• "In the end, one way or another, the A-Logs are going to win."

DarksydePhil / TheyCallMeDSP / Phil BurnellGeneral Discussion

Discussion in 'Phil Burnell & The Empire of Dirt' started by A Witty Name, May 17, 2013.

Forum Guidelines
  • Be civil. Don't get angry over DSP. If you need to tell people you're better than someone, you're probably not.
  • Limit discussion of body parts and functions. DSP is gross. Discussing his gout in detail is unnecessary and disturbing.
  • Hide your powerlevel. Avoid revealing intimate, personal details about yourself in public boards. These threads are not your personal blog and we are not an asylum.
  • No trolling plans. We are not an autistic Illuminati. If you embarrass yourself or the forum trying to troll, we will ridicule you.
  • Write descriptive topic titles. "[14-Sep-2015] Livestreaming Sonic 2006" is better than "new update".

@neger psykolog

Article Available:
The Lolcow Wiki has an article on Darksydephil
  1. Understandable. In the end I'm just making speculations based on what I believe is the probability of it being true. I'm not saying that you're wrong, but I can't easily discount the possibility all the same. I think we can both agree that the lengths Phil is going too is just making it more suspicious, and at least in my opinion I still don't believe that any girl is coming to visit Phil. Which goes into the last thing I said in my last post that the only other possibility is that Phil is so dedicated to this lie he's making up all these bad situations to make it seem more believable. But I don't fully want to commit to that since like I said Phil isn't smart enough or a good enough actor to be convincing.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Autistic Autistic x 1
    kiwifarms.is
  2. Kiiiiind of off-topic to what's being discussed right now, but I find it pretty hilarious that Phil can't see the irony behind posting a tweet talking about being positive and full of Christmas cheer...and caps it off by telling the detractors to fuck themselves and that they're toxic (for the third time, now?).

Not surprising, since Phil just went on a tirade about the state of airline travel in the USA and mentions that they had no contingency plan after their "big boom" and that they were irresponsible/greedy/disorganised/etc. But amusing, nonetheless.

• Agree Agree x 6
    Jmboote

Jmboote "I didn't die, you just remembered it wrong."

kiwifarms.is
  3. When my dude complains heavy while playing fighting games has anyone ever brought up the fact that he's just old? I realize he's hamming it up and stuff but in the days of Brood War you were considered over the hill once you hit like the age of 24. Guys like Flash would appear in show matches and stuff but they couldn't maintain their APM for multiple games over the course of a tournament, in a lot of esports nowadays 16-18 year olds are considered in their prime. Like, he's just old. He's getting old and his reflexes are gonna be shit and I don't know whether he's totally realized that or not, it mostly just makes me kind of sad watching him complain about lag

• Informative Informative x 1
    kiwifarms.is
  4. It's more about the lack of practice than old age. Just look at people like Maximillian (1983), Valle (1978 ) or Daigo (1981), they are way past their prime sure, but would whoop DSP's ass with their eyes closed.

Although I agree with you that Phil's reflexes are way too slow.
    Having watched some recent Star Wars and Need for Speed montage, and the lack of reflexes was the first thing that came to mind.

kiwifarms.is
  5. This. Daigo and Justin Wong are about the same age as him; and they're both still, if not the best they've been ( Daigo in particular is kind of a weird case due to the fact that the character he played for the better part of 20 years is absolute bottom tier in SF5), they're both still top 20 at least. The guy that won EVO this year isn't much younger than them either. DSP actually fought him when he got 4th place.

#38065 Corypheus, Dec 6, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
    Corypheus

Corypheus Totally not evil

kiwifarms.is
  6. But they actually practice, and have this mythical ability to learn from mistakes instead of shout "OH FUCK THIS GUY, CAHMAHN, ONLINE COMBOS, HE SHOULDN'T HAVE GOTTEN COMMAND THROW IF I DID MEATY LOW FIERCE PUNCH TO JAB LOW KICK CAHMBO, WHAT A FUCKING SCRUB" ad nauseum.

• Agree Agree x 4
    kiwifarms.is
  7. My apologies if my speculation earlier was starting to get out of line or anything.

It's also hard to promote positivity when you're saying your detractors are cowards, and how you'd beat their ass and then when you realize "oh shit I fucked up" you respond by saying that if they even try to come near you; you'll use your hand axes on them. That will definitely make people want to be nice to him.

• Agree Agree x 2
    kiwifarms.is
  8. Phil is propably trying to provoke some actually mentally ill a-log to do something so he can go "LOOK! DETRACTORS TRIED TO KILL ME AGAIN!" just like the SWATting thing which evolved into National Guard blowing the wall off with a tank before shooting in multiple tear gas canisters, kicking Phil in the balls, raping Leanna, shooting hamsters and eating left-overs from the fridge.
    But aside from SoK, which disbanded, is there really any 'underground cult' detractor group who would see Phil's tweets and take it as challenge and give Phil reason to beg for money?

• Agree Agree x 2
    kiwifarms.is
  9. The evidence points to no - the fact is on TKOH, they're fighting amongst themselves purely because there is nobody for them to specifically target. The empire will burn and implode from within, without anyone's help.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    kiwifarms.is
  10. And I'll be watching the whole thing while roasting popcorn over the flames.

• Agree Agree x 1
    kiwifarms.is
  11. I don't really play fighting games, so I've never been able to judge based on those, but, I watched a Shadow of Mordor TIHYDP recently, and boy does that really shine a light on his terrible reflexes. He's complaining about the controls and counter prompts (which are incredibly responsive and tight) the entire game, saying they're shitty and sloppy when he's constantly getting hit. The kicker is when he's in Last Stand, though. It typically takes nearly a full second for his brain to register which button to press and pressing it. The timer turns red and he starts bleating "that's bullshit, dood! I pressed the button!"

• Informative Informative x 3
    Fallgout Boy

Fallgout Boy I am not a whiny baby!

kiwifarms.is
  12. I promise you he donated it to charity for the tax write off. The timing isn't coincidental.

On a tangent, I find it so funny how Phil is trying to create ambiguity by continually mentioning Plane/Train/Bus as the method of travel his totally real girlfriend is using to get there when it's obvious he's talking about airlines. He is so weird.

• Agree Agree x 3
    kiwifarms.is
  13. There's also the fact that Phil no longer has any passion for fighting games, unlike Maximillian. Not too familiar with what Valle or Daigo are up to now, but Max still has the passion of someone in his early 20's when it comes to fighting games and specific other franchises. Phil's become so concerned with solely making money off games, that any love for the product has slowly dissipated into nothingness and become overshadowed by his obvious need to use the game as a means to an end.

• Agree Agree x 4
    Jmboote

Jmboote "I didn't die, you just remembered it wrong."

kiwifarms.is
    • Informative Informative x 7
    kiwifarms.is
  14. A0564B53-14DD-40E5-AB1A-51B4CACC16CF.jpeg
    So judging from his Instagram his new maid has already arrived at the Gout Mansion.
    What kind of job does she have to go on a vacation from the 7th of December til Christmas?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    DarkSydePundit

DarkSydePundit I play the Guitar so I’ll still get laid as a Kiwi

kiwifarms.is
  15. Someone's got to say it:

I prefer a panettone.

• Like Like x 5
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Kosher Dill

Kosher Dill Potato Chips

kiwifarms.is
  16. This is her job. He probably just asked for a house cleaner on craigslist.

• Winner Winner x 5
    kiwifarms.is
  17. Isn‘t that like super dangerous for women especially when the housekeeper is a fat grizzly who has no self control and jizzes all over the place?

It would be funny instead of paying her directly he sets up a own Patreon for her.

„Guys pledge to her Patreon if you want to keep her doing this as a job or else I’ll send her back ACK ACK ACK”

DarkSydePundit

DarkSydePundit I play the Guitar so I’ll still get laid as a Kiwi

kiwifarms.is
  18. School.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Feels Feels x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    Um Oh Ah Yeah

Um Oh Ah Yeah Well this is awkward

kiwifarms.is
  19. Or unemployed.