[Feb-2019] Subnautica - The search for the next "Chill Stream" savior

Haunter

Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The night before last night, Phil became disillusioned with his "Chill" stream staple BLOPs4's abilities to continue to bring in the "interaction"

"That's it for Call of Duty tonight, guys. Thanks for watching.
Uh.
I guess what I'll do, I'll probably will not be doing this as a late stream. This was really- I think I've only done this once or twice as a late stream?
Uhm.
It didn't really bring many people out! It didn't bring many contributions out! It didn't do that much.
*LEG SLAP*
So.
That sucks! Because, right now, I REALLY NEED THEM! And, uh, apparently, I didn't do a good job of picking the right thing for it tonight."
Last night, he became disillusioned with his other "Chill" stream staple, Minecraft

Phil has pointed out that there is another slow "late night" stream. He doesn't know what is wrong.

Haha, just kidding, he immediately said that he suspects that people are burned out on Minecraft. He's doing it too often, maybe once a month would be better. Have to go to Subnautica for some variety.
Someone sent him a copy of Subnautica. So now it's up to Subnautica to bring the "interaction"

(courtesy of @N0thingICanDo)

Phil's dumped two games he's depended on in two days. Will game #3 see a turn in Phil's fortune?

JamFlowMan

kiwifarms.net
Looked up what this game was, saw "survival" and "crafting," and now i'm confused why anyone would buy Phil this game. Is it the same guy who walks him through Minecraft? Does that guy have a fetish for telling someone step by step instructions for video games while throwing change at them?

Colloid

kiwifarms.net
Even if by some miracle he doesn't quit the game early and gets enough handholding tips from chat to make it far, he's going to struggle when he has to go into dangerous biomes and start dodging predators like the Reaper Leviathans, Ghost Leviathans, and Sea Dragons. Getting past those critters takes patience, stealth, and decent reflexes which Dark has none of going off of his experiences with games like MGS and any fps. The dude is going to obliviously swim right into a leviathan, die (or at least lose his vehicle), and then blame the game for having a monster that kills him in two hits, and then he'll repeat until he either gets lucky with the bad monster AI or rage-quit.

HolocaustDenier

MEEEEEEEE REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
kiwifarms.net
Looked up what this game was, saw "survival" and "crafting," and now i'm confused why anyone would buy Phil this game. Is it the same guy who walks him through Minecraft? Does that guy have a fetish for telling someone step by step instructions for video games while throwing change at them?
MrPapaveracea? he said he didnt know much about subnautica and he was a slow typer to google stuff for him :(

Raven'sChild

Peep, peep, RAWR!!!!!!111one
kiwifarms.net
Watching the forum listed restream ( not liking the random soundbytes that have been added ).
Handholding was at a minimum, but I expected this and so should have D$P. Minecraft has been a much beloved game of MILLIONS of players for about a decade. Subnautica....not many of his viewers have played it nor are many of them sandbox survival gamers. Thus, the regulars got bored and talked among themselves basically ignoring D$P ( who as usual refused to join in their convo even when quasi-invited to via a random cheer). Folks he pulled in off the game page got frustrated by his constant complaining, his broken record '...I don't know what to do...' mantra and his pretty much only acknowledging the messages in chat with quarters taped to them or from names with sub-badges while basically calling non badged folks lairs ("...I don't know if I believe that...oh, *insert name with a sub badge* says *insert what non badge person just suggested* Oh, I'll do that thanks")lost those potential return viewers. Can't see this becoming his new go-to night stream game due to it requiring thought, not telling him what to do every step of the way ( nor his chat ) and not generating the step-by-step hand holding cheers. I see a wage quit in this game's near future seeing as it was donated by a fan, thus costing D$P nothing.

Haunter

Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Watching the forum listed restream ( not liking the random soundbytes that have been added ).
Handholding was at a minimum, but I expected this and so should have D$P. Minecraft has been a much beloved game of MILLIONS of players for about a decade. Subnautica....not many of his viewers have played it nor are many of them sandbox survival gamers. Thus, the regulars got bored and talked among themselves basically ignoring D$P ( who as usual refused to join in their convo even when quasi-invited to via a random cheer). Folks he pulled in off the game page got frustrated by his constant complaining, his broken record '...I don't know what to do...' mantra and his pretty much only acknowledging the messages in chat with quarters taped to them or from names with sub-badges while basically calling non badged folks lairs ("...I don't know if I believe that...oh, *insert name with a sub badge* says *insert what non badge person just suggested* Oh, I'll do that thanks")lost those potential return viewers. Can't see this becoming his new go-to night stream game due to it requiring thought, not telling him what to do every step of the way ( nor his chat ) and not generating the step-by-step hand holding cheers. I see a wage quit in this game's near future seeing as it was donated by a fan, thus costing D$P nothing.
Yeah, I don't see him sticking with this, or whatever the next "Chill Stream" saviours will be. (Interesting, he's searching for a game that'll save his first streams, and now he's also searching for a game to save his second.) I'm considering changing this thread's title to account for whatever the coming incarnations his "Chill Stream" saviours will take.

Reactions: Cyber Bowling
lol I think someone donated $21 but it was "too close" to the end of the stream so Phil didn't post it.
Correct, 10 minutes before the stream ended, someone did that. He immediately followed up in chat, saying that it's ok. He had at least a 20 dollar bit badge too(thats the teal colored one i believe)
He enjoys being cucked, i think.

Pubic Enemy #1

Oi m8 wot if ur mam was an email
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, I don't see him sticking with this, or whatever the next "Chill Stream" saviours will be. (Interesting, he's searching for a game that'll save his first streams, and now he's also searching for a game to save his second.) I'm considering changing this thread's title to account for whatever the coming incarnations his "Chill Stream" saviours will take.
I know what will save DSP's streams! He just needs to search for a new face and brain and personality.

Wurstbrot

Basic Understanding Of Time
kiwifarms.net
Do we know the version? PC? PS4?

Even my monster of a computer can't handle Subnautica properly, so unless they optimized it lately to run on calculators it will be a frame dropping festival.

I have no idea how fluid the PS4 performance is. But I think he prefers a console, easy to play.

Comma

kiwifarms.net
It's Chillception, dood. :stress:

actually

Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
lol I think someone donated $21 but it was "too close" to the end of the stream so Phil didn't post it.
Correct, 10 minutes before the stream ended, someone did that. He immediately followed up in chat, saying that it's ok. He had at least a 20 dollar bit badge too(thats the teal colored one i believe)
He enjoys being cucked, i think.
It was fjresto.

Do we know the version? PC? PS4?

Even my monster of a computer can't handle Subnautica properly, so unless they optimized it lately to run on calculators it will be a frame dropping festival.

I have no idea how fluid the PS4 performance is. But I think he prefers a console, easy to play.
It was console for sure. Probably the PS4.

Colloid

kiwifarms.net
It was fjresto.

It was console for sure. Probably the PS4.
I hope his fans enjoy watching it run like shit then because it’s poorly optimized for consoles. Even my 5 year old laptop can handle the game better than a One X or Pro can. This game will have the same problems that his Dead by Daylight stream had (frameskips and long load times out the wazoo) all because Dark is a stubborn old man that refuses to get with the times.

Orange Banana

kiwifarms.net
This is a very steange choice for phil to play. Once you get towards the middle-late game in subnautica it's all about exploration. Even with a map knowing where to go is a cunt of a problem. There is no ingame map and very few landmarks to orient yourself by. At least when I played there were no up to date maps so everything was wrong in one way or another.

Even when he does find everything to make all the things he needs to explore most of it is in caves that are even more confusing. The game itself is great but it REALLY REALLY doesn't lend itself to DSPs style of rushing through things as fast as possible.

If he continues to play after his first ship gets destoryed I'll be amazed.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino