Far Cry 5 Has Us Confused (And Uncomfortable) - Woke journalists struggle with internal consistency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Secret Asshole

Expert in things that never, ever happened
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Polygon hasn't been relevant for games sales in at least a decade. It only survives thanks to people clicking on it to mock the articles or a small group of progressive faggots who want to hear their own opinion and jerk themselves off, but never buy or play games.

Kuchera is a useless, hypocritical cuck faggot who used to make rape and holocaust jokes and once compared handling a PS4 controller to groping a woman's tit. Now he pisses himself when he has to play with guns and writes useless verbal diarrhea for a dying website. I would be its only a matter of time before it came out he was a creeper and sexual harraser.

:thinking:

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Polygon hasn't been relevant for games sales in at least a decade. It only survives thanks to people clicking on it to mock the articles or a small group of progressive faggots who want to hear their own opinion and jerk themselves off, but never buy or play games.

Kuchera is a useless, hypocritical cuck faggot who used to make rape and holocaust jokes and once compared handling a PS4 controller to groping a woman's tit. Now he pisses himself when he has to play with guns and writes useless verbal diarrhea for a dying website. I would be its only a matter of time before it came out he was a creeper and sexual harraser.
His face alone would give him a lifetime in prison.
This is someone who owns an ice cream van and a clown outfit.

IMG_0096.JPG

Secret Asshole

Expert in things that never, ever happened
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
https://www.forbes.com/sites/insert...tical-to-the-point-of-absurdity/#7bd351685c2e

Forbes is mad that a videogame doesn't want to just shout their own political ideology back at them

The game has you fighting a nutty cult. There was a guy recently who trafficked sex slaves, branded women, humilates them and all around controlling. There is nothing political about a cult. It's about a manipulative piece of shit exploiting people.

A cult is apolitical. Obviously they are going for a more Charlie Manson sort of vibe mixed with religion.

They haven't existed for a decade yet, are you thinking of Kotaku?

All these fucking rags just blur into each other at this point.

Ruin

Mercenary Slut
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Playing through it now and the dev team have to be shitlords, these weapon descriptions are fucking hilarious.

SA50 Free State ~ This gun is only for a well equipped militia which is necessary for a free state.

SMG-11 ~ This subcompact machine pistol will burn through bullets faster than a fake news story gets shared.

:story:

Polish Hot Dog (spicie)

jestem najlepsza
kiwifarms.net
Playing through it now and the dev team have to be shitlords, these weapon descriptions are fucking hilarious.

SA50 Free State ~ This gun is only for a well equipped militia which is necessary for a free state.

SMG-11 ~ This subcompact machine pistol will burn through bullets faster than a fake news story gets shared.

Alright, alright, it's on my wishlist, jeez
why don't they use the real names though it's less cool

I am pretty assmad about the day 1 DLC though - 29.99 for the season pass for extra major DLC (read: cut content) - then again it doesn't have Steam Achievements so I literally give zero shits about buying the Season Pass to be a completionist

aqua sama

nature's beauty
kiwifarms.net
Alright, alright, it's on my wishlist, jeez
why don't they use the real names though it's less cool

I am pretty assmad about the day 1 DLC though - 29.99 for the season pass for extra major DLC (read: cut content) - then again it doesn't have Steam Achievements so I literally give zero shits about buying the Season Pass to be a completionist

they dont use real names, because they would probably have to pay some kind of fee.
Same reason Resient evil stopped using real life guns, I think.

Vorhtbame

The prettiest zombie-slayer
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
"All I ask is that I be able to live my fantasy life in a place where nobody disagrees with me, everyone is and does exactly what I personally think is best, and anyone who even says things I don't like can be murdered without repercussions.

"What's a cult?"

captkrisma

kiwifarms.net

The long scope attachment for rifles even fucks with flat-earthers because OF COURSE IT DOES.

farcry_5_has_no_chil.jpg

TiggerNits

Yankee vampire living off the blood of the poor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The game has you fighting a nutty cult. There was a guy recently who trafficked sex slaves, branded women, humilates them and all around controlling. There is nothing political about a cult. It's about a manipulative piece of shit exploiting people.

A cult is apolitical. Obviously they are going for a more Charlie Manson sort of vibe mixed with religion.

All these fucking rags just blur into each other at this point.

I had a good laugh as I was playing through and realized "These guys are just Hipster ISIS"

EDIT:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kevinm...e-ordering-a-game-is-a-bad-idea/#41b55cb915d2

Forbes continues to be salty. Funny thing is you can tell by the language that the 60+ year old guy writing this hasn't played it yet and is just basing his perception on other reviews

Last edited:

SpaceGodzilla

kiwifarms.net
I'm really glad this game is apparently very apolitical and just features a batshit cult as the antagonists. Politics in games is usually done in a hamfisted way even if I agree or mostly agree with the stance. The flavor text on items and the dog companion are also great.

As for Wolfenstein...I love those games. I don't expect much from them other than blowing up crazy cyborg nazis. It's pretty well-established what to expect with Wolfenstein and both sides flipping their shit was extremely obnoxious.

TiggerNits

Yankee vampire living off the blood of the poor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Hell, it bares a ton of similarity to an event that happened pretty close to where I have some property, but the cultists were all black and tried to blame the county, which was heavily white and hispanic as racist, but a LOT of black folks in the same area due to being in the military (nearby base was the home and birthplace of the Buffalo Soldiers) never had any issue. I know a few former cops from a nearby town who are hispanic and they remember the entire thing as a shitload of assholes from Chicago race baiting the cops and trying to cover up all manner of child abuse and criminal activity.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_Valley_shootout

Racist Trash

It never changes.
kiwifarms.net

Is there a mode where all the rifles are called AR-15 and all the pistols Glocks?

Polish Hot Dog (spicie)

jestem najlepsza
kiwifarms.net
they dont use real names, because they would probably have to pay some kind of fee.
Same reason Resient evil stopped using real life guns, I think.
Yeah, but it's Ubi.
I think they have enough in their coffers to secure it - even though the point is to make maximum profit, and as such I realize I have answered my own question, fuck me.

Status
Not open for further replies.