Money Financhu Crisis / Chris sells his stuff megathread -

What's your favourite Chris excuse for wanting money?

• Total voters
Unsurprisingly, Chris did zero research before he bought his iPad and accessories. The stylus he purchased is an Adonit Pro 4 which lacks literally every single standard feature decent styluses have, like pressure/tilt sensitivity and palm rejection. You would get the same capabilities and performance out of a cheap bargain bin stylus.

The software he downloaded is a subscription-based tool, so assuming he didn't just gun for it over its free trial, he's likely paying a subscription to use an art tool that has plenty of features he can't and won't use. The gold standard for iPad art is Procreate, which in the long run costs far less, and is widely used by so many people.

Chris could have hypothetically purchased a cheap Kindle and a $5 stylus, and it would have ended up with the same results and same quality.

Last edited:

TrunksFromDragonballGT

My pronouns are he and her
Unsurprisingly, Chris did zero research before he bought his iPad and accessories. The stylus he purchased is an Adonit Pro 4 which lacks literally every single standard feature decent styluses have, like pressure/tilt sensitivity and palm rejection. You would get the same capabilities and performance out of a cheap bargain bin stylus.

The software he downloaded is a subscription-based tool, so assuming he didn't just gun for it over its free trial, he's likely paying a subscription to use an art tool that has plenty of features he can't and won't use. The gold standard for iPad art is Procreate, which in the long run costs far less, and is widely used by so many people.

Chris could have hypothetically purchased a cheap Kindle and a $5 stylus, and it would have ended up with the same results and same quality.
Why wouldn’t he buy an apple pen like all the other IPad users do? Smh...

And yes Procreate is THE drawing program for IPad. A+!

jawsome

It was always too late.
There are people who are 18-24 year old college students who have loans to pay off but can’t get a stimulus check because of their dependent status. There are elderly people who are terminally ill and dependent on their children who also aren’t eligible.

Then you have a 38 year old man who received a check, who willfully chooses not to work, who ends up buying expensive an electronic toy, then complains and blames it for his obvious lack of artistic talent.

This all kinds of fucked up, man.

If it makes you feel any better, it will be a door stop in about four months.

Dumb beast

Dick Donut
You can buy the most basic Wacom Tablet for like 80 bucks and it comes with a pen and free Clip Studio Pro for two years.
How much does this setup costs?
Because I've never drawn on a screen but I'm pretty sure is not as good as the feel of an actual rough surface from a drawing tablet.
I'm actually giddy, I wanna know if he just gives up on drawing digitally and all that ends up as a waste.

Cantercoin

Ready for the tums festival
You can buy the most basic Wacom Tablet for like 80 bucks and it comes with a pen and free Clip Studio Pro for two years.
How much does this setup costs?
Because I've never drawn on a screen but I'm pretty sure is not as good as the feel of an actual rough surface from a drawing tablet.
I'm actually giddy, I wanna know if he just gives up on drawing digitally and all that ends up as a waste.
Since he's already whining about having to draw digitally, I'd say he's got less than a week before he drops it.

horrorfan89

Now I'm Playing With Power!
There are people who are 18-24 year old college students who have loans to pay off but can’t get a stimulus check because of their dependent status. There are elderly people who are terminally ill and dependent on their children who also aren’t eligible.

Then you have a 38 year old man who received a check, who willfully chooses not to work, who ends up buying an expensive electronic toy, then complains and blames it for his obvious lack of artistic talent.

This all kinds of fucked up, man.
Wow man that sums it up just well if I didn't need a second one so badly I'd almost hope the government never passes another bill to give people like Chris easy money. If it's not Gimmie Gimmie something for nothing but don't expect me give anything backbits wah way way my expensive toy doesn't work right.

Chris really is an overgrown baby

Argh My Cigar

Good morning starshine, the earth says "hello!"
True & Honest Fan
Wow man that sums it up just well if I didn't need a second one so badly I'd almost hope the government never passes another bill to give people like Chris easy money. If it's not Gimmie Gimmie something for nothing but don't expect me give anything backbits wah way way my expensive toy doesn't work right.

Chris really is an overgrown baby
He also actually needs that money; it’s one thing if he’s one of the many families that aren’t suffering any financial hardship so they decide to treat themselves to a new appliance or fancy device, but Chris fucking needs it for groceries and shit during a time where resources are scarce. Then again, he probably didn’t bother with buying toilet paper even before the pandemic.

Tikbalang

Wear your shirt inwards out
If Chris wanted a tablet only for drawing purpose and have no will on learming new techniques, just buy an LCD drawing tablet.

I'm not surprised if Chris recieved bad advice from enablers about this. images.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. 0

god im not good at computer how did this get here
True & Honest Fan
He also actually needs that money; it’s one thing if he’s one of the many families that aren’t suffering any financial hardship so they decide to treat themselves to a new appliance or fancy device, but Chris fucking needs it for groceries and shit during a time where resources are scarce. Then again, he probably didn’t bother with buying toilet paper even before the pandemic.
Did you forget that he does not care about spending money on essentials, that people pay him for attention he doesnt give?

horrorfan89

Now I'm Playing With Power!
Congress Senate is supposed to be voting on the heroes act tommorow, even if the Senate negotiates a deal and votes yes its still gotta get final approval from the big boss himself. Still if it does pass and Chris gets another stimulus check I'm sure he'll brag about it and the new toys he buys this time. And worse probably claim it's a sign of the merge. Aka proof he's finally getting those bottomless cwcvile quarters he has saved up in c 197 and promised everyone he begged for money from he'd pay back with.

Super Colon Blow

Sucks and blows at the same time!
Congress Senate is supposed to be voting on the heroes act tommorow, even if the Senate negotiates a deal and votes yes its still gotta get final approval from the big boss himself. Still if it does pass and Chris gets another stimulus check I'm sure he'll brag about it and the new toys he buys this time. And worse probably claim it's a sign of the merge. Aka proof he's finally getting those bottomless cwcvile quarters he has saved up in c 197 and promised everyone he begged for money from he'd pay back with.
He sure as hell ain't paying them back. Man.... Never forget how selfish the dude is.

Alex Krycek

All my friends are Skeletons
True & Honest Fan
Shoulda known. Everything he does is a copy of somebody else. I have seen various pieces of art done by the girl who made SNT and hers is really good, even if she uses suboptimal software. His still looks like a lazy grade schooler doodled it while not paying attention in math class.
But it wasn’t Chris! It was Sonichu and he just has trouble with pens because he’s not used to our world yet! It has nothing to do with the way Chris holds a pen or lazy work ethic!

Super Colon Blow

Sucks and blows at the same time!
But it wasn’t Chris! It was Sonichu and he just has trouble with pens because he’s not used to our world yet! It has nothing to do with the way Chris holds a pen or lazy work ethic!
lol yes let me see a photo of Sonichu holding the stylus in his goofy yellow paw. Something tells me we know exactly how he does it!