E3 (but not really) 2022

• Registration without invitation will be until July 4th, and we are reforming account penalties.

MalwareBytes has, again, blocked both the .net and .cc domains for the Kiwi Farms. Complain to them, not me.

Judge Dredd

Senior Layout Artist
kiwifarms.net
I have little-no interest in Xenoblade or Fire Emblem at this point, but seeing 40 year old Nintendo fans and lefties rage at them simply existing is good.

Is Dragon's Dogma really that good? The gameplay must carry it because I never hear anyone praise its story or characters, and the art style is bland.
Honestly, not really. There's a Joseph Anderson review that shares most of my opinions. The game is grindy, there's ways for your progress to basically be halted by RNG, if you're a fighter type good luck when flying enemies appear, if the shop keeper gets killed, you can't upgrade your weapons and you're basically screwed, despite a huge open world map screen the world is basically half a dozen hallways leading from a central hub city, among other general annoyances.

The game has one big feature that makes it fun though. You have a NPC ally called a pawn. To fill out your party you summon other people's pawns, and your pawn goes out and joins other people when your not playing. It's a great system that adds a lot to the game, and it's one of those ideas I'm amazed hasn't been stolen.

IrishGuy088

kiwifarms.net
I hope we'll see Yo-Kai Watch 4 and Megaton Musashi ported outside of Japan.
That would be awesome. Sadly (well not really, it's a pretty good series) I think the only game Level-5 is expecting to release outside of Japan is the new Inazuma Eleven game. And I only say that because they released English trailers for that game like, five years ago. Pretty sure Yo-Kai Watch 4 was taken off the table last year and I have no idea about Megaton. If memory serves, they are no longer releasing much of anything to markets outside of Japan and the only reason I think Inazuma might be on the global release list is because of how damn long ago they announced it so they're kind of obligated. Plus they have a huge Spanish/Portuguese-speaking market for that one.

Either way it's kind of a bummer because Level-5 makes some of the best games.

SiccDicc

The Defenestrator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
HYENAS is actually the worst thing I've seen so far. I really can't put into words the abject horror of listening to this... thing prattle on about memes and how it's a game or how there's rich billionaires on Earth wanting things and that's bad you should stop that. Who the fuck cares if some dipshit wants an amusement park in his backyard? If he's leaving me alone that's great. The entire game looks like it was designed by spoiled children with no imagination whatsoever.

Say what you want about the indie shit and them being retarded, but this right here... this was shit SEGA pumped millions into probably.

NoonmanR

kiwifarms.net
That would be awesome. Sadly (well not really, it's a pretty good series) I think the only game Level-5 is expecting to release outside of Japan is the new Inazuma Eleven game. And I only say that because they released English trailers for that game like, five years ago. Pretty sure Yo-Kai Watch 4 was taken off the table last year and I have no idea about Megaton. If memory serves, they are no longer releasing much of anything to markets outside of Japan and the only reason I think Inazuma might be on the global release list is because of how damn long ago they announced it so they're kind of obligated. Plus they have a huge Spanish/Portuguese-speaking market for that one.

Either way it's kind of a bummer because Level-5 makes some of the best games.
The soccer game is bound to come out because it and layton are published by nintendo outside of japan, and thus don't rely on their localization branch they shuttered. Yokai watch is too, but i woupdn't be shocked if they realized jap flavored pokemon wasn't catching on.

Welsh Catgirl Enjoyer

kiwifarms.net
I have little-no interest in Xenoblade or Fire Emblem at this point, but seeing 40 year old Nintendo fans and lefties rage at them simply existing is good.
"WHY ARE THE XENOBLADE AND FIRE EMBLEM DEVS MAKING XENOBLADE AND FIRE EMBLEM GAMES? WHERE IS MY NEW PUNCH-OUT. I WANT STAR-FOX."

Jokes aside, Nintendo fans are a weird bunch because they'll get in a massive frenzy and act like there's a long-dormant series that everyone has played and Nintendo is just ignoring the masses by not making a new game, but then you ask them if they've actually played the game and the answer is "well, no".

How many F-Zero fans do you think have actually played F-Zero?

Sandraker

SHAZBOT
kiwifarms.net
What if I told you that Hyenas was just Lawbreakers 2?

Because honestly that's what it looks like.

I thought the same thing and while I enjoyed Lawbreakers from a gameplay standpoint this looks like pandering shit. It even takes the anti gravity stuff.

Lawbreakers at least was a game first and came out at the wrong time, this screams corporate ip flexing since the modern consumer will be interested in anything as long as you dangle some shit they can't let go of from their childhood in their face.

Judge Dredd

Senior Layout Artist
kiwifarms.net
while I enjoyed Lawbreakers from a gameplay standpoint this looks like pandering shit.
Just like the original Lawbreakers then?

I did. GX is one of my all time favourite racing games.

Nintendo fans are a weird bunch because they'll get in a massive frenzy and act like there's a long-dormant series that everyone has played and Nintendo is just ignoring the masses by not making a new game
They're kind of right though. StarFox has been getting shit games since Assault, and Metroid was dormant for years before Dread. It's everything around that that justifies the thread about them. Consoomers that only want re-releases of their childhood favourites and sperging out about the potential Smash roster.

ChefKiss

Autism Sommelier
kiwifarms.net
Jokes aside, Nintendo fans are a weird bunch because they'll get in a massive frenzy and act like there's a long-dormant series that everyone has played and Nintendo is just ignoring the masses by not making a new game, but then you ask them if they've actually played the game and the answer is "well, no".

"everyone" doesn't have to play it, if a core group of people have played it and know it's good then they're absolutely right to pester nintendo to give it another try, especially when the good games were exclusively released on failed consoles.
Nintendo fans are weird but let's not pretend "(widely agreed to be good) game was good you should make another" is the same as "Fuck you nintendo if I dont get Sans undertale in smash I hate you"

Vyse Inglebard

But it looks... different.
kiwifarms.net
"everyone" doesn't have to play it, if a core group of people have played it and know it's good then they're absolutely right to pester nintendo to give it another try, especially when the good games were exclusively released on failed consoles.
They're fortunate though, because unlike my hopeless situation, Nintendo might actually listen to them every once in a while. Metroid Dread, WarioWare: Get it Together, etc. And even when they don't, their lineup of new stuff is usually intriguing enough to warrant at least a passing glance.

Unlike SEGA, who are content to piss away their money exclusively on Sonic games, Yakuza games, and Persona games. Occasionally you get a Sonic Mania, or a Streets of Rage 4, or an Alex Kidd DX but those are few and far between.

Notice also how, whenever SEGA does get off their lazy asses and does something with their legacy franchises, it's always Genesis/Master System titles. Want a Blue Stinger remake, or a Skies of Arcadia remaster, or a new Virtua Cop, or a new Billy Hatcher? Well, no, sorry. But, we DO have a Woke FPS in the works from the Alien: Isolation devs, and an open-world Sonic game that may or may not be total shit, that totally makes up for it right?!
86be0b3ec5e7d4ef82860978308903dc.jpg

TL;DR: Being a fan of Ninty's lesser-known franchises at least has a chance of paying off eventually. Being a fan of SEGA's lesser-known franchises (that aren't primarily on the Genesis/Master System) is just setting yourself up for massive disappointment after massive disappointment, for all eternity.

Two Dollars

kiwifarms.net
Don’t lefties love Fire Emblem? It was the first (and currently only?) Nintendo franchise to feature gay marriage, and the only people I saw who were happy about Byleth being in Smash were almost exclusively far left Twitter users.