Sonichu FB 6/11/17 - Chris Apologizes Very Much - and wants your fan art

• We are being DDoS attacked still and 12,000 people are reading about incest. Expect weird errors. Most should go away by refreshing. Emails (registration / password reset) appear to be working; be sure to check spam.

THE MERGE IS ON.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilby

Sorry, but not sorry!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Anyone want to draw Spectorchu? He's a lovable Sonichu with an afro who was well-known as CWCville's top music producer and personal friend of Jamsta. Unfortunately he was Wrongly Imprisoned when he shot and killed Lolisa.
1497302026424-1564169357.jpg

timtommy

I am a damn Smoker!
kiwifarms.net
Chris has demonstrated many times over the past couple of years that he doesn't understand how corporate sponsorship works. Example; his constant shilling for Blue Apron. Obviously a company has to approach a content creator to plug their product on whatever type of media they are producing. Web page, Youtube videos, comic books, whatever. The point is that the media content has high enough viewer-ship of the types of audience that the marketer wants to reach out to. This is why so many high subscriber Youtubers now shill for junk like Loot Crate, or Crunchy Roll. They get paid to do it based on their already existing success at reaching out to lots of people. Chris reaches no one besides us, and no company on Earth would want him as a spokesperson, unless they are using him as the face of 'why we need eugenics'. He doesn't get this, and sees Youtubers constantly stopping their videos to say, 'hey, how about that Audible.com!?'. He's aware enough to know that they get paid for saying that, but isn't aware that they had a contract to say it first. So Chris plugs products in his dumb videos hoping he'll somehow get money for it. That, or more dishearteningly, he just thinks that hearing content creators plug products is what audiences want in their videos, and he's just imitating what successful content creators do.

I honestly think that he does it because he thinks that is what people do. He has been putting in fake advertising to his stuff for decades. And he always sounds like an ad when he talks about products. He doesn't say he had wrap at McDonald's like a normal human does, he refers to it as a Healthy McWrap.

My sense of his thinking is "all of the 'real' content I see has ads. Therefore to be/seem real, I have to have ads." So he just throws them in.

Part of me also thinks that he falls for it every time some content creator transitions into plugging a product, as if that is a totally normal way of talking about things. So he thinks that a normal and natural way of yammering about nerdy stuff is to yammer for a while, pause and say "oh yeah, I just remembered a product I like", and then go back to yammering. But maybe that is being to harsh on him.

But I don't get the sense he particularly expects Blue Apron to sponsor him.

Feline Darkmage

Gamer Gril Queen
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I honestly think that he does it because he thinks that is what people do. He has been putting in fake advertising to his stuff for decades. And he always sounds like an ad when he talks about products. He doesn't say he had wrap at McDonald's like a normal human does, he refers to it as a Healthy McWrap.

My sense of his thinking is "all of the 'real' content I see has ads. Therefore to be/seem real, I have to have ads." So he just throws them in.

Part of me also thinks that he falls for it every time some content creator transitions into plugging a product, as if that is a totally normal way of talking about things. So he thinks that a normal and natural way of yammering about nerdy stuff is to yammer for a while, pause and say "oh yeah, I just remembered a product I like", and then go back to yammering. But maybe that is being to harsh on him.

For those that think this is tl;dr, CWC is basically :autism: + being raised by the television

Tragi-Chan

A thousand years old
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This is basically a small scale version of that proposal he made to Sega where he'd be paid $100,000 to sit in an office and fart ideas out while other people did the actual work of making Sonichu into games and comics. He's fallen into the old pattern of coming up with an idea to make money off Sonichu, then getting bored as soon as it starts to feel like work. Now he's trying to have his cake and eat it - make money off Sonichu comics while not working.

Anyway, I'm going to pitch my idea for what I call Ultimate Sonichu. It's exactly the same as regular Sonichu, except all the male characters have external genitalia.

Trilby

Sorry, but not sorry!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Of course this ways back over a decade, like his Axe Body Spray ad in Sonichu or plugging the Nintendo GameCube in his Animal Crossing Documentary.

More a case of how the media has ruined his perception of what is socially acceptable by thinking that's how we act.

For those that think this is tl;dr, CWC is basically :autism: + being raised by the television

This is basically a small scale version of that proposal he made to Sega where he'd be paid $100,000 to sit in an office and fart ideas out while other people did the actual work of making Sonichu into games and comics. He's fallen into the old pattern of coming up with an idea to make money off Sonichu, then getting bored as soon as it starts to feel like work. Now he's trying to have his cake and eat it - make money off Sonichu comics while not working.
In some way, he's like a producer, or an editor-in-chief of his own Sonichu franchise of sorts, basically sitting back while a team of writers, artists, and other creatives are slaved to come up with the right ideas/concepts that only he has final say on. I could just picture him tarding off of every little thing like "Sonichu wouldn't say/do that!" or "Rosechu's boobs should be bigger!"

Anyway, I'm going to pitch my idea for what I call Ultimate Sonichu. It's exactly the same as regular Sonichu, except all the male characters have external genitalia.
:story:

Needless to say, I'm sure we all feel that way about it!

trueandhonestfan

I'll drink my agua to that!
kiwifarms.net

At least Sonichu won't be as terrible, but then it won't be worth reading either.
This will offend Chris. He hates those big ugly growths!

Witlich

Semi - Clever Girl
kiwifarms.net
One could submit a badass female character, but she'd wind up being turned into a mindless floozy like most of the other Rosechus or flat villain like Silvana. And she'd come out too simplified appearance-wise if Chris drew her.

Throwaway Rosechu creation? Do y'all kiwis want it for experimental purposes or would it be too :autism:?

Witlich

Semi - Clever Girl
kiwifarms.net
Here she is, ready to be ravaged and cannibalized by Chris's poor character development skills.

chaldene_by_imnurhest-dbcjcc1.png

Chaldene's the hard-ass of CWCville. Not only a lesbian, she works at a leather store making and repairing belts and shoes. The occasional customer will wander in, but that's only if they can find the store tucked far away in the CWCville mall.

So, what do you think? Should I send it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.