Covid/mRNA Vaccine Info General - You Are Not "Vaccine Hesitant" For Using Critical Thinking

A_Skellington

🎺 🎺 🎺
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So question about the J&J vaccine in general, because I can't seem to find a good source.
Is it an RNA Vaccine or a traditional viron based vaccine?

Vecr

"nanoposts with 90° spatial rotational symmetries"
kiwifarms.net
So question about the J&J vaccine in general, because I can't seem to find a good source.
It uses mRNA the same way a virus does (it's a genetically modified virus), so it's pretty similar to the current mRNA vaccines but much more stable and can be stored in a basic refrigerator because the DNA only gets transcribed to mRNA inside your body, not at the manufacturing plant. Using viruses to deliver mRNA to cells has problems though, including vector immunity, where you get immune to the viral vector and that stops or majorly reduces the payload (mRNA -> proteins creation) and thus vaccine effectiveness. The clotting and allergic reactions are a problem as well. The tech is somewhat more tested, but you probably never got a viral vector vaccine before. The FDA has approved the viral vector Ebola vaccine in a non-emergency situation, and that's quite similar.

Otterly

Primark Primarch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Neither really. It’s an adenovirus vector with a DNA payload. The dna goes into the nucleus and produces the mRNA to make the spike subunit. Adenovirus vectors (I work with them, ironically) are Ok for some stuff, they do have their own issues though. But generally the vector is safeish . The payload however is still part of the spike and it’s the spike that’s causing the pathology . All these vaccines have the same flaws. Firstly they are causing a pulse of the thing that’s doing the harm in the body. Now if that’s contained to your muscle then you’ll likely be fine . BUT if that injection doesn’t stay at the site and that pulse of spike is being produced and exposed to vascular tissue that’s a problem. The other issue is purity of the mRNA product - the breakdown products themselves may be toxic or instable amd producing slightly different forms of that protein.
I’ve seen different reactions in people I know - some have nothing, others feel a bit crappy, one has a severe reaction. I suspect that the QC of vaccine batches will be critical (however as far as I know VAERS doesn’t correlate batch number meaning it’s going to hard to find ‘bad’ lots.) as will storage and if they have leakage at the site

teriyakiburns

Uncle O'Ruckus
kiwifarms.net
Neither really. It’s an adenovirus vector with a DNA payload. The dna goes into the nucleus and produces the mRNA to make the spike subunit. Adenovirus vectors (I work with them, ironically) are Ok for some stuff, they do have their own issues though. But generally the vector is safeish . The payload however is still part of the spike and it’s the spike that’s causing the pathology . All these vaccines have the same flaws. Firstly they are causing a pulse of the thing that’s doing the harm in the body. Now if that’s contained to your muscle then you’ll likely be fine . BUT if that injection doesn’t stay at the site and that pulse of spike is being produced and exposed to vascular tissue that’s a problem. The other issue is purity of the mRNA product - the breakdown products themselves may be toxic or instable amd producing slightly different forms of that protein.
I’ve seen different reactions in people I know - some have nothing, others feel a bit crappy, one has a severe reaction. I suspect that the QC of vaccine batches will be critical (however as far as I know VAERS doesn’t correlate batch number meaning it’s going to hard to find ‘bad’ lots.) as will storage and if they have leakage at the site
I honestly thought they'd modified the adenovirus to express the spike directly. The more you know...

Otterly

Primark Primarch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I honestly thought they'd modified the adenovirus to express the spike directly. The more you know...
As far as I know the virus has the gene for a very slightly modified spike s1 subunit in it. That is supposed to create spike proteins made by the cell, which are suppose to be anchored to the cell, and then antibodies are made to that. I think they tweaked the subunit to keep it ‘locked’ in a conformation they think is less harmful as well. The AZ vaccine is like this as well, and the two mRNA vaccines (Pfizer/moderna) are mRNA in a lipid vector.
Dino ax is supposed to be a killed / attenuated actual virus. I think the novavax one in development is some form of that too but don’t quote me on that.

Dude Weed

The Covid vaccines are killing people, refuse them
kiwifarms.net
The way I read it, the 3865 cases include everyone with at least one dose, so it also includes the 3546 cases with 2 doses. The number of people with only one dose would be 3865-3546=312 cases. Or 312+88=400 if you want to include those that have received the first dose <21 days prior.

So you've got 3.4% of the population with 400 delta cases (1 dose) and 4.5% of the population with 976 cases (0 doses), which would mean that those with one dose are only about 46% less likely to end up in emergency care with delta compared to those who are unvaccinated.
If anything it appears that vaccinated are more likely to catch covid than the non vaccinated.

Disheveled Human

It's gay to fight for rights you never had. Adapt.
kiwifarms.net
If anything it appears that vaccinated are more likely to catch covid than the non vaccinated.
Most developed nations have 70%-80% of the population vaccinated. I doubt the vaccine will stop you from getting it if you act stupid like share drinks and smokes with people or have sex with someone who is coughing up a lung. The fact of the matter is people vaccinated people seem to have better outcomes in the event they do end up catching it which is an argument in its favor.

Tridgeridoo

kiwifarms.net

The numbers say the exact opposite though.

If 4.5% of the 50+ population is unvaccinated, but the unvaccinated make up far more than 4.5% of the delta cases showing up in emergency care, that means they're statistically overrepresented.

Look, if at any given point 1% of all drivers on the road are drunk and 99% are sober, but those dying in car accidents are 10% drunk and 90% sober, does that mean sober drivers are at a higher risk for fatal car accidents?

Dude Weed

kiwifarms.net

If 4.5% of the 50+ population is unvaccinated, but the unvaccinated make up far more than 4.5% of the delta cases showing up in emergency care, that means they're statistically overrepresented.

Look, if at any given point 1% of all drivers on the road are drunk and 99% are sober, but those dying in car accidents are 10% drunk and 90% sober, does that mean sober drivers are at a higher risk for fatal car accidents?
I don't trust the numbers government is giving us in fact I would not be surprised if they reversed the numbers to make their vaccines look good.

knobslobbin

survivorship bias
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Assuming the testing for both groups is the same (it's not) and assuming the test doesn't have a huge false positive rate (it does).

A better metric to look at is comparing countries with low vaccination rates to high ones. It is concerning to say the least.

Disheveled Human

It's gay to fight for rights you never had. Adapt.
kiwifarms.net
A better metric to look at is comparing countries with low vaccination rates to high ones. It is concerning to say the least.
I'ts not a good metric, the countries with low vaccinations are also the countries with the worst medical infrastructures so its not like they have accurate concrete data and competent and thorough testing.

Tridgeridoo

kiwifarms.net
I don't trust the numbers government is giving us in fact I would not be surprised if they reversed the numbers to make their vaccines look good.

That's a completely different argument than the one you were making before.

You were saying that the numbers make the vaccine look bad, I disagreed, and now you're saying that the numbers only make the vaccine look good because the government is lying. Is that how it works now? If the numbers confirm your belief, they're trustworthy, and if they don't, the exact same numbers are fake.

Dude Weed

kiwifarms.net
That's a completely different argument than the one you were making before.

You were saying that the numbers make the vaccine look bad, I disagreed, and now you're saying that the numbers only make the vaccine look good because the government is lying. Is that how it works now? If the numbers confirm your belief, they're trustworthy, and if they don't, the exact same numbers are fake.
Just my opinion why are you mad?

EyelessMC

kiwifarms.net
HUGE UPDATE TO THE OP
Can't believe I missed this for a week but apparently the government is taking aim at Section 230 to further control the spread of information about the vaccine. The new reoccurring phrase is "pandemic of the unvaccinated". We heard it from the CDC executive and now from the President himself. Things are ramping up bad.
government insanity 1.png
government insanity 2.png

Well, I guess according to the President we're all killers in this thread. Congrats guys, especially those of you who posted updates, information and lent their analysis of data and/or expertise. Well done, you...

RomanesEuntDomus

Kiwifarms hauseigener Quotennager
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
[citation needed]
Citation: "My ass"
Well okay then. :story:

A Pox

kiwifarms.net
HUGE UPDATE TO THE OP
Can't believe I missed this for a week but apparently the government is taking aim at Section 230 to further control the spread of information about the vaccine. The new reoccurring phrase is "pandemic of the unvaccinated". We heard it from the CDC executive and now from the President himself. Things are ramping up bad.
View attachment 2373846View attachment 2373847

Well, I guess according to the President we're all killers in this thread. Congrats guys, especially those of you who posted updates, information and lent their analysis of data and/or expertise. Well done, you...

Paging @Null for his biannual sperg out over Section 230