Current issues with the market - Any ideas on avoiding the end?

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon.

Overly Serious

kiwifarms.net
So I have a question of the hyper-inflation, collapse-of-economy, doom-prophets in this thread. And it's not disputing it might happen, but rather who it happens to first? Where does this kick off? The USA? China? EU? UK? And when that first domino falls, how and how quickly does it start knocking down the rest.

When the flood comes, what countries do people think will survive and become the islands that the moneyed people cling to?

An Avenging Bird

Lean in snorted
kiwifarms.net
So I have a question of the hyper-inflation, collapse-of-economy, doom-prophets in this thread. And it's not disputing it might happen, but rather who it happens to first? Where does this kick off? The USA? China? EU? UK? And when that first domino falls, how and how quickly does it start knocking down the rest.

When the flood comes, what countries do people think will survive and become the islands that the moneyed people cling to?
You asked so I'll say this, at least in China they are somewhat attempting to keep their economy churning.
In the US, it is trying to get up from the ground and there is the government and central banking interests to kick it in the face harder.
Once normies can't get their dozen Hungry Man or whatever the fuck and the rest of the store starts clearing, it's gonna get ugly really fast.
Even Costco right now is legit 80% clothing.
Then on top of all that, getting fired for not getting a unapproved EUA shot.

TL;DR USA will fall soon and quickly so have food, water, and warm clothing ready.

Overly Serious

kiwifarms.net
You asked so I'll say this, at least in China they are somewhat attempting to keep their economy churning.
In the US, it is trying to get up from the ground and there is the government and central banking interests to kick it in the face harder.
Once normies can't get their dozen Hungry Man or whatever the fuck and the rest of the store starts clearing, it's gonna get ugly really fast.
Even Costco right now is legit 80% clothing.
Then on top of all that, getting fired for not getting a unapproved EUA shot.

TL;DR USA will fall soon and quickly so have food, water, and warm clothing ready.

Thanks for the reply. I'm not in the USA so I'm wondering if the world's leading economy blows up what countries go down with it and which ones provide a safe haven (if any). I guess that's what I'm really getting at. Do we think the US blows up first or China?

DumbDude42

kiwifarms.net
Thanks for the reply. I'm not in the USA so I'm wondering if the world's leading economy blows up what countries go down with it and which ones provide a safe haven (if any). I guess that's what I'm really getting at. Do we think the US blows up first or China?
in my opinion china is in a bad position but their government has the power and the will to keep it from collapsing at any cost. china won't be the one where the collapse starts.
america is shaky in different ways, and their government is self-destructive, ran by people who either don't give a shit about the countrys future or outright hate it.

based on that i think if a collapse happens (which i can't really tell for sure) it will be america which goes down first. that will then lead to a huge loss of trade volume for china, which might then push china over the edge as well.

Overly Serious

kiwifarms.net
in my opinion china is in a bad position but their government has the power and the will to keep it from collapsing at any cost. china won't be the one where the collapse starts.
america is shaky in different ways, and their government is self-destructive, ran by people who either don't give a shit about the countrys future or outright hate it.

based on that i think if a collapse happens (which i can't really tell for sure) it will be america which goes down first. that will then lead to a huge loss of trade volume for china, which might then push china over the edge as well.

Thoughts on UK and EU? That whole "when Wallstreet sneezes, the rest of the world catches cold" notion.

An Avenging Bird

Lean in snorted
kiwifarms.net
I will push a bit further if I may.
Remember also that all this is Agenda 21/2030 playing out and the West has to be obliterated so global government can be viewed as the savior.
And the Bond villain Klaus Schwab who lead the way on that is also pushing the lockdowns and supply chain catastrophe.

This is why Covid was so convenient for these interests in that it destroyed the American economy, got rid of Trump through mail in balloting and with him American strength and independence, and can be used endlessly to strip away liberties as seen in New South Wales and Victoria.
Then lo and behold, here's this digital ID which can be used for your convenience...it'll just have your financial info, internet access, social credit score, vaccination ID on it and if you step out of line, well you get it.

What we're basically saying is the developed nations will be crushed, and shit rolls downhill so all others will soon follow.

Stoneheart

Well hung, and snow white tan
kiwifarms.net
So i got my shift sheets for the rest of the month today, there will be no production for atleast ther next 2 weeks...
that means, brace for impact, everything will get more expensive. also if you find something to bet on nordstream 2 starting to transport natural gas, bet on it. homebase is livid and the word on the street is that they called every politician to make it clear that they will make sure to end the political future of anybody in europe trying to stop it.
Alot of politicians will not get their yearly wine bribe because of their failure to get the gas prices under controll...

mindlessobserver

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Phase 3 has begun. I purchased the rifle and case of Ammo. Standard Armalite Rifle, 5.56 NATO. Basic bitch really. Nothing fancy. Something I can use for property defense and hunting with a basic caliber that has plenty of supply. Also iron sights. Not going to rely on fancy batteries or electricity for this purchase. It was ominous though. The sporting goods store had over a hundred of them on display stacked to the ceiling. They apparently expect to sell alot of them.

In the end game now. My plans are to finish amassing precious metals and ammunition. As well as food. Crypto is secondary at this point as I think it has MASSIVE exposure to what is about to happen in Asia. All asset savings are aimed at preserving my mortgage for the next 2 years. If drastic measures are needed beyond that paying some bank a thousand miles away will probably be the least of my problems. Prepare for the worst. Hope for the best.

Last edited:

DumbDude42

kiwifarms.net
Phase 3 has begun. I purchased the rifle and case of Ammo. Standard Armalite Rifle, 5.56 NATO. Basic bitch really. Nothing fancy. Something I can use for property defense and hunting with a basic caliber that has plenty of supply. Also iron sights. Not going to rely on fancy batteries or electricity for this purchase. It was ominous though. The sporting goods store had over a hundred of them on display stacked to the ceiling. They apparently expect to sell alot of them.

In the end game now. My plans are to finish amassing precious metals and ammunition. As well as food. Crypto is secondary at this point as I think it has MASSIVE exposure to what is about to happen in Asia. All asset savings are aimed at preserving my mortgage for the next 2 years. If drastic measures are needed beyond that paying some bank a thousand miles away will probably be the least of my problems. Prepare for the worst. Hope for the best.
you can't even imagine how fucking jealous i am of you americans right now

Hollywood Hulk Hogan

nWo 4 LyFe
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Anyone who says they know is wrong. If you knew how to predict that shit, you'd be rich as hell and wouldn't tell anyone else

PK Shitstorm

Now featuring: Yang Gang from A&N
kiwifarms.net

Before covid and all of the shenanigans that followed people where very eagerly pointing at Italy, not sure why but it seems Italy collapsing was being pushed as the starting sign of the end of the world in several articles

mindlessobserver

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Before covid and all of the shenanigans that followed people where very eagerly pointing at Italy, not sure why but it seems Italy collapsing was being pushed as the starting sign of the end of the world in several articles
It's because among the advanced economies Italy had one of the largest debt to GDP ratios. Since the US Covid spending however, pointing out that statistic has become "problematic" don't worry though. Italy like everyone else is over leveraged to a frightening degree.

Leotardo DaVinci

Clothes are meant to be worn!
kiwifarms.net
Anyone who says they know is wrong. If you knew how to predict that shit, you'd be rich as hell and wouldn't tell anyone else
Yes but we can predict it pretty damn well. Obviously no one can call exactly what country/industry will kick things off, but sure as hell Financial services in the United States TEND to be the golden goose of global economic collapse, that's for sure.

Hollywood Hulk Hogan

nWo 4 LyFe
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yes but we can predict it pretty damn well. Obviously no one can call exactly what country/industry will kick things off, but sure as hell Financial services in the United States TEND to be the golden goose of global economic collapse, that's for sure.
People have been predicting the collapse of society for decades, probably centuries.

People have been predicting the stock market collapse also for decades. People have been waiting for the market to really crash since 2011, although it did briefly in 2020 it recovered in a month.

I mean, eventually someone is going to be right, but trying to predict the market's behavior is completely foolish behavior

Leotardo DaVinci

Clothes are meant to be worn!
kiwifarms.net
People have been predicting the collapse of society for decades, probably centuries.

People have been predicting the stock market collapse also for decades. People have been waiting for the market to really crash since 2011, although it did briefly in 2020 it recovered in a month.

I mean, eventually someone is going to be right, but trying to predict the market's behavior is completely foolish behavior
When I mean predict, I don't mean just generalisations, I mean actual shorts placed on indexes and other instruments that are indicative of greater global economic turmoil.

I completely agree that it's something people always predict the end (because that's how we are as people), but I mean more from a financial perspective.

Aqua Panda

I've seen horrors... horrors that you've seen.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I find it really interesting that we are basically going to experience stagflation from the 70's again. (Also makes the Biden = Carter 2.0 comparisons even more apt.) From a historical perspective, it's insane how much the 2020's appear to be setup to mirror the 1970's.

A lot will depend of how cold a winter it is this year in America. That recent report heating prices will be 54% higher worries me deeply. A major cold front or another polar vortex (Like over Texas last year) could trigger not only massive heating bills but deaths in the thousands from people who can't afford to turn on the heat.

The barren shelves are going to become a bigger and bigger issue. Especially once major medications start to get hit. Insulin is almost completely sold out in my area with no known restock date. That's going to leave potentially thousands unable to manage medical issues like diabetes. Inflation is FAR beyond 8% and may very well be quite far into double digits at this point. I've personally seen prices on just about everything jump 1-2 dollars at the grocery store.

To top it all off, housing has become impossible for large swaths of the country. Minimum downpayments are in the 50-90k range and most people can't even bear a sudden $500 emergency expense. Even small 1300 square foot places are going for 200k+ ffs. And I still am seeing jobs posted for $8 an hour. :stress:

Keep watch of the VA governor race on November 2nd. It's going to be a barometer for the midterms. Biden isn't even done with the first year of his Presidency and is looking at 36% approval numbers. (Aka numbers we haven't seen sustained since the later half of W's second term when he was universally toxic.) It could be a massive bloodbath.

Last edited:

An Avenging Bird

Lean in snorted
kiwifarms.net

Make sure you have some way not dependent on electricity to boil water.
And also light a fire.

Crypto will shit the bed since the general consumer, typically required to FOMO in and drive the parabolic push, will instead be spending money on food and other essentials in a mile long line stretching out the door into 20 degree weather.

mindlessobserver

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Make sure you have some way not dependent on electricity to boil water.
And also light a fire.

Crypto will shit the bed since the general consumer, typically required to FOMO in and drive the parabolic push, will instead be spending money on food and other essentials in a mile long line stretching out the door into 20 degree weather.
Made sure of that when I bought my house. It has an independent well system and while the internals require power after the pressure is lowered, there is also a direct connection to the well in the backyard via a spigot.