CWCki Improvement Thread -

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first thing that should be tackled is the "Chris and..." series, for sure. It needs massive updates that can reflect the current state of Chris in 2015. For example, the Racism, Health, and Money pages are drastically over exaggerated and need to be changed to be more accurate. If what Marvin has said before is indeed true, the Racism page might just need to go away entirely and the Money page needs to be less exaggerated.

In general, we need to present a more critical view of the "heroic" days of Chris trolling. Mention that what Clyde Cash did would now be seen as wrong, probably. You know how we have Ahuviya's page and we talk about how bad he was and is? That should basically be the tone we have for the "old days" of Chris trolling. I honestly think a lot of the weens and A-Logs come from reading only the CWCki and adhering to this 2009-era view of him when it isn't accurate. Stop showing that the trolls were these renegade heroes and present them as how we'd see them today.

Prosecutor Godot

Coffee Crazed
I agree with Gensdupays that some of the weens that pop up here are probably the result of coming straight from the CWCki, without much insight into what Chris is currently like, and what might be considered old hat in Chris discussions.

Chris and The Law/Racism/Gender/Anger could all probably stand to be updated.

Edit: I might get some flak for this, but I don't think the CWC-isms need that much updating. I don't think that any stupid little phrase he makes up needs to added to the CWCki.

Things like pickles, china, sweetheart from the ground up, virgin with rage, were all CWC-isms because he kept repeating them. Real C Cup milking breasts, or whatever other foolishness he spurts out are funny, but many of them are just one or two time things.

That's just me though.

Someone in a Tree

It's the ripple, not the sea that is happening
I think one of the main problems is consistency. It seems that one of the original goals of the CWCki was to present the world as it appears through the eyes of Christian (meaning that Kasey isn't identified as a troll and Jimmy Hill made a fortune on Sonichu merchandise), but that really hasn't been maintained in the years since, so the wiki comes off like a hodgepodge. Since no one can really know how Chris sees the world other than Chris, I say go for some degree of transparency. Give us the reality and how Chris reacted to it.

Marvin

Christorical Figure
True & Honest Fan
The first thing that should be tackled is the "Chris and..." series, for sure. It needs massive updates that can reflect the current state of Chris in 2015. For example, the Racism, Health, and Money pages are drastically over exaggerated and need to be changed to be more accurate. If what Marvin has said before is indeed true, the Racism page might just need to go away entirely and the Money page needs to be less exaggerated.
Actually, the "Chris and Race" page was better than I thought. Like, we should aim for mild updates and work on removing some of the more weenish aspects of those pages. I'm OK with making fun of Chris. The jokes just have to be suitably funny.
I think one of the main problems is consistency. It seems that one of the original goals of the CWCki was to present the world as it appears through the eyes of Christian (meaning that Kasey isn't identified as a troll and Jimmy Hill made a fortune on Sonichu merchandise), but that really hasn't been maintained in the years since, so the wiki comes off like a hodgepodge. Since no one can really know how Chris sees the world other than Chris, I say go for some degree of transparency. Give us the reality and how Chris reacted to it.
Problem is that there's a lot of hearsay about "what actually happened".

I keep hearing people who think Clyde was multiple people, and that Liquid voiced Kacey's dad.

kobebyarlant

Straight Outta Side 2 Genders
I don't like the cwcki's constant use of alleged when things obviously happened. It hinted that Chris was lying about the house fire well after it it was proven to be true and still insists that Chris is lying about losing his virginity. He isn't. He hired a fucking hooker. Get over it.

Marvin

Christorical Figure
True & Honest Fan
I don't like the cwcki's constant use of alleged when things obviously happened. It hinted that Chris was lying about the house fire well after it it was proven to be true and still insists that Chris is lying about losing his virginity. He isn't. He hired a fucking hooker. Get over it.
Oh, that's a good point.

In general, we need to present a more critical view of the "heroic" days of Chris trolling. Mention that what Clyde Cash did would now be seen as wrong, probably. You know how we have Ahuviya's page and we talk about how bad he was and is? That should basically be the tone we have for the "old days" of Chris trolling. I honestly think a lot of the weens and A-Logs come from reading only the CWCki and adhering to this 2009-era view of him when it isn't accurate. Stop showing that the trolls were these renegade heroes and present them as how we'd see them today.

You know what, you're completely right. CWC is actually a well adjusted human being. I mean come on, we all have our faults. Come to think about it, nothing Chris ever did was actually that weird. Take the cum drinking thing for instance, I've seen plenty educational short films where mostly women (remember, he always had the female soul within him) drank quite a lot of cum. Why would they do this if it was a bad or weird thing?! In fact, it's supposed to be healthy and full of important vitamins and stuff. Exaggrated beyond reason!
The death threats were basically just a psychological trick to make the trolls feel bad & reflect upon their lies & slander. He really didn't mean it, it was his kind of dark humour spiel. (remember he's royal Bri 'ish) That's mensa level intelligence & Mother Teresa thoughtfulness combined.

Why stop there, we or rather you guys should also drastically improve the forum. Away with moderation and the Christorical Figure badge, because these members tend to have holier than thou attitudes, who always have the ethical/moral high ground and surely they know better and everybody else is an A-log & ween anyway. Their carelessness, witty humour & outstanding conversation skills intimidate me and other members who do not have such sharp social skills. They're basically 21st century picture-book gentleman and not smug spergs at all. Feelings get hurt. Please consider our feelings. Also, threads like the Fat acceptance shaming one are completely unnecessary and make the entire forum look bad. In this progressive day and age it makes you guys look toxic and problematic. Can you really afford that? I think not.

Last edited:

timtommy

I am a damn Smoker!
I think you have to be careful with taking out stuff because it is an "exaggeration". That takes the humor out of it, which is kind of the point.

Not that you want to go too far in the E.D. direction. But if someone reads the CWCki and thinks that Chris is a morbidly obese Klan member who never showers and shits himself several times a day, that's their problem.

Edit: The structure of the CWCki, on the pages I enjoy most is this: A discussion of Chris, with some editorializing that is sometimes exaggerated and farcical, but not too over the top. These points are linked or footnoted with their original sources, so that the reader can click on the link and say "Ah, that's where that joke came from. How amusing." A good way of "treating" an exaggeration which preserves the humour is to add a reference.

Marvin

Christorical Figure
True & Honest Fan
I think you have to be careful with taking out stuff because it is an "exaggeration". That takes the humor out of it, which is kind of the point.

Not that you want to go too far in the E.D. direction. But if someone reads the CWCki and thinks that Chris is a morbidly obese Klan member who never showers and shits himself several times a day, that's their problem.

Edit: The structure of the CWCki, on the pages I enjoy most is this: A discussion of Chris, with some editorializing that is sometimes exaggerated and farcical, but not too over the top. These points are linked or footnoted with their original sources, so that the reader can click on the link and say "Ah, that's where that joke came from. How amusing." A good way of "treating" an exaggeration which preserves the humour is to add a reference.
This.

Make jokes at Chris' expense. That's what made the cwcki fun in the first place. References are a good way to ground the reader. So you can understand the distinction between the joke and the truth.

kobebyarlant

Straight Outta Side 2 Genders
You know what, you're completely right. CWC is actually a well adjusted human being. I mean come on, we all have our faults. Come to think about it, nothing Chris ever did was actually that weird. Take the cum drinking thing for instance, I've seen plenty educational short films where mostly women (remember, he always had the female soul within him) drank quite a lot of cum. Why would they do this if it was a bad or weird thing?! In fact, it's supposed to be healthy and full of important vitamins and stuff. Exaggrated beyond reason!
The death threats were basically just a psychological trick to make the trolls feel bad & reflect upon their lies & slander. He really didn't mean it, it was his kind of dark humour spiel. (remember he's royal Bri 'ish) That's mensa level intelligence & Mother Teresa thoughtfulness combined.

Why stop there, we or rather you guys should also drastically improve the forum. Away with moderation and the Christorical Figure badge, because these members tend to have holier than thou attitudes, who always have the ethical/moral high ground and surely they know better and everybody else is an A-log & ween anyway. Their carelessness, witty humour & outstanding conversation skills intimidate me and other members who do not have such sharp social skills. They're basically 21st century picture-book gentleman and not smug spergs at all. Feelings get hurt. Please consider our feelings. Also, threads like the Fat acceptance shaming one are completely unnecessary and make the entire forum look bad. In this progressive day and age it makes you guys look toxic and problematic. Can you really afford that? I think not.
The cwcki is full of unfunny tryhard ween shit that should be pruned, not unlike this post.

Lipitor

huh?
True & Honest Fan
Stop putting @heyyyJackiePie 's videos as the video of the now. He thinks it's hilarious and won't shut up about it.

Also as someone who can get photos. Feel free to ask me what you want/need. Or ask heyyyJackiePie, cuz let's be honest he's the better photographer.

G

GS 281

kiwifarms.net
I say lock it and leave it. Restart the concept and have the trolls who were involved with Chris at different points reflect on the experience and the knowledge gained on him and his activities at the time they were trolling him. Each troll can have their own "Book" or chapter that they are responsible for writing on.

The first thing that should be tackled is the "Chris and..." series, for sure. It needs massive updates that can reflect the current state of Chris in 2015. For example, the Racism, Health, and Money pages are drastically over exaggerated and need to be changed to be more accurate.

OK, but we also can't ignore change over time. On many topics, it is impossible to make generalizations about Chris that hold true through the period 2008-2015. Chris is different now. The CWCki should not be edited to the point where his old attitudes and behaviors are erased. These articles need to be updated, but not at the expense of ignoring historical evolution. When first written, it was possible to present Chris's views as static, because we hadn't known Chris for very long. In 2015, though, it's impossible to talk about Chris's ideas about homos or Aspergers or Charlottesville without describing an arc. I totally agree that for the CWCki to have relevance, these "Chris and" articles need to focus on where he currently stands, but they also need to provide explanation if his ideas have mutated over the years.

Even before we get critical, we need to figure out exactly what happened. Much trolling was done by secret cabals, and it can be difficult to discern intent or assign blame. In some cases it can be hard to tell which actions were orchestrated by trolls, and which actions Chris came up with himself. People often judge Chris based on videos which he made only because he was pressured into them, or which he intended only for a private audience.

If we take the Liquid Saga, for example, I'd really like to overhaul these pages to reflect the back-and-forth between Liquid and Solid, and between Kacey and Solid. As currently organized, the information is scattered among several pages and it's difficult to understand how many of Chris's videos were direct responses to videos by Kacey or Liquid. By the way, did you know that Kacey used to have a YouTube channel, and made several public videos for Chris to goad him into responding? These are lost forever, which means that there will always be gaps in our understanding of this saga. Also missing are important emails between Kacey and Chris which would help explain how Kacey became an object of contestation between Liquid and Solid. In some cases we can only guess about how to contextualize Chris's videos during this saga.

Status
Not open for further replies.