Does Chris really qualify as a gamer?

• ATTN NEW USERS: I strongly suggest using a real, alter-ego email address from a reputable provider and using a Password Manager to securely keep tack of it. If you forget your email and password I cannot restore your account. These are good practices in general so stop being lazy.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AtroposHeart

KAWAII WEEABOO PRINCESSU
kiwifarms.net
I was looking through his PS3 library and the majority(with the exception of Sonic games and God of war) was basically unplayed. Just because you own a gaming system and games does not make one a gamer. They actually have to play games and Chris barely plays any games. I recently saw this guy on youtube ranting about gamer girls and he said that if you only played one or two games a year you are not a gamer. While this was directed at the female audience, I can also see it applying to anybody. Of course, we can debate on what makes a gamer.

But I want to ask you, since Chris barely seems to play the games he owns does this not make him a gamer?

NiggoFiggo

kiwifarms.net
If he plops his fatass in front of a tv to play a game for hours on end then he is a gamer. Such an asinine thread this is

Batman VS Tony Danza

The Eternal Struggle
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Chris plays more than just PS3 and Vita. He has Wii U, DS games and mobile apps. I get the impression he's been playing his DS and iphone quite a bit. He's a gamer. I don't know why anyone would ever challenge that.

CatParty

Boo
Forum Staff
⚡ Thunderdomer ⚡
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
He's a hoarder. He doesn't play for fun. He has the compulsion to just keep gathering more and more digital stuff.

DangDirtyTrolls

The man in the pickle suit tricked me once again
kiwifarms.net
AtroposHeart said:
They actually have to play games and Chris barely plays any games.

But I want to ask you, since Chris barely seems to play the games he owns does this not make him a gamer?
Chris definitely plays video games a lot. Maybe not so much lately since he has to share a TV with Barb but he has pulled off some truly autistic gaming achievements before now. He has got all trophies in LittleBigPlanet, paid off home loans for several characters in Animal Crossing and has claimed to have caught and raised every Pokemon to level 100 to name a few. He's definitely a gamer.

CatParty

Boo
Forum Staff
⚡ Thunderdomer ⚡
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
DangDirtyTrolls said:
AtroposHeart said:

Chris definitely plays video games a lot. Maybe not so much lately since he has to share a TV with Barb but he has pulled off some truly autistic gaming achievements before now. He has got all trophies in LittleBigPlanet, paid off home loans for several characters in Animal Crossing and has claimed to have caught and raised every Pokemon to level 100 to name a few. He's definitely a gamer.

Isn't that just grinding though? Not really using much skill? Kind of just wasting his day away.

DangDirtyTrolls

The man in the pickle suit tricked me once again
kiwifarms.net
CatParty said:
Isn't that just grinding though? Not really using much skill? Kind of just wasting his day away.
its what Chris does best.

The Level Up King

kiwifarms.net
CatParty said:
DangDirtyTrolls said:
AtroposHeart said:

Gaming and grinding aren't mutually exclusive..

Dork Of Ages

Get out of my sight, inferior!
kiwifarms.net
Well, he qualifies as a Tomgirl, as an autistic adult child, an creep, an entitled buffon, and a moron.

Sometimes I'm not sure if being a gamer is a good thing or a bad things when it comes to Chris being one.

Marvin

Christorical Figure
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
CatParty said:
He's a hoarder. He doesn't play for fun. He has the compulsion to just keep gathering more and more digital stuff.
Nah, I don't think Chris is a hoarder. His room is a mess, but that's more just because he's childish. I don't think he's genuinely a hoarder in any serious way. He wouldn't develop 14BC into what Barb developed it in on his own, for example.

Golly

[warbles internally]
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I guess it depends on who you ask. If you ask someone who isn't in the gaming community, Chris, as someone who plays video games, would be called a gamer. If you were to find a dedicated video game enthusiast, though, they would certainly label him as a "filthy casual". Lots of people fall into this category, though, so I don't think this makes him special or unique.

MrTroll

I know you can read MY thoughts, boy
kiwifarms.net
Marvin said:
CatParty said:
Nah, I don't think Chris is a hoarder. His room is a mess, but that's more just because he's childish. I don't think he's genuinely a hoarder in any serious way. He wouldn't develop 14BC into what Barb developed it in on his own, for example.

Maybe he would be better described as a collector. I understand it's a common trait of autism to obsessively collect stuff, but it tends to be very narrowly focused on a few areas of extreme interest (i.e. video games, Pokemon, Skylanders, trading cards, stuff for your fake Springfield) compared to Barb's seemingly indiscriminate garbage hoarding.

As for the TC's question... come on. Chris has been playing video games since long before they were a mainstream cultural institution like they are today. I can't question his bona fides as a gamer. It's an entirely separate matter whether he's actually good at gaming in any objectively measurable way, since he doesn't play competitive games like FPS's, fighting or racing games.

Foulmouth

How do I loathe thee? Let me count the ways
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Re: Does Chris really qualify as a gay man ?

Yes. Putting things up your butt means you are gay.

Picklepower

This isnt even my final form
kiwifarms.net
He's fat, smelly, and doesn't understand how to talk to women, and he plays games all the time instead of say, reading, How is he not a gamer!? lol just give him some mountain dew and yeah, gamer.

Overcast

Buttmunch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, I'm sure he does.

If being a FILTHY CASUAL counts as being a gamer. :twisted:

/sarcasm

Green Nidoking

kiwifarms.net
Marvin said:
CatParty said:
Nah, I don't think Chris is a hoarder. His room is a mess, but that's more just because he's childish.

Well, to some extent, maybe. More likely, he's mostly nostalgic for the old games, mementos, and other crap he has, or tells himself "I'll get around to playing/using it (again) someday". Hardly a hoarding mentality. I still have Pokémon Fire Red and Sonic Battle kicking around in my house, as well as a few other GBA games that I've picked up and replayed from time to time.

I mean, Chris literally doesn't have any other place to store his things in that house, does he? It's his room or outside under a tarp, basically. Considering he's got a fair few years' worth of :tugboat: purchased stuff in there, it's actually a little impressive that his room isn't a wall of boxes like every other one at his home.

Status
Not open for further replies.