Lolcow David Hill Jr. / Olivia Hill / MachineIV - SJW game author, artist, troon, twitter sperg anarchist, author of #iHunt, Bernie Bro extraordinaire

Wallace

Cram it in me, baby!
kiwifarms.net
I'm not sure when karma will fully pay back Dave, but it won't be pretty when it happens. Call it a hunch, but I think there's some really fucked-up horrorcow shit going on with him that we don't fully know about yet.

He really does give off that vibe of a deranged abuser hiding behind wokeness, and unlike the bearded egg male feminists such as MovieBob, Jake Alley, or Andrew Dobson, he's not so transparently pathetic to be completely ineffectual and only guilty of online rants and SJW hot takes. Especially considering he's just functional enough (or at least was at one point) to get a wife and kids.
David was also deeply involved in writing for White Wolf, which has a long history of being a shelter for sex pests like the rapist Matt McFarlane.

Syaoran Li

Oh what a night! Late December back in '63...
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
David was also deeply involved in writing for White Wolf, which has a long history of being a shelter for sex pests like the rapist Matt McFarlane.
Dave was also close friends with Matt McFarlane, and only turned on him after he got outed as a sex pest.

As it is, both Dave and Matt were key parts of the staff at Onyx Path and RPG.net, and only got removed after they became too much of a liability.

Matt got outed as a rapist while Dave went into full woke crusader and was seen as too much of a loose cannon after he went and doxxed Matthew Dawkins for daring to work with Nu-White Wolf after they hired Zak Sabbath for some freelance artwork (IIRC, this was before Zak himself got busted)

The later iterations of White Wolf (and by extension, Onyx Path) are a den of vipers and predators who will gladly turn on one another if it's politically or socially expedient.

Everyone there is a scumbag, with the only real exceptions being maybe Matthew Dawkins and some of the guys at the start of the company in the 90's like Mark Rein-Hagen, the Wieck Brothers, Andrew Greenburg, Lisa Stevens, etc.

Mark Rein-Hagen may be an eccentric weirdo, and they were all pretty left-leaning, but none of them would be "woke" by today's standards as far as I can tell and with the exceptions of Edward Kramer (who was a bit player at WW) and maybe Brucato, none of them seem to be predatory or abusive.

The only one from the early days that had any real influence and who was kind of iffy was Phil Brucato, but he was also a freaky wacko stoner even back then.

The only truly egregious OG White Wolf writer was Edward Kramer. He wrote some books for White Wolf in the 90's, but IIRC, he was a freelancer and was a lot more small-time in WW. Prior to getting busted for raping boys, Kramer was more known for being part of the DragonCon board of directors.

Coincidentally, the stuff that was produced when those people were in charge at White Wolf was some of their best and most successful material. I'm not sure what happened when Rein-Hagen and Greenburg had left White Wolf, but that's when the company jumped the shark and became the mess it is now.

The only White Wolf guys I can think of who came in after 1997 that probably aren't predatory sex pests, insane totalitarian abusers, or some combination thereof are Justin Achilli, Ethan Skemp, and Rose Bailey.

Justin Achilli is a pretentious douchebag who came up with a lot of the more questionable metaplot changes in the later World of Darkness books and he's also infamous for being a snob and a control freak when it comes to pretend monster games, but being a dick at the gaming table is one of the least bad things you can say about most of White Wolf's later roster.

Rose Bailey is a troon and is very much an SJW in their beliefs, but is a lot more sedate when compared to zealots like Hill or outright rapists like McFarlane.

Ethan Skemp worked a lot on Werewolf: The Apocalypse in the later years but other than that, seems pretty quiet unless something happened with him that I missed.

Last edited:

RancidMachine

kiwifarms.net
The only reason Dave has any claim to fame and notoriety is because Richard Thomas who owns Onyx Path Publishing and used to work for White Wolf is dirt cheap, and has a history of paying for cheap hacks (like Dave) who will work for next to nothing just to get their name in the credits of a World of Darkness book. Given the number of his cheap sub par talent that have turned on him over the years it’s a bit of an ironic situation. Word in and around the freelance RPG writing communities are that Dave and his douchey collection of ostracized misfits like Holden Schearer, Matt McFarland, and John Morke are so hated that no one including Onyx Path will even touch them anymore. From everything that’s been said about that bunch it’s only a matter of time before they all get outed as sex offenders. McFarland is an admitted rapist, Morke gave out freelance work to aspiring writers in exchange for sex, and Shearer has been accused of harassing a litany of women and men in and around the game industry. It’s only a matter of time before Dave’s abuser number comes due.

Last edited:

Emperor Julian

kiwifarms.net
The only one from the early days that had any real influence and who was kind of iffy was Phil Brucato, but he was also a freaky wacko stoner even back then.

Says a lot about Olivia that the fucking goatboy overall comes across as less unpleasent and destructive. Then again that's mostly because Goatfuckers antics are suspected rather than proven.

• Agree
Reactions: Syaoran Li

Karl_der_Grosse

Oh, Saturday night's alright for fighting
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The last thing David needs in his life is to be so heavily involved in playing make-believe. He will never get any better when he habitually retreats into a fantasy world every time he feels real-world stress. He needs a real job to ground him. Dicking around with role-playing games is pretty unhealthy when you have the sort of weak sense of self that David shows.

Syaoran Li

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
And the loan default saga begins
View attachment 1219943
This is only going to end badly for Dave.

Even if he does manage to get a loan, he's going to fuck it up in the most ridiculous way possible and that might be the straw that breaks the camel's back. His wife would probably divorce him just to offload the huge debts if nothing else.

Next Task

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This just in, D&D is not a good substitute for therapy.
Having played games with people who have used it as a substitute for therapy, I can say with absolute certainty that fuck that noise. I get game bleed, but purposely working through shit and making everyone else, especially the GM, have to deal with the personal stuff you should have put aside before you got to the table? Go fuck yourself.

Not only is that the fabled 'forced emotional labour' these sorts of people are so happy to complain about, not only are you making people with no training in mental health navigate the minefield of your personal traumas, not only does it push everyone else to have to walk on the eggshells of knowing that you won't be able to separate IC and OOC motivations - it's just not fun. It destroys the entire point of the game.

It would be unsurprising for me to tell you that the people who have done it when I've been playing were all troons and/or genderspecials, though I do know of other groups that have dealt with similar situations involving more of your run-of-the-mill narcissists.

Last edited:

Syaoran Li

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Just going to point out the obvious once again and make it clear that Dave is in no way a rape victim.

If anything, he's a guy who's responsible for creating rape victims, either as a closet rapist himself or just through his close friendship and collaboration with Matt MacFarlane and the enabling that went along with it. I'm honestly surprised none of his detractors have called him out on this yet.

He only denounced Matt due to the optics and because it gave him another opportunity to virtue signal, by the way.

I still think Dave trooned out and adapted the "Olivia" persona in advance so he could play the transphobia card for the day when it would eventually be his turn on the MeToo chopping block. That and he's also a sick autogynephile with a lesbian fetish.

Anonymus Fluhre

No man fears what he has seen grow
kiwifarms.net
This is what you get when you go to Thailand for your HRS drugs. The lead has obviously gotten to his brain.

Dave was also close friends with Matt McFarlane, and only turned on him after he got outed as a sex pest.

As it is, both Dave and Matt were key parts of the staff at Onyx Path and RPG.net, and only got removed after they became too much of a liability.

Matt got outed as a rapist while Dave went into full woke crusader and was seen as too much of a loose cannon after he went and doxxed Matthew Dawkins for daring to work with Nu-White Wolf after they hired Zak Sabbath for some freelance artwork (IIRC, this was before Zak himself got busted)

The later iterations of White Wolf (and by extension, Onyx Path) are a den of vipers and predators who will gladly turn on one another if it's politically or socially expedient.

Everyone there is a scumbag, with the only real exceptions being maybe Matthew Dawkins and some of the guys at the start of the company in the 90's like Mark Rein-Hagen, the Wieck Brothers, Andrew Greenburg, Lisa Stevens, etc.

Mark Rein-Hagen may be an eccentric weirdo, and they were all pretty left-leaning, but none of them would be "woke" by today's standards as far as I can tell and with the exceptions of Edward Kramer (who was a bit player at WW) and maybe Brucato, none of them seem to be predatory or abusive.

The only truly egregious OG White Wolf writer was Edward Kramer. He wrote some books for White Wolf in the 90's, but IIRC, he was a freelancer and was a lot more small-time in WW. Prior to getting busted for raping boys, Kramer was more known for being part of the DragonCon board of directors.

Coincidentally, the stuff that was produced when those people were in charge at White Wolf was some of their best and most successful material. I'm not sure what happened when Rein-Hagen and Greenburg had left White Wolf, but that's when the company jumped the shark and became the mess it is now.

The only White Wolf guys I can think of who came in after 1997 that probably aren't predatory sex pests, insane totalitarian abusers, or some combination thereof are Justin Achilli, Ethan Skemp, and Rose Bailey.

Justin Achilli is a pretentious douchebag who came up with a lot of the more questionable metaplot changes in the later World of Darkness books and he's also infamous for being a snob and a control freak when it comes to pretend monster games, but being a dick at the gaming table is one of the least bad things you can say about most of White Wolf's later roster.

Rose Bailey is a troon and is very much an SJW in their beliefs, but is a lot more sedate when compared to zealots like Hill or outright rapists like McFarlane.

Ethan Skemp worked a lot on Werewolf: The Apocalypse in the later years but other than that, seems pretty quiet unless something happened with him that I missed.
Should be mentioned that Lisa Stevens went to do Paizo Publishing, Look how that turned out.

Last edited:

Syaoran Li

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Should be mentioned that Lisa Stevens went to do Paizo Publishing, Look how that turned out.
True, she is the founder of Paizo.

IIRC, by the time Paizo went full woke in the mid-2010's, she had no real authority over the company and her position as CEO of Paizo is an almost ceremonial one, since most of Paizo's actual creative decisions were done by a handful of writers with Stevens dealing with the finances and business side of things more than anything else these days.

I think Lisa Stevens, the Wieck Brothers (RIP Stewart Wieck) and Mark Rein-Hagen all have the problem that a lot of the Gen X left-leaning liberals of the 90's have when it comes to SJW's. A lot of them tend to think that the SJW's are just a slightly more outspoken and hipsterized version of 90's liberals, and not the complete zealots they are in real life.

Coincidentally, many of them also tend to think the Religious Right is still relevant like it was when they were in their twenties and thirties, or at least semi-relevant and not a completely impotent relic that largely died out when Bush Jr. left office.

Usually, they don't get that SJW's like David Hill and most of the Onyx Path/RPG.net crowd are the new moral guardians with their own dogma and cult-like fervor until they personally end up targeted by the woke.

The idea of a left-wing moral guardian is completely alien to most people in this age group, since the liberal/left-leaning guardians who did exist in the 80's and 90's were moderate liberals who threw their lot in with the Religious Right and used their rhetoric (Tipper Gore, Joe Lieberman) or were fringe figures tied to the 70's radical feminist movement (Andrea Dworkin, Germaine Greer) that were literal whos for the majority of Americans at the time.

Honestly, I'd also wager the past relevance of the Religious Right is also why Tim Pool refuses to fully throw his lot in with the conservatives and centrists, and why he still tries to reason with the Left. But that's neither here nor there.

Last edited:
Tags
None