Curt Schilling 'absolutely considering' running for Congress in Arizona -

Richou

kiwifarms.net
Archive
Former Arizona Diamondbacks legend and outspoken conservative Curt Schilling said he is "absolutely considering" running for Congress in Arizona against one of the state's five Democrats.

In a statement to The Arizona Republic, the former pitcher acknowledged he is weighing whether to enter politics. Schilling, an Arizona native who identifies himself as a Massachusetts resident, did not make clear which district he is considering.

"Not ready to do any of that right now. If/When things solidify I will but right now it's something in the 'I'm considering it' stage," Schilling wrote in an email.

"The state is not the state I grew up in. Making Arizona citizens of EVERY Race, religion and sexual orientation 2nd class citizens to illegal immigrants is about as anti-American as it gets," he continued. "When you have homeless veterans, children, and you're spending tax dollars on people smuggling drugs and children across our border someone in charge needs their ass kicked."

Schilling opened speculation about his political future after an interview Sunday with Armed American Radio’s Mark Walters.

"I haven’t said anything publicly, but I’m considering going back to Arizona and running for a congressional seat, one of the blue ones," he said Sunday. "It’s something that my wife and I have talked about, and she’s now becoming more and more pumped at the potential. Obviously, we’re still quite a few discussions away, but yeah, it’s something we’re absolutely considering."

Schilling, one of the World Series stars for the 2001 Diamondbacks and 2004 Boston Red Sox, has long stood out as one of the most prominent conservative voices in sports.

He endorsed President George W. Bush over then-Massachusetts Sen. John Kerry on national TV within days of the Red Sox winning their first championship in 86 years and after his career-defining game pitching in a bloodied sock.

These days, Schilling is an outspoken supporter of President Donald Trump who made a recent campaign appearance for Brandon Martin, a Republican running in a Tucson-area district against Rep. Ann Kirkpatrick, D-Ariz., who is in her first term from that area of the state.

@PathForFreedom need people of honor and integrity serving! Here’s one right here! pic.twitter.com/nCKe1JdJKS
— Curt Schilling (@gehrig38 ) August 9, 2019
In the Walters interview, Schilling said, as an Arizona native, he knows the importance of illegal immigration as a political issue and that was reinforced in his recent visit to Tucson.

"The illegal immigration issue is not a joke. I understand the seriousness of it," Schilling said. "I've seen how it impacts and affects people, communities, the state. It's been so long since I've been there and we were hearing from people who were the tip of the spear."

Schilling has found life after baseball more complicated than his on-field achievements.

In 2016, ESPN fired him after he shared a Facebook post about North Carolina's controversial law that banned transgender people from using bathrooms other than their birth genders.

Last month, a federal judge dismissed the last legal case stemming from an ill-fated $75 million economic development project involving Schilling's 38 Studios and the state of Rhode Island.

Presuming Schilling doesn't plan to run against Martin, that would leave four other possibilities in Arizona currently represented by Democrats.

Rep. Tom O'Halleran holds the largely rural seat that spans northeastern Arizona down to the outskirts of Tucson. Voters there narrowly chose Trump over Democrat Hillary Clinton even as they picked O'Halleran for the House.

Rep. Raúl Grijalva, the dean of Arizona's congressional delegation, and Ruben Gallego, who flirted with a Senate run earlier this year, occupy two solidly Democratic districts that collectively run from the West Valley down to Yuma.

Rep. Greg Stanton, the former mayor of Phoenix, is a freshman in Washington and represents a district that runs from north-central Phoenix down to Chandler.

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The guy who was so bad a businessman that state authorities looked into his game studio, absolutely SURE he lost millions of the taxpayer's dollars in some kind of a scam attempt, only to find out no, it was honest incompetence.....
So he'll make for a perfect milquetoast politician, then. Just another day in Arizona politics. :story:

P

PN 801

kiwifarms.net
Lmao who is this fucking failure who took tax dollars to fund his shitty game studio and went out of business.

NOT Sword Fighter Super

Kind of a tool.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The guy who was so bad a businessman that state authorities looked into his game studio, absolutely SURE he lost millions of the taxpayer's dollars in some kind of a scam attempt, only to find out no, it was honest incompetence.....
Also one of the most vocal people about not wanting troons to be able to use the girl's bathroom. Pitched for the Redsox and helped to win the world series.

Also:

Far Queue

kiwifarms.net
Um.... who is this?
Sportsball player. The fact that most people here haven't heard of him probably means he'll be perfect for the normal voter. He also started the game studio that made Kingdoms of Amalur, so maybe he's got the nerd vote too.

This is just him putting feelers out to see what kind of response it draws. He could probably win, mostly because Americans will totally vote for celebrity at the expense of actual qualifications, but that's probably just democracy in and of itself. But we do love our sportsballers.

My guess is it will go about as well as his video game venture. Maybe he'll waste more than 75 million in taxpayer money this time, maybe not.
The best part is MA, you know, the home of the Boston red Sox, told him to fuck off with his idiot business plan.

Of course RI couldn't give him money fast enough.

Hilariously, they shipped a halfway decent game, but were so bad at business they spent all the money on some stupid mmo based on the same world.

Back in the day he was controversial for not hating George Bush.

Uncanny Valley

return of bouncy head
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The best part is MA, you know, the home of the Boston red Sox, told him to fuck off with his idiot business plan.

Of course RI couldn't give him money fast enough.

Hilariously, they shipped a halfway decent game, but were so bad at business they spent all the money on some stupid mmo based on the same world.

Back in the day he was controversial for not hating George Bush.
It's RI, what did you expect?

MarvinTheParanoidAndroid

This will all end in tears, I just know it.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
His last name is literally one letter away from being "Shilling."
Sportsball player. The fact that most people here haven't heard of him probably means he'll be perfect for the normal voter. He also started the game studio that made Kingdoms of Amalur, so maybe he's got the nerd vote too.

This is just him putting feelers out to see what kind of response it draws. He could probably win, mostly because Americans will totally vote for celebrity at the expense of actual qualifications, but that's probably just democracy in and of itself. But we do love our sportsballers.
To be fair, are there really any politicians with higher qualifications than a baseball player?

That was a rhetorical question, the answer is always "no" followed by "less than."

Last edited:
Reactions: Uncanny Valley
It was a fun game for the most part but IIRC the loading times were kind of excessive.

Then again I might be giving it too much credit, I only downloaded it because it was free on PSN that month.
The game was a serviceable fable clone. But they were trying to use it to launch an MMO and mismanaged themselves into no money. Some of the reports that came out of that place from management was downright sad...

• Informative
Reactions: spiritofamermaid
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino