"Current year" terms that piss you off -

MerriedxReldnahc

#1 Wogglebug Fan
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So many things than annoy me have been listed already (one of my college professors often used latinx, problematic, unpack and mansplain-y in addition to discussing Afro-Cuban history by means of a Beyonce video. It was hell.) but I've always found misuse of the word "troll" really grating.
The people who are most staunchly opposed to internet trolls tend to be the people with the worst comprehension of what a troll is.

Last edited:

Meat Poultry Veg

The staff of life
kiwifarms.net
"Abrahamic."

The term is actually quite older than [CURRENT YEAR] but it describes the three major world Monotheisms: Judaism, Christianity and Islam. In my opinion it is a slur against all three religions because despite the common basis of one God and a patriarch named Abraham, it papers over their massive differences.

But just to be real, it is a rhetorical device by liberals and atheists to lump their primary religious enemies (Christians) with violent useful idiots (Muslims).

jagube

Big Tech loves girl dick
kiwifarms.net

GeneralFriendliness

General of Dokar's Soy-Slayer Regiment
kiwifarms.net
These aren't exactly terms, but I'm really sick of these Floss dances.

Every week online or IRL I see not just kids but full grown college pansies and hipsters running around doing these fucking dances in stores, fast food places or while crossing the road. Shit got so bad a school in the UK had to ban the Floss (although they did it for a stupid reason in that its "intimidating", yeah real fucking scary shit right here), although news articles mentioning "brits banning floss" is rather funny.

The Current Year's L dance is just self-deprecation.

Last edited:

Jimboree

Look up "432hz healing frequency"
kiwifarms.net
"Neurotypical". Same boat as cisgender, but for autists. Kinda stretching the topic here since not a lot of people are going around crying about autism in the same way that people are crying about transsexualism, but the word is just as bad.

On a related note, I wish these progressive types would try and work their "slang" words into actually sounding like slang instead of just using the academic terms. Using words like "marginalized", "intersectional", "microagressions", and so on in normal conversation always comes off as snobbish and pretentious.

These recent additions are even worse, for example I know latinx has been brought up by multiple people already but HOLY SHIT. The entire idea behind that word disregards all conventions of both English and Spanish, as if the person who thought it up was both mute and deaf. The fuckers could have just as easily done something like latin-e, something that could be realistically used in everyday conversation, yet they gotta go use -x because it's "crossing out the gender". Fuck that.

Meat Poultry Veg

The staff of life
kiwifarms.net
These recent additions are even worse, for example I know latinx has been brought up by multiple people already but HOLY SHIT. The entire idea behind that word disregards all conventions of both English and Spanish, as if the person who thought it up was both mute and deaf. The fuckers could have just as easily done something like latin-e, something that could be realistically used in everyday conversation, yet they gotta go use -x because it's "crossing out the gender". Fuck that.
I'm tempted to call them latwinks just to spite them.

JambledUpWords

Gorl who loves orange chicken
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This one is more a peeve in journalism and journalistic integrity, but I hate it when there’s some tragedy and some of the headlines read “(insert tradgedy here) (insert marginalized group du jour) affected the most”

It’s pandering and it’s stupid

Last edited:

Fat Pikachu

I think MOTI MOTI likes you!
kiwifarms.net
"Freeze Peach" Why this sucks and why anyone who uses it unironically needs to go neck themselves is self explanatory.
This and "Noah Fence"
This one is more a peeve in journalism and journalistic integrity, but I hate it when there’s some tragedy and some of the headlines read “(insert tradgedy here) (insert marginalized group du jour) affected the most)”

It’s pandering and it’s stupid
You mean like the "this is how climate change is racist" thing that makes the rounds every couple months?

jawze

たまらんねぇ
kiwifarms.net
To sum up what many are saying: ebonics/ghetto speak. I don't understand "hit or miss" at all.

The following terms/styles really get on my nerves:
  • I'M SCREAMING/HOWLING - I can't help but picture the person typing as a drooling moron screeching at their computer.
  • when ummm pEOPLE TyPE li KE TH SI!!!!1!1!!!!
  • Speaking exclusively in memes - learn how to communicate, you fucking mong. Go outside.

PsychoNerd054

Green people are so sexy!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Speciesism”. A term that was coined by vegans. It basically means that humans and animals are equal and therefore, shouldn’t say anything “demeaning” like “kill two birds with one stone” because all animals are innocent (according to some vegans)
That's one I forgot to mention. While I am against cruelty towards animals, to say that animals have "rights" just seems so absurd, especially when you consider the fact that animals simply don't live the same way humans do to begin with. They just simply have different behaviors, instincts, etc. It's already impossible for every person on the planet to treat everybody else fair, let alone for humanity to give animals "equal rights".

Interestingly, this kind of leads me to another one that seems to be overlooked a lot, the word "rights". People just love to throw around this word all the damn time as if by saying they have to do X, Y, and Z actually means that they should be doing it without question. It also seems to be used a lot when referring to some group of people, animals, what have you that is deemed "prejudiced". In other words, to give things rights simply means you don't say shit about or interfere with "underprivileged" groups, ever.

Fat Pikachu

I think MOTI MOTI likes you!
kiwifarms.net
- In addition to speaking in memes: quoting vines, any vine, I don't care how rare they are. It's dead, let it go. You're not funny.
- When people? Phrase everything as a question? When they're trying to be sassy???
- Spelling "small" as "smol", "tall" as "tol", "boy" as "boi", etc.
- "Problematic"
- "XYZ is cancelled"

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino