Current issues with the market - Any ideas on avoiding the end?

• Registration without invitation will be until July 4th, and we are reforming account penalties.

MalwareBytes has, again, blocked both the .net and .cc domains for the Kiwi Farms. Complain to them, not me.

mindlessobserver

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I fucking hate that "[x] thing is happening-and that's good/bad" title format so much. You know your argument's shit when you have to lead people like that before they even actually read your article.

EDIT: Also bonus points for the "experts say" horseshit to divorce themselves from taking responsibility for their idiotic takes. For people that got a bachelor's or master's in writing, these journalists sure suck at it.
They need the cattle to keep consooming. Savings aren't making corporations and banks any money. It's a truly fucked in the head short term profits over long term growth model that is going to break the economy sooner rather then later. For example, if middle class urban yuppies stopped drinking so many expensive craft beers and coffees from graduation to the age of 32, that ALONE would be enough for the down-payment on a house, which over the long term would lead to a much more financially stable and productive household. As opposed to a wage slave buying funky pops, demanding rent controls and student loan debt forgiveness.

Public and Corporate policy is entirely to blame. It's impossible for them to see past the next quarterly financial statement or election and the end result is a stagnate economy that only is growing due to massive amounts of increasingly unsustainable debt.

Quindoll

kiwifarms.net
I hope it goes further down since I have to buy for the foreseeable future (decades). My funds had their ex-dividend date on Thursday last week, which I missed. So I increased my shares by roughly 1.5 k each for both my Japan fund and the European fund. The saving plan for US stocks is kept running like it always has been.

At the end of this month I will increase my shares in the global small cap fund by 1.2 - 1.3 k as soon as I get my paycheck.

I have no debts and little to no financial obligations. So I am really looking forward towards a long bear market.

Edit:
They need the cattle to keep consooming. Savings aren't making corporations and banks any money. It's a truly fucked in the head short term profits over long term growth model that is going to break the economy sooner rather then later. For example, if middle class urban yuppies stopped drinking so many expensive craft beers and coffees from graduation to the age of 32, that ALONE would be enough for the down-payment on a house, which over the long term would lead to a much more financially stable and productive household. As opposed to a wage slave buying funky pops, demanding rent controls and student loan debt forgiveness.

Public and Corporate policy is entirely to blame. It's impossible for them to see past the next quarterly financial statement or election and the end result is a stagnate economy that only is growing due to massive amounts of increasingly unsustainable debt.
I have to disagree a bit on that one. For some savings methods (if we include stock purchases for example) the once saving is the other persons income. Because someone has to sell shares in order for me to be able to buy them.

I do agree that most people are absolutely shit at finance. Basic math to keep a budget seems to be to much for some. It's sad because it does not even have to be about saving money, but about what you want to spend your money on. What is important in life for you. If you like travel go for it, but do not waste 50 bucks a month an Starbucks coffee unless you really want to and made a somewhat aware decision about it.
That's why I always ask if people keep a budget when they complain about money. Most sadly do not.

When it comes to long-term investing:
I think when it comes to stock companies that did change a lot in the last few years. Nowadays most major shareholders are (mostly) index fund companies like Vanguard or Blackrock. These usually have a long-term view as they propose the same view towards their investors. The short term view was a basic talking point of the left a few decades ago, but seems to become more and more obsolete.
When it comes to politics I agree again. First priority for a politician is to get elected. Second to get reelected. Sadly a lot of good initiatives take years to produce results.

Last edited:

Retink

the retard is Straight Frogging in a gay month.
kiwifarms.net
It does make sense considering the fact that they're purposefully detonating the global financial system. Why save today when it'll buy you 20% less by next year?
Saving doesn't have to be simply money sitting in a bank account. Sure, you want some form of an emergency fund but you can place your money into various assets instead of consumables and "experiences" .

I hope it goes further down since I have to buy for the foreseeable future (decades). My funds had their ex-dividend date on Thursday last week, which I missed. So I increased my shares by roughly 1.5 k each for both my Japan fund and the European fund. The saving plan for US stocks is kept running like it always has been.
What funds do you hold in Japan? That's one place I don't really have a lot going on in terms of holdings.

Quindoll

kiwifarms.net
Saving doesn't have to be simply money sitting in a bank account. Sure, you want some form of an emergency fund but you can place your money into various assets instead of consumables and "experiences" .

What funds do you hold in Japan? That's one place I don't really have a lot going on in terms of holdings.
Just a FTSE Japan ETF from Vanguard. Nothing special. I doubt you can do much with the information of the fund since it's specifically for the European market.

This website has all the relevant information about the index. Not much to add here.

vern

kiwifarms.net
I often wonder if its better to try and find a way to invest into private companies since I've heard they aren't as tied down to quarterly statements as most publicly traded ones and aren't as zealous at maintaining a good ESG score to secure funding from companies like Blackrock.

But private investing is probably a bigger gamble then most shitcoins when it comes to small businesses and the bigger ones won't even look your way unless you meet some stupidly high requirements (I think it was either make $300k a year , have a net worth of over $1 million, or get a special loicense for that)

Last edited:

eternal dog mongler

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It doesn't even make sense. "Things are crazy right now so I'm not going to save" What? Instability is a big part of why you should save.
The quote's specifically about saving for retirement. The oldest millenials are 41 right now. Assuming retirement at age 67, that's in 2048.

I don't really blame them.

兄貴 Forevermore

You got me mad now!
kiwifarms.net
I often wonder if its better to try and find a way to invest into private companies since I've heard they aren't as tied down to quarterly statements as most publicly traded ones and aren't as zealous at maintaining a good ESG score to secure funding from companies like Blackrock.

But private investing is probably a bigger gamble then most shitcoins when it comes to small businesses and the bigger ones won't even look your way unless you meet some stupidly high requirements (I think it was either make $300k a year , have a net worth of over $1 million, or get a special loicense for that)
You need a license? I've seen verbal handshake deals before.

Spasticus Autisticus

kiwifarms.net
You need a license? I've seen verbal handshake deals before.
Private companies aren't legally obliged to open their books to the extent that public companies are, thus private companies can get away with shady financial practices that would otherwise land their execs in federal prison. Having a high enough income and/or net worth qualifies you as an "accredited investor" which is basically a special status where the SEC says that you can invest in non-traditional assets such as private equity and hedge funds, but if you lose your shirt, too bad, it's your own damn fault and you're rich anyway so who gives a shit (oversimplifying a bit, criminal fraud can still be pursued in some cases, but the protections you have as an accredited investor in non-traditional assets are far less than Joe Blow investing in a 401k)

Retink

the retard is Straight Frogging in a gay month.
kiwifarms.net
Private companies aren't legally obliged to open their books to the extent that public companies are, thus private companies can get away with shady financial practices that would otherwise land their execs in federal prison. Having a high enough income and/or net worth qualifies you as an "accredited investor" which is basically a special status where the SEC says that you can invest in non-traditional assets such as private equity and hedge funds, but if you lose your shirt, too bad, it's your own damn fault and you're rich anyway so who gives a shit (oversimplifying a bit, criminal fraud can still be pursued in some cases, but the protections you have as an accredited investor in non-traditional assets are far less than Joe Blow investing in a 401k)
You can also get a controversial thing called a "Big Boy Letter" which basically shows how much normies are like children that to get outside of the traditional crap offered to them they need something so patronizing. It also shows how much the government system views its subjects with contempt.

Oxous

kiwifarms.net
My current issue with the market is FTX bailing out Voyager and BlockFi. That's kinda gay, not gonna lie. It would be healthier to let them maybe die than to save them from their own poor judgement and ensure they'll be around the next time shit hits the fan, but with even more money at risk. However I don't think an FTX bailout will get Voyager out of the woods just yet.
1655914064456.png

NoReturn

CEO Wash & Smash llc.
kiwifarms.net
Anyone with more knowledge/information want to comment on the stuff in this video? Both the host's comments and that of the white house representatives?
The part that got me was "We're not in a recession right now, we're in a transition."

tehpope

Wig Out | Archivist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Anyone with more knowledge/information want to comment on the stuff in this video? Both the host's comments and that of the white house representatives?
The part that got me was "We're not in a recession right now, we're in a transition."
Biden and his admin fucking lie all the time. This guy is on point. A lot of people from Major Banks have been saying for the last year or so we're heading for a recession.

xX_rAcE_wAr_420_Xx

Don't vote your conscience, vote out of spite
kiwifarms.net
Well my index funds got kind of dicked. If I had cashed out in winter like a smart person who followed prices and realized ~10% in a bit under a year, I'd be eagerly anticipating the drop. Instead I'm looking forward to not touching it for half a decade and getting familiar with my old friend rice and beans.

At least I didn't buy Bitcoin I guess?

It does bother me that if I had sold and bought back at the (future theoretical) dip I could have easily made a bunch of money, but I suppose that's true of all investing and hindsight.

trent

kiwifarms.net

They seem to find a different person from JPMorgan every other day to either predict a cataclysmic recession or just say it's a temporary bump in the road that'll all be over by the end of the summer.

Someone on the inside is going to make a ton of money off of whatever it is that's actually happening.