind us how bloated the gunt was.

beautiful person

vaccinated
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I would actually disagree, the dumpster thread was going 100-200 pages a day filled with comments such as "Ralph is fat his dick is small", while factual, it was a nightmare to navigate. I'm not gonna say it's any easier, but definitely easier than what we previous had. The worse thing is discussions will bleed into other IF threads, throwing everything off and derailing many threads simultaneously.
I think for me it's that, I'm having to weed out content like I was in the megathread, but now I'm doing it across multiple threads and also having to weed out which threads are even worth weeding through.

Paddy O' Furniture

Corn Ops Veteran
kiwifarms.net

I suggested that, master jannies didn't like the idea. We have enough threads to segregate content, that large one is there as a historical relic to remind us how bloated the gunt was.
Every beached whale explodes at some point. That said, can any of the mods create new thread prefixes, the colored ones? I know on Xenforo that's usually restricted to admins unless otherwise set, but I've also never made a thread on KF.

AltisticRight

Free 🌽 202 E 37th St VA, Richmond, 901-922-9912
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Every beached whale explodes at some point. That said, can any of the mods create new thread prefixes, the colored ones? I know on Xenforo that's usually restricted to admins unless otherwise set, but I've also never made a thread on KF.
We'd have at least 2 more if that was the case. We'd also have brief rules written above the reply text box and polls. I only want one more prefix, which is "gunted", and also voting/polling.

We can probably wait it out. This is turning into another Jcaesar Senate thread, you can check that one to see answers to these questions in-depth.