Fasting -

Doc Cassidy

Notorious Bum Driller
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Just skip breakfast. Don't eat anything from dinner to lunch and make sure you don't compensate by eating more during your meals. It's really easy to do although it might take time to get used to if you're used to eating breakfast.

Also stop snacking all day long, it makes you fat.

Potatopatato

kiwifarms.net
Fasting doesn't work in my experience.

I'm a lardass, always have been, trying to rectify it. Tried fasting once, and I just put on weight.

In my experience, fasting left me with little to no energy to do the one thing that actually works: exercising. Sure, it's hard work when compared to fasting, but that's the fucking point. You need to work hard to lose weight.

The body is pretty good at altering how you store fat when food is scarce, too. Namely by storing more fat and trying to keep you from losing those pounds. Fasting can trigger this change fairly easily.

I'm not saying you gotta stuff your face, but you need your three squares a day.

I went from 300 to 260 just by getting off my fat ass.

Fasting?, isn't that what the sand dwellers do?. Why would you even do that lol just eat less shit and exercise more, stop being lazy.
They also don't bathe while they fast in the middle of the fucking summer.

Their women get especially rank if they're on the rag.

Visitor

Prove you are human
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
For a good while I was doing 3 day fasts drinking loads of water and coffee (wouldn't recommend the coffee but it helped me,) then 3 days or more eating mostly green veg and meat and drinking tard cum. Doing that as well as cutting sugar out of my diet completely as much as possible lead to me losing quite a bit of weight in a relatively short time, it was very rewarding. My general mood improved significantly, I felt like I had more energy and I started sleeping a lot better. 10/10 would recommend.

Don't do this, fam. If anything, skip dinner or eat much lighter during the evening hours.
Breakfast is a scam, your body doesn't even start processing nutrients efficiently until hours after you wake up, breakfast is a fucking meme, only cereal companies think breakfast is "the most important meal of the day." There is NOTHING to back it up. Eat light during the day, don't snack, and eat a hefty dinner that isn't full of garbage.

Potatopatato

kiwifarms.net
I find this hard to believe. You realise fasting means not eating as opposed to eating fast? What were you drinking?
My dude, did you not read? The issue I had with fasting was that I found I didn't have the energy to exercise. People's bodies also tend to burn less fat when food is scarce. When you don't eat, your metabolism slows down.

Less energy to getting off your fat ass+your body not getting the message that you're not eating as a choice=your body storing more fat than it should.

You need to eat to function, so depriving yourself of healthy meals isn't gonna work if you want to lose weight.

Feels Over Reals

Dying tickles
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
My dude, did you not read? The issue I had with fasting was that I found I didn't have the energy to exercise. People's bodies also tend to burn less fat when food is scarce. When you don't eat, your metabolism slows down.

Less energy to getting off your fat ass+your body not getting the message that you're not eating as a choice=your body storing more fat than it should.

You need to eat to function, so depriving yourself of healthy meals isn't gonna work if you want to lose weight.
Or course I read it. You claimed to be a lardass, yet have no energy. I'm sure you see how silly that sounds.

You may have been miserable and lacked the will or motivation to push through it, but you had plenty of energy. Fasting just usually isn't fun at first.

I'm not trying to give you shit, I'm genuinely curious as to why it didn't work for you. I've led fasts for groups in the past and have yet to encounter someone who genuinely couldn't do it who didn't have a medical issue. It was usually a lack of perseverance or not taking some simple steps to make it suck less.

The 'lack of energy' could be a blood sugar thing. A cup of tea with a drop of honey every few hours works wonders during fasts.

Current data tends to indicate we're evolved to fast intermittently, not have 'three sqares' every day or even eat every day. I can point you to sources, if you'd like.

Congrats on the weight loss.

Reactions: Visitor

Visitor

Prove you are human
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

if you continue eating small amounts you aren't fasting, your body will try to use energy that's easily available to it rather than burning fat if you keep putting new stuff in, you need to commit to fasting if you have a lot of fat you want to burn, it's more difficult for your body to use fat as energy than it is to just subsist on whatever small amounts of easy fuel you're putting into it.

If you put on weight you were not fasting, you broke your fast, you did it wrong. Nothing you say will convince me otherwise, fatty.

Reactions: Feels Over Reals

Crunchy Leaf

cronch
kiwifarms.net
For a good while I was doing 3 day fasts drinking loads of water and coffee (wouldn't recommend the coffee but it helped me,) then 3 days or more eating mostly green veg and meat and drinking tard cum. Doing that as well as cutting sugar out of my diet completely as much as possible lead to me losing quite a bit of weight in a relatively short time, it was very rewarding. My general mood improved significantly, I felt like I had more energy and I started sleeping a lot better. 10/10 would recommend.

Breakfast is a scam, your body doesn't even start processing nutrients efficiently until hours after you wake up, breakfast is a fucking meme, only cereal companies think breakfast is "the most important meal of the day." There is NOTHING to back it up. Eat light during the day, don't snack, and eat a hefty dinner that isn't full of garbage.
People say breakfast is a scam, but if I wind up skipping breakfast because I don't have enough time for it, I feel shitty. So I try to eat breakfast.

I occasionally do intermittent fasting by not getting out of bed on the weekends until 3 or later. Would not recommend this.

Reactions: Buster O'Keefe

Potatopatato

kiwifarms.net
if you continue eating small amounts you aren't fasting, your body will try to use energy that's easily available to it rather than burning fat if you keep putting new stuff in, you need to commit to fasting if you have a lot of fat you want to burn, it's more difficult for your body to use fat as energy than it is to just subsist on whatever small amounts of easy fuel you're putting into it.

If you put on weight you were not fasting, you broke your fast, you did it wrong. Nothing you say will convince me otherwise, fatty.
The issue wasn't me eating, it was me having no energy to work out. YMMV, but from what I experienced, I had less energy while fasting. Thus I couldn't push myself to walk that extra mile or lift that extra weight. Even an egg or an orange in the morning made a difference when it came to being able to push past what I did the day before.

With a proper diet, less sugary/greasy foodstuff and more getting off my flabby ass, I have been losing the weight. Still got another hundred to go, and I'm looking forward to it.

Or course I read it. You claimed to be a lardass, yet have no energy. I'm sure you see how silly that sounds.

You may have been miserable and lacked the will or motivation to push through it, but you had plenty of energy. Fasting just usually isn't fun at first.

I'm not trying to give you shit, I'm genuinely curious as to why it didn't work for you. I've led fasts for groups in the past and have yet to encounter someone who genuinely couldn't do it who didn't have a medical issue. It was usually a lack of perseverance or not taking some simple steps to make it suck less.

The 'lack of energy' could be a blood sugar thing. A cup of tea with a drop of honey every few hours works wonders during fasts.

Current data tends to indicate we're evolved to fast intermittently, not have 'three sqares' every day or even eat every day. I can point you to sources, if you'd like.

Congrats on the weight loss.
It is silly, admittedly, but it's what I experienced. The lack of energy might have been psychological, but it just didn't work. Fasting left me feeling weak physically. It was like being made of jello. I noticed a dip in what I was able to do in the gym or in how many laps I could swim.

I do/did drink tea with a small bit of brown sugar in the mornings, but it wasn't the same.

Joe_Camel

Null's feeder fetish
kiwifarms.net
Water fast master race. Find out what you're made of, son. I've seen people on youtube forgo eating for a month. Shit really messes with your brain though, because we've been taught that you have to eat every day, and unlearning that shit is trippy. Day four or five when your intestinal factory shuts down and you get all that extra energy into your brain you start warbling internally and panicking a little. It's like keeping your head underwater for a couple seconds longer than you're used to.

Mind over matter.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cthulu

Gus

Interlocutor
kiwifarms.net
I've been feeling sluggish and lightly ill for the last month or so. Decided to try water fasting to clean out my system and I feel a lot better. It was hard for the first couple days, but it settled after that. I've found that adding various salts to your water helps a ton. Still puts you out of the gym, in my experience, but you won't feel like the living dead.

chops

How many edged weapons do you see now?
kiwifarms.net

It's current year and you're not fasting for the Lord?

Last edited:

Gus

Interlocutor
kiwifarms.net
A merciful and wise god would want one to be healthy - meaning neither gluttonous nor anorexic, but balanced and considered.

Reactions: Yaoi Zowie
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino