Deathfat Encounters IRL -

Pizza Steve

low testosterone and small testicles
kiwifarms.net
I remember bumping into an old school "friend" a while back , I think we were in our early 20s so only about 5 after finishing high school. She's about 5'4" I guess and when we were school she was always big not horribly so. In those 5 years after leaving school she went from what I guess was around 200lb to around 500lb (possibly more I'm not good at guessing people's weight). She looked like death. She had WLS a few years later and lost around 100lbs maybe but never lost anymore than that. I guess her abrasive, shitty personality matches her outside.

Another long time friend and ex co-worker is an ex death fat. Mental health and ongoing health issues made her balloon up to around 450 at 5'2". She ended up getting WLS too but she's lost all the weight and it alleviated a lot of her medical issues.

LonesomeDud

The Nicest Farmer on the Forum
kiwifarms.net
Met a deathfat the other day. He was about 234 kg, or a little over 500 lbs, and his body had given up to the point where he needed to either exist on a bipap, get trached, or get a tube down his throat before WLS was even an option. He was exactly as mentally ill as you'd expect, with the bipap failing because he would desat per the nurses when he came off bipap to eat/drink, which admittedly was a lot, and he tolerated hi flo nasal cannula poorly because it didn't give the necessary pressure to his fat airway. They stopped feeding him since he hemmed and hawwed around getting trached, literally telling the nurses, yeah, he was ready, and then changing his mind when ENT/MICU rounded, but being abusive to the nurses when everyone was gone. (Not like verbally abusive. As in violently abusive. He got restrained physically and chemically, and was able to hold his shit together so a new restraint order didn't happen. Then back to the same cycle. I was talking to one of the nurses there and she told me he refused to use a urinal and either couldn't or wouldn't leave a condom catheter in place, so he just urinated all over himself and expected to get cleaned up. He absolutely could walk, move, and do whatever, but it was easier to be Hoyer lifted and cleaned.

Man, if you want to die, die, but don't be mean to everyone else because of it.

seckdeck

yeasty
kiwifarms.net
First one that comes to mind, a whale of a mother who easily passed the 400 lb mark in a thrift store. Had two kids with her, both under the age of 10 but older than 5. Parked herself on a little folding chair that creaked as she sat, blubber overspilling both sides. Would look around the store and point at what she wanted to look at and the kids would run to grab it for her and bring it to her. She couldn't walk around the small shop. When she finally decided what she wanted to buy, she got up and waddled out to the car and made one of the kids pay for it, assuming she couldn't stand long enough to pay herself.

Another time saw a small deathfat, probably *only* 300 pounds, had giant sagging boobs that hung out from the bottom of her shirt, probably 5'0 tall. Thought at first what I was looking at was a super deformed stomach, horror struck as I realized there were pancake areolas at the bottom of the fleshy sacs hanging from the shirt. Traumatic. Never seen anything like it.

TrainWreckSpotter

kiwifarms.net
Another time saw a small deathfat, probably *only* 300 pounds, had giant sagging boobs that hung out from the bottom of her shirt, probably 5'0 tall. Thought at first what I was looking at was a super deformed stomach, horror struck as I realized there were pancake areolas at the bottom of the fleshy sacs hanging from the shirt. Traumatic. Never seen anything like it.
1620096436029.png

LonesomeDud

The Nicest Farmer on the Forum
kiwifarms.net
Met a deathfat the other day. He was about 234 kg, or a little over 500 lbs, and his body had given up to the point where he needed to either exist on a bipap, get trached, or get a tube down his throat before WLS was even an option. He was exactly as mentally ill as you'd expect, with the bipap failing because he would desat per the nurses when he came off bipap to eat/drink, which admittedly was a lot, and he tolerated hi flo nasal cannula poorly because it didn't give the necessary pressure to his fat airway. They stopped feeding him since he hemmed and hawwed around getting trached, literally telling the nurses, yeah, he was ready, and then changing his mind when ENT/MICU rounded, but being abusive to the nurses when everyone was gone. (Not like verbally abusive. As in violently abusive. He got restrained physically and chemically, and was able to hold his shit together so a new restraint order didn't happen. Then back to the same cycle. I was talking to one of the nurses there and she told me he refused to use a urinal and either couldn't or wouldn't leave a condom catheter in place, so he just urinated all over himself and expected to get cleaned up. He absolutely could walk, move, and do whatever, but it was easier to be Hoyer lifted and cleaned.

Man, if you want to die, die, but don't be mean to everyone else because of it.
Update on this deathfat: So he did get trached and was placed on a soft diet, which turned into a whole shitstorm. As it turns out, he's still too fat to tolerate sleeping in a bariatric hospital bed and desats. I learned there are actually bariatric nursing homes because as greedy as regular nursing homes are, they say no to this bullcrap.

TrainWreckSpotter

kiwifarms.net
Update on this deathfat: So he did get trached and was placed on a soft diet, which turned into a whole shitstorm. As it turns out, he's still too fat to tolerate sleeping in a bariatric hospital bed and desats. I learned there are actually bariatric nursing homes because as greedy as regular nursing homes are, they say no to this bullcrap.
This kind of thing makes me angry. The super fat are such a drain on so many areas of society. "Accept me as I am!" they say. Fine. I don't care how you look or smell ( as long as you're not within smelling distance of me). Just don't expect the world to go to extraordinary lengths to accommodate you.

Last edited:

Pizza Steve

low testosterone and small testicles
kiwifarms.net
There is a young death fat at my gym that is trying to be the next Lexi from fatgirlfedup. Except she's not getting sneaky bypass (oops Lexi we know) and she's restarted her diet/training about 3 times in the last year and a biy. She keeps saying shes losing weight but never looks like it. I'd guess she's around 400lbz at 5'4". I have no issue that she's had to restart her training, Wright loss when you have that much to loose is fucking hard. It's the cringy instagram posts that really get me. It's obvious AF when someone's trying to be the "influencer".

kiwifarms.net
Wright [sic] loss when you have that much to loose [sic] is fucking hard.

Except that it isn't. Your body isn't meant to be 400 pounds, and it takes a stupid amount of calories to maintain that weight. The absolute easiest time to lose weight is when someone is grossly obese -- reduce caloric intake to normal levels (less than or equal to 2000 calories/day), and the pounds drop astoundingly quickly. Weight loss becomes more and more difficult the closer and closer to a "normal" weight one gets.

Is it *mentally* hard? Absolutely. But physically? Nope.

Jeff Boomhauer

Yo.
kiwifarms.net
I encounter deathfats every time I go to a grocery store or a fast food joint, especially Walmart. I envy all of you that say you haven't encountered many of them, because where I live, I swear half of my city is morbidly obese. Guess that's what I get for being a cheapskate.

For a funny story, when I was in high school, my family took a trip to our state's state fair. There was a moment where I went with my mom to look at some farm animals while my dad and brother went off to the restroom.

As we left the area with ducklings, we made our way back to the entrance, which lead out to the street where all of the sights were at. We turned to our left only to find this massive middle aged looking man (probably 40s-50s) asleep on a bench, as in, laying down on it like it was a bed, his huge gunt hanging out of his shirt. Dude looked like he weighed at least 500 lbs. and easily took up the entire bench.

My mom first went "Ew..." then turned to me and said, not even quietly, "Did one of the pigs escape?" It was so hilarious, because my mom isn't the type of person to mock people like that. I'm honestly surprised he didn't hear her say that, but if I remember correctly, he was snoring, so that may have deafened it.

Umaibae

president furby
kiwifarms.net
The number of deathfats I’ve seen since tourists were banned from Japan has plummeted. Hadn’t seen any for years until I recently went to the Costco about 1.5hrs from where I live, which is not too far from an American military base.

Saw the most rotund looking American woman with her equally dumpy husband. Her body was a perfect sphere shape. Fascinating.

thyme

fresh meet
kiwifarms.net
I've got one.

At my last job, a woman who was easily at least 450 lbs had been relocated from one office to mine. Looking back now, I wonder if they moved her because they, too, had similar experiences.

This woman left shit smears on the toilet seat, there was poop in the bathroom sink, and poo finger prints on the can of Lysol. I even still have the photo that I took to show the office manager:

IMG_20191203_094256871.jpg

I still wonder how the fuck it even happened. Baffled to this day

Yutyrannus

Unwoke Dinosaur
kiwifarms.net
I've had to deal with my own Kelly Lenza all fucking year. At risk of incredibly gay PL I am removing most context but I had never before been genuinely wokescolded irl (for something entirely menial as talking about a small local thrift store, not even a Salvation Army-- bitched about being followed in the store with their BOYfriend as a female presenting female for being kweer and the thrift store being run by a church -- DUH) and thought it was an internet crybaby myth. Entirely straight passing gender special (only giveaway was the horrifically tacky dyed undercut) probably 300lbs, shaped like a beach ball, genuinely narcissistic and uncomfortably tried to wedge into every conversation despite obvious social cues of discomfort/indifference, absolutely useless and incompetent and hated by everyone but somehow having a leadership position (and abusing it).

I'm a pretty sympathetic guy and feel bad for whinging but I was entirely shocked by the physical and personality resemblance to Kelly. Probably half the size but had the same deeply etched frown, frumpiness, ever dissatisfied demeanor, and "all about me" attitude. Mini Kelly is gone now but left years' worth of drama in the whale breach which undermined trust/legitimacy in the whole operation imo.

Last edited:

DoorPost101

Those damn Fortnite kids
kiwifarms.net
I've got one.

At my last job, a woman who was easily at least 450 lbs had been relocated from one office to mine. Looking back now, I wonder if they moved her because they, too, had similar experiences.

This woman left shit smears on the toilet seat, there was poop in the bathroom sink, and poo finger prints on the can of Lysol. I even still have the photo that I took to show the office manager:

I still wonder how the fuck it even happened. Baffled to this day
You know what they say, a picture is worth a thousand screams.

Sunny-D

I'M FUCKING INVINCIBLE!
kiwifarms.net
The fattest person I've ever known was this girl who was sort of adjacent to the friend group I was in in high school. No one really liked her all that much, she had a really overbearing personality, but her brother who had been average weight and an alright guy moved away, so she sort of stuck around everyone regardless. It would have been pretty easy to feel bad for her, her mom was far bigger (I remember being at her house at one point, glancing into an unlit room and seeing what looked like a full size bed with every square foot of the surface covered in blubber. It was downright surreal, like being at Chernobyl and seeing the elephant's foot except made of human flesh.) And I'm pretty sure her parents were divorced, so after her brother escaped it's easy to imagine her home life must have been pretty shit. But she sure didn't do herself any favors.

Imagine all the obnoxious personality traits a person can have. Somehow, she was simultaneously at least 400 lbs and a PETA-supporting vegan. Any dietary benefit that could've conceivably had, she worked around easily with shit like "Did you know oreos are vegan?" And I don't know if she actually didn't have a perception of how heavy she was or if she'd just intentionally put herself into humiliating situations to try and garner pity or something, but shit like... when the school went on a class trip to an amusement park, she'd wait in line for rides only to get to the end and be told she couldn't fit in the seats. And this sounds fake but genuinely, I shit you not, some of us went to a concert at one point. She wanted to try and crowdsurf. Me and at least 5 or 6 other guys reluctantly did our level best to try and lift her off the ground. We could not.

Sometimes I wonder what ended up happening to her, if she ever managed to turn her shit around or if she just spiraled into bedridden larddom. I'll probably never know.

StarkRavingMad

kiwifarms.net
Two encounters that come to mind. One is sadder, and one is ... Weirder.

Back when I was a teenager, I went to Burger King after school with my mom one day. I was out of it and completely standing in the way, being oblivious as hell as a lot of teenagers do, when one person ever-so-slightly bumped into me. It ended up being a person who was very clearly over 400 pounds. The person apologized to me profusely and then made some self-deprecating comment about themselves (something to the effect of "I'm so big that I bump into everyone"). Before I even had a chance to apologize, the person grabbed their food and left the building as fast as possible. I felt really bad considering that I was actually the one standing in people's way. Big person or not, I felt like I was in the wrong in that situation. I definitely had sympathy for that individual and I still think about that moment from time to time because I still feel bad about it. lol.

And while this wasn't actually a personal encounter, I thought I'd mention it: I did a weekend trip to Miami back in 2015 (overrated city, btw). It was, by and large (literally), the fattest beach I had ever been to. I remember 2015 being a year where I had gained 10 pounds due to being sick for a couple of months, so I was self conscious about being in a bikini at the time ... But then I saw multiple morbidly obese women wearing the skimpiest swimsuits and bikinis imaginable. A bunch of them were basically wearing what looked like floss. It ... Wasn't pleasant to look at ...

Moon Lighter

Shitposting is just my side job
kiwifarms.net
When I was around seven I saw my first IRL deathfat waddling out of (where else?) the Walmart McDonald's. She was very short, barely more than 8 inches taller than me at the time yet her whole torso distended outwards in all directions like one amorphous blob. She had lipedema so her legs blended into her torso fat. She could barely walk and was off of the mobility scooter only because she had to get into her car. She made an impression on me because to my small mind's eye, she looked like a McDonalds' burger. The closest thing to a shape she had were three massive fat rolls that resembled a burger patty surrounded by two buns. We were taught, "You are what you eat" in school at the time, so it really clicked for me at that moment. I stopped begging my mother to take me to McDonald's after that and to this very day the only thing I order from there are coffees.

This is power level-y af but one of my childhood friends was a deathfat. She was around 200 pounds at 8 years old (and no, she wasn't abnormally tall or anything, just the normal height for a child). She wasn't a bad person and treated me well, though she could be gluttonous and pushy at times. As with all obese children, her family enabled her bad eating habits. I spent the weekend with her one time and learned what her personal life was like, which is why I've known from a young age that every fatty who lies about eating healthy/little portions is making shit up. The family took me to a restaurant (they were rich so they ate out all the time) and she ordered a normal adult entree and an appetizer (I just ordered from the kid's menu). Breakfast with her family was also very unhealthy, consisting of sausage, bacon and hashbrowns and no fruits/veggies. I could barely eat most of it and her family (despite being very wealthy) seemed mad that I was wasting food. I'm assuming this attitude was the cause of her scarfing down big portions. A few months later she attended my birthday party and piggybacked on me during a game which caused me to almost drown in a wading pool of all things. She was Goddamn fat her weight on me caused all the air to leave my lungs while I was under 8 inches of water (one of my few near-death experiences). I lost contact with her after the party, and the last I heard of her was schoolyard gossip. Apparently, she was over 200 pounds (at ten) and was pulled out of school to get emergency surgery because the fat surrounding her right hip had pushed her joint out of its socket and rendered her unable to walk. I don't know how she's doing now but I hope she's healthier. It's morbid to think that she could've died before becoming an adult due to her weight, but given her previous weight complications, it's entirely possible.