Money Financhu Crisis / Chris sells his stuff megathread -

What's your favourite Chris excuse for wanting money?

• Total voters

Hoodie

You're acting like a real McAsshole
who the fuck spends hundreds of dollars on an ipad, then doesn't spend $10 on procreate? Where did he even find out about this program, it looks like a knock off of Photoshop.
Clip Studio Paint is used by a lot of artists, especially comic/manga artists. Desktop users pay fifty bucks (or cheaper when its on sale twice a year) but tablet/iPad users pay a subscription fee to use it.

Dumb beast

Dick Donut
Clip Studio Paint is used by a lot of artists, especially comic/manga artists. Desktop users pay fifty bucks (or cheaper when its on sale twice a year) but tablet/iPad users pay a subscription fee to use it.
You can also buy a monthly fee in desktop, for about $1usd.
Clip studio is probably the best for desktop but apparently there's a lot more competition in mobiles and tablets.
Whatever, doesn't change the basic fact that Chris just wasted a shit ton of money for something that could be done for <$50 for the exact same shitty results.
1591077817659.png

If Chris wanted a tablet only for drawing purpose and have no will on learming new techniques, just buy an LCD drawing tablet.

.View attachment 1333317
Don't underestimate LCDs, those things force you to draw well because if you don't is all to the trash and start over, of course, unlike Chris, this requires wanting to do it right to begin with.

GherkinRealness

No rape, just hamsters.
You can also buy a monthly fee in desktop, for about $1usd.
Clip studio is probably the best for desktop but apparently there's a lot more competition in mobiles and tablets.
Whatever, doesn't change the basic fact that Chris just wasted a shit ton of money for something that could be done for <$50 for the exact same shitty results.
View attachment 1342082

Don't underestimate LCDs, those things force you to draw well because if you don't is all to the trash and start over, of course, unlike Chris, this requires wanting to do it right to begin with.
Chris wouldn't spend time researching this kind of stuff - he's an impulsive individual, we've known that for years.

I also have a screenless graphics tablet, it took a lot of getting used to and I still wish I had a screen-based one, but it get the job done and is waaay cheaper. Chris wouldn't invest the time in improving his hand-eye coordination when using a screenless graphics tablet, so maybe in terms of 'per hour' usage, the ipad would be a better option?

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
who the fuck spends hundreds of dollars on an ipad, then doesn't spend $10 on procreate? Where did he even find out about this program, it looks like a knock off of Photoshop.
Chris, obviously

As for the program, CSP is basically the Japanese Photoshop, but more art focused than photo-based. Problem is that he sprung for the subscription version for tablets, which isn't cheap (take it from someone who used Adobe's products, subscriptions ain't cheap). In that situation, he'd be better off just drawing with his pens and markers.

TalmudSperg

New Zealander & Agriculturalist
He also actually needs that money; it’s one thing if he’s one of the many families that aren’t suffering any financial hardship so they decide to treat themselves to a new appliance or fancy device, but Chris fucking needs it for groceries and shit during a time where resources are scarce

I hope that you're being facetious.
Christian's income, meagre it may be, is also stable. His tugboat comes to port rain or shine. People are out of work, or working half-time.

KiwiJoe

Anime Jacinda Ardern
I'm not sure how Chris feels about piracy but tablets are pretty good for reading comics/mangas which he could use for 'inspiration'.
Was Chris ever into other comic books besides his own? Same for mangas as well.

Always seemed like Chris would find reading comic books and mangas to be a chore since he'd have to physically turn every page and read the text bubbles unlike just sitting down and watching a show.

Chris only (used to) makes comic books because he can't animate. I think his endgame was to somehow make a franchise off of the comics and then make an animated series which he would've been really into, but of course, that could never happen.

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
Was Chris ever into other comic books besides his own? Same for mangas as well.

Always seemed like Chris would find reading comic books and mangas to be a chore since he'd have to physically turn every page and read the text bubbles unlike just sitting down and watching a show.

Chris only (used to) makes comic books because he can't animate. I think his endgame was to somehow make a franchise off of the comics and then make an animated series which he would've been really into, but of course, that could never happen.
If he was, it was probably because he piggybacked off of others' interests. But I don't recall him ever mentioning any favorite comics or Manga at any point.

The American Hedgehog

Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
Chris subscribed to another Patreon, Fluffy TG. He seems to be paying $5/month based on Graphtreon's stats, which is the highest tier.

Attachments

• screenshot-www.patreon.com-2020.06.20.png
    screenshot-www.patreon.com-2020.06.20.png
    72.6 KB · Views: 188
  • screenshot-www.patreon.com-2020.06.20(1).png
    screenshot-www.patreon.com-2020.06.20(1).png
    253.6 KB · Views: 205
  • screenshot-www.patreon.com-2020.06.20(3).png
    screenshot-www.patreon.com-2020.06.20(3).png
    61.8 KB · Views: 188
  • screenshot-www.patreon.com-2020.06.20(4).png
    screenshot-www.patreon.com-2020.06.20(4).png
    136.9 KB · Views: 187

awoo

Awootist
True & Honest Fan
and I don't actually know if there is a substantial difference between Wacom and huion tablets (which you can get for around $30) I think Wacom pens are lighter but I don't think they are actually more precise or anything

King DDT

You better tech that, you lil-
Have I just forgotten how to read or is there no difference between the $3 tier and the $5 tier?
There's nothing wrong with your reading. It's the same description.

Probably was too lazy to add another perk for 5$ tier but wanted to have higher patron tier so they can feel in extra special club.
Although, maybe 5$ tier gets the series two weeks early, and 3$ gets it a week early. I've seen other people do that but they're usually pretty clear in describing when you're getting what.