Does Chris really qualify as a gamer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyperion

D E A D
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
He's a bad but he picks up a controller. Frankly his supreme lack of skills makes him sort of a window-into-hell for me because it reminds me that I could have been so much worse at vidya.

homerbeoulve

99% nerd, 1% sane. 100% human.
kiwifarms.net
As a gamer, yes he is a gamer. But not being discriminating here, I'll be honest he's casual at best.

Picklepower

This isnt even my final form
kiwifarms.net
It seems like everyone one has their own specific definition of "gamer". Whenever I see drama with my fellow comic fans, or anime fans over, "WHAT IS A TRUE FAN???" I'm just like, enjoy the shit and shut the fuck up please. The "Filthy Casual" label isn't just a gamer thing, these types of dumbass arguments occur in Comic, Anime, and all kinds of other fandoms, and the main argument I hear is, (best comic book guy impression) "If you have not read (insert comic series) or know (insert anime series) then you are not a true fan!" and I'm just like, whatever man.

Henry Bemis

just a fragment of what man has deeded to himself
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Isn't asking this question kind of like how people tried downplaying Chris's assignation with the prostitute as "not real sex?"

Chris had real sex, and he is a gamer.

CatParty

Boo
Forum Staff
⚡ Thunderdomer ⚡
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Marvin said:
CatParty said:
He's a hoarder. He doesn't play for fun. He has the compulsion to just keep gathering more and more digital stuff.
Nah, I don't think Chris is a hoarder. His room is a mess, but that's more just because he's childish. I don't think he's genuinely a hoarder in any serious way. He wouldn't develop 14BC into what Barb developed it in on his own, for example.

I didn't mean a physical hoarder. Digitally it seems to be the case. But the idea of a collector is also a good description. I mean at first glance it seems he indiscriminately purchases whatever games he views as a deal and yet plays very few of them. But then you look at something like the Simpsons game he plays and you see him just purchasing content without any care at all of the cost. It seems like a compulsion. He just seems to obsessively gather things. As to the motivation? Who knows. But it really seems he subscribes to that old saying "whoever has the most toys, wins" except digitally.

Fuzzy Wuzzy

Fuzzy Purple Fox
kiwifarms.net
No because a gamer enjoys every game he plays. What you're witnessing is an example of digital hoarding to make up for one's isolation. When you take his autism into account, it can be argued that he may have OCD or has picked up his hoarding traits from his mother where he has to get something he likes as much as possible to make himself feel secure and never be bored. I don't recall if Chris whined anything about being bored or not but he has a lot of games he bought so I don't see how he could complain about boredom so soon.

KatsuKitty

Stone-Cold Bitch
kiwifarms.net
The answer to this question is extraordinarily obvious.

Chris buys a shit ton of games because he's a world-class sucker of a consumer, and not even an Adult Autistic Child has all the time in the world to play everything he buys.

Nothing else to discuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.