Empathy Quotient - Shitty test online, we all know the drill

polonium

By your genders combined, I am Captain Tumblr
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
These are worded so badly, it's beyond obvious what the "right" answer is.
They might as well have just had "I want to get a result that is autistic: Y/N" as question number one and skipped the rest.

Anyway:
Screenshot from 2018-04-16 17-18-16.png

Is it really autism when you know exactly what the other person's feelings are but just don't care?

2al

kiwifarms.net
Your Empathy Quotient score was 35 out of a possible 80.

Scores above 30 are generally not indicative of an Autism Spectrum disorder.

kinglordsupreme19

Diurnal Dominance Dispenser
kiwifarms.net
Is it really autism when you know exactly what the other person's feelings are but just don't care?
Autism is traditionally defined by a lack of cognitive empathy (ability to recognise). However, a lot of autists I've encountered are also very deficient in affective empathy (the instinctual ability to 'feel' other people even if they pick up on facial expressions).

The line between the two is actually rather blurry, such as cases like my own; the observer does perceive the changes in people's facial expressions and body language, but the observer lacks the affective mechanism (the 'gut feeling') that tells them what that feeling may be or furnishes an instinctual response by the observer to a change in their interlocutor. Thus the observer has to deduce or induce the emotional state of their interlocutor based upon prior experience and general principles of human behaviour.

In truth, I think cognitive and affective empathy aren't truly possible to distangle. However, they're a useful explanatory device in generally trying to explain why an autist is distinct from a psychopath, so they'll probably stay around and it's probably for the better that we have them in our conceptual toolbox.

Last edited:
Reactions: polonium

Vrakks

Please... I go by Gold Diamond now.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
48. A little socially awkward but very empathetic in all the general senses. Also I worry too much about what people think of me so that probably did some.

DonaldChump

kiwifarms.net

Scores above 30 are generally not indicative of austism.

"Generally not..." :thoughtful:

These are worded so badly, it's beyond obvious what the "right" answer is.
That's like every online test, though, it's why theyre fucking exceptional. But theyre still kinda fun for like 45 seconds just to see what you get even if youre not taking it seriously.

Last edited:
Reactions: ThePurpleProse
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino