Do you like people? -

• Trump is threatening to repeal Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act to spite Twitter and I am tracking competing efforts to edit legislation here.
    P.S. A source of my income was removed by payment networks recently. If you'd like to donate crypto, my addresses are here.

Pitere pit

Yaniv are you ok? Are you ok? Are you ok Yaniv?
kiwifarms.net
With a great number of people is impossible to like them all of them. However, I try my best to help anyone that needs my help, maybe I'm a bleeding heart helper but I don't care, helping people give me the kicks. I grew up on an economic depression and I'm getting into another one right one right now. Our existence are sustained by people that maintains out light, gas, water and food lines, that's why Ancap ideology fails, no man is an island, we need to be supported and support other people.
Maybe I don't understand normies that much, but I'm glad to help them anyway. Heck (minor powerlevel) my gypsy hating family helped our gypsies neighbours when they needed help because we supported each other.
I follow the rule that if you need help by others, like medics, then you have to help anyone, because you don't know when you have to get help from anyone.

a6h51

kiwifarms.net
I only like a few select people. The people that are my relatives I'm forced to like because blood is thicker than water. I only have like 3 friends, but I'm taking a break from talking to them because I got annoyed by them. I don't get annoyed by them easily, hence why I'm friends with them. Other people annoy the shit out of me though. The people I really don't like are bullies, poseurs and pessimists. They always try to irritate me and/or bring everyone else down. Now, I don't hate people though, even though there are a few twats out there that hate my very existence; I can tell my presence bothers them by them looking at me (I don't care for eye contact though). I also heard that specific person say how much they hated me, and they would obsess about me when I was around. It was creepy af tbh.

• Informative
Reactions: BrunoMattei

Niggernerd

Blackmetal screech in anime
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The people that are my relatives I'm forced to like because blood is thicker than water.
I never understood this concept. Family usually fuck you over harder than most randoms could ever hope to. I live by the "blood only runs so thick" when it comes to em. I told my dads side to fuck off and half of my moms side to fuck off too. They're either cunts or leeches.

• Informative

a6h51

kiwifarms.net
I never understood this concept. Family usually fuck you over harder than most randoms could ever hope to. I live by the "blood only runs so thick" when it comes to em. I told my dads side to fuck off and half of my moms side to fuck off too. They're either cunts or leeches.
That's how I feel with some of my relatives, but not all of them. I just have to be cordial because family. Otherwise, I wouldn't be the better person ig.

• Informative
I enjoy the idea of being part of a community, neighbours who hang out, being in good relations with coworkers, college buddies.. all that sitcom shit. I only enjoy the idea of it tho.
For you, is it a case of having never really experienced it, or having experienced it but been disappointed?

When I first went off to college I cared a lot about the idea of community. I grew up in an area where churches and extended families are both big things, but my family didn't really have much in the way of either. Most of the extended family had angered one of my parents or the other to where we didn't hardly ever deal with them, and we didn't go to church. So it felt like I was missing out on something. When the family did start interacting with each other more again, I didn't want to participate (though I would out of obligation), because what is family to you when you don't already know them?

My desire for community lead to me looking for it in churches. Among other things, like also wanting to make more friends, and date, and some small amount of genuine religious interest. I "believed" in religion back then, but it was a shallow belief that wore off real quick when I stopped going to church.

Didn't find it in hobbies or clubs. Tried a number, none of them really struck a strong interest in me to make me want to keep coming back. Some of them were very friendly, it's just that I wasn't that into the stuff they did.

As far as neighbors go, that's the closest its come to community for me. I've had real good luck with neighbors. When I was a kid, we lived in an area with a ton of elderly, so there weren't really normal families with kids around, but I got along better with grown people anyways. We'd have bonfires and all the elderly would come to them. But they die off pretty regularly, you know, or get so decrepit they rarely leave the house. My next door neighbor used to conscript me to garden for her frequently, and took a grandmotherly interest in me, especially because her children and their families didn't live anywhere nearby. Oddly enough, when I was a kid, I'd have never thought to address her as anything other than Mrs., but I've stumbled over myself accidentally calling her Grandma in adulthood, when talking to other people about her.

In the dorms, you had this sort of big friend-group who'd hang out in the hallways all the time, watching movies, roller-blading down the hallways, shooting each other with Nerf guns. Dorm RA told us they liked to keep their doors open around there so people could just say hi. Turned out it was something they only did in his fantasies, because nobody did that past the first week. But yeah, I call them a friend-group, not a clique, because they were open to anybody who wanted to participate. But just getting along with people ain't the same as having fun with them, you know? So you'd have this huge minority partying it up all the time while the silent majority hid int heir rooms, or just got along with their other friends.

Then, in my apartments, I've always had neighbors who I talk to, but only about one or two at a time. It comes down to whoever's talkative, that you have an organic conversation that lasts longer than two lines.

If you want a community with neighbors, I think the important thing is that you need to do things for each other. I've never really had an occasion for a neighbor to help me, but I and my dad were always doing things for the elderly woman, you know? And I always made a point of offering to help people move stuff, when they move in and out. Whether it's a little job or a big one, that's your extended interaction, and then they're glad to see you around after that. Otherwise, people aren't interested in conversation with strangers nowadays. They're scared of them.

• Informative

ToroidalBoat

Token Hispanic Friend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yes. I don't live in a city. Virtually everyone I talk to on a daily basis is friendly.
I hope I can get along with others well.

But I can think of humans as being "an evil-prone species with many bad apples" -- but then again, I'm stuck in a very modern city with no history or culture, that's like one big shopping center. I guess I wouldn't lean so much towards misanthropy if I didn't live the Bob Chipman approved way: packed like a sardine in the city with all kinds of pollution, and cut off from nature.

why have fulfilling when you can slowly die inside in a grey district of misanthropy and pessimism?

Last edited:
  • Informative

Salad_Dodger

Was molested by Repzion's dead gramps.
kiwifarms.net
Yes. I like people. Even people here whom I don't know at all really, just words associated with a made up name; I have a small strange but sweet fondness for.

• Informative

Atatata

tfw no cute orc gf
kiwifarms.net
I like the idea of people, but I'm actually retarded when it comes to short term memory so it's more of a matter of people getting fed up with me quickly. I forget what I say right after I say it, and sometimes just stop mid-sentence. Imagine talking to somebody like that, its just annoying. Simply me explaining things takes effort on their part to understand.

Best not to bother, really.

• Informative

VariMatau

The eternal nuisance
kiwifarms.net
I don't think I've ever actually hated anyone. I tend to like most people.
Yeah same, I think I truely despise 1-2 people at max for doing actually shitty things.
I generally like people and I am quite social. I tend to get along with most people from all walks of life.
Sure there are total asshats among them but why even bother with getting mad over their antics. Tell them to cut it and if you can't just walk away from it.

Tags
None